Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think both of these teams would give the Leafs fits with their speed and forechecking.
Funny enough I think Tampa's defense that won the cup was a slower overall defense than ours. Problem is they compensated for it in many other areas, our defense is really bland compared to theirs.

Reactions: BallardEra

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Devils need to find a real goalie.

Screenshot_20230509-202516.png

Reactions: saffronleaf

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Devils are allowed to lose in 2nd round to Carolina and saw huge progress in their 2 young stars.

Leafs are the only team in embarrassment mode. Go figure. Our life story. It would be fitting if all Panthers goalies are injured by the 3rd and we get swept while they have their zamboni driver in net.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’m finding it difficult to be as upset about the draft lottery as some are.

Bedard and probably Fantilli go west.

Montreal lands just on the cusp of the sweet spot at 5.

College Arena team outside the sweet spot at 6.

Detroit at 9 lol - Bedard was the piece.

Vancouver at 11 even more lol.

Ottawa Summer of Dorion no pick, College Arena team has it but maybe they convince Montreal to move up one place - no one in the top 4 is trading down. Leafs get swept does Dubas have the balls to do Marner for 12th, 2023 2nd, Hayton and Crouse (he doesn’t…)?

Buffalo and Pittsburgh in mystery box territory.

Chief Leaf

Dec 10, 2009

Ottawa Summer of Dorion no pick, College Arena team has it but maybe they convince Montreal to move up one place - no one in the top 4 is trading down. Leafs get swept does Dubas have the balls to do Marner for 12th, 2023 2nd, Hayton and Crouse (he doesn’t…)?

Nostradamnyou frowns upon you. Lies lies lies.

and pssst,..... "The Enquire" is seeking positions

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The evil side of me would have loved seeing him in Montreal.

I know, twisted, but is he really that much better than Matthews?

Maybe Bedard >> Matthews?

Were people afraid of that playing out?
I never wish for anything good to happen to any Montreal team.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m glad Montreal, Arizona didn’t get Bedard. Montreal for obvious reasons, but screw Arizona. A pathetic excuse for a sports franchise doesn’t deserve a generational talent like Bedard. imagine one of the best prospects we’ve seen since McDavid wasting away on a team that plays out of a university arena.
If it passes the vote their new arena in Tempe will be sweet.

1683682540393.jpeg

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Hopefully Michkov drops to 5 Montreal takes him and he decides to stay in the KHL forever.

I do think he's gonna drop to at least 5 though because of the uncertainty around his contract and personal life

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Nostradamnyou frowns upon you. Lies lies lies.

and pssst,..... "The Enquire" is seeking positions

I love regular season and game 1-3 Mitch, but he’s kind of a big reason the Leafs are down 3-0, that egregious giveaway on the G2 winner and his being a ghost and all.

Unless he and JT wake up and Matthews starts burying these AAA chances he used to be automatic on at most I can see them pushing to game five.

Hopefully Michkov drops to 5 Montreal takes him and he decides to stay in the KHL forever.

I don’t see MSL taking that big a swing after surprising the hockey world with Slaf last year. They end up with Wood, Smith or Benson unless someone else drops. Still pretty nice but still need a few more blue chip guys to make noise - oh and Caufield to not be the same size I was when I was 11, but that’s not happening.

But I could see the Sharks taking him at 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad