Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
This is a defensive clinic by the Knights. That too with a backup goaltender. McDrai getting no looks.

When those two arent going, boy the Oilers are a tough watch.

Reactions: fahad203

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I want McDavid to do well but at the same time have no success so he becomes so frustrated he wants out of the wasteland that is Edmonton. I also really want to see what Draistail looks like when he needs to actually carry the load.

Reactions: rdogg and WillNy29

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think as long as you shut down the opposing teams top two players(including goalies), you team will have a good chance of winning the game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Chicago winning the Bedard lottery with 11.5 percent chance instead of Anaheim at 25.5 percent is completely horrible for the league and Bedard himself. He will be going to a horrible team with very little else to build around. They just went through a scandal and complete roster dismantling. Bettman must be pissed.

First having teams obviously tank and put the league's integrity into question while coinciding with a massive sports gambling partnership is not a good look. I don't care what the facts are the optics are bad right now. The respect and dignity for the game seems to be dipping and it is quite demoralizing.

Instead of a generational franchise changing talent going to a big market like California or even Columbus would have been preferable this is what we get after all the hysteria and tank jobs.

With a couple decent stars at least Bedard could play with it would be pretty promising. He could have been lining up with up and coming stars like Zegras and Terry or even with established talent like Gaudreau, Laine and Werenski.

Who is he going to be playing with in Chicago?

Is he good enough to single handedly change the complexion of a dumpster fire organization single handedly? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

The league just had the worst possible team win the Bedard sweepstakes. Boo to you Bettman. Boo I say.
Bettman is ecstatic that the largest central time market once again has a superstar. If he could get Philly and Detroit back and going on long playoff runs.

Reactions: ULF_55

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Would you be surprised to see players re-sign at minimum, and no performance bonus?

Or are Bruin lifers retiring or moving to another team?

Bergeron for Leafs 3rd. line?
I will be surprised if they don’t make something work out and keep themselves in the mix.

Bergeron needs to retire a Bruin. Furthermore, the Leafs don’t anymore old players taking a farewell tour, but they could use a 22 yr old Bergeron and Marchand.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Aside from Montreal or Ottawa getting Bedard I didnt really care where he ended up. Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, who cares? In the end it's irrelevant to us and I don't have a grudge with their fanbases.

The evil side of me would have loved seeing him in Montreal.

I know, twisted, but is he really that much better than Matthews?

Maybe Bedard >> Matthews?

Were people afraid of that playing out?

Reactions: 3blizzard4

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Aside from Montreal or Ottawa getting Bedard I didnt really care where he ended up. Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, who cares? In the end it's irrelevant to us and I don't have a grudge with their fanbases.
When it came down to those 3 teams, I was pulling for Chicago. An original six team where fans love the game seems like an appropriate place for a future superstar.

Reactions: Petrus

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
When it came down to those 3 teams, I was pulling for Chicago. An original six team where fans love the game seems like an appropriate place for a future superstar.
Chicago won 3 Cups and Anaheim won in 2007.
I was hoping someone new would get the chance like Columbus.
I’m tired of the same teams, like Edmonton having Gretzky/Messier and then McDavid. Pittsburgh having Lemieux/Jagr and getting Crosby/Malkin. Someone new.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I’m tired of the same teams, like Edmonton having Gretzky/Messier and then McDavid. Pittsburgh having Lemieux/Jagr and getting Crosby/Malkin. Someone new.
That crossed my mind too and I totally get that. I still wasn't thrilled with the idea of him in CLB but whatever, don't care too much either way. Nice to not have him in our division thought I guess that doesn't matter much either at this point.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Exactly. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad