Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Benn initiated contact in the crease, although Grubauer kind of flopped. I don't think it should count, but this review is taking forever, so it might stand.

Edit: Yep, seemed like it was trending towards a goal. Dallas with a great response tonight

Reactions: ACC1224
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
It’s interesting listening to Jackson explain the officials point of view.

I've watched it like 50 times, and I still don't think it should have counted. First contact was in the crease, and yes, Grubauer tried to sell it, but it's still interference imo. Second contact was probably fine since it was outside the crease and Benn got kinda pushed while he did his "best" to avoid Grubauer lol. First contact should've been enough to overturn, or maybe I'm crazy

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I've watched it like 50 times, and I still don't think it should have counted. First contact was in the crease, and yes, Grubauer tried to sell it, but it's still interference imo. Second contact was probably fine since it was outside the crease and Benn got kinda pushed while he did his "best" to avoid Grubauer lol. First contact should've been enough to overturn, or maybe I'm crazy

Ya I wouldn’t have been surprised at either outcome really. It would nice to hear the on ice officials explanation after the games are over just to get a better handle what exactly is the determining factor.

Btw I googled Elephant Butte because the name peaked my curiosity.
Looks like a great area. :thumbu:

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Seems.like the Hurricanes year. They have been knocking on the door for years but Boston/Tampa always stood in the way.

Reactions: uncleben

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If the Kraken draft well over the next couple years they could be a real force. I questioned the hiring of Hakstol but he has them committed to his system and working their asses off. It’s impressive.
Hakstol was bad when he was here. I guess maybe he is really good but Keefe shut him down or the players just didnt listen to him

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Seems.like the Hurricanes year. They have been knocking on the door for years but Boston/Tampa always stood in the way.
Well, they got an ex Leafs and over the past few seasons, contenders with exleafs usually win the Cup. Come to think of it, all remaining teams got ex Leafs on the roster.
Cane with Andersen
Devils with Bernier even though he is on LTIR
Marchment with Stars
McCann with Krakens
Hyman, Campbell, Ceci with Oilers
Verhaeghe with Panthers
Armadio with Vegas

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Seriously, how can the Canes put up 6 on NJD and lead 3-1 missing Svetchnikov, Terravainen and Patches ?? A team that still had plenty of cap space at the TDL and did not use it. Not bad eh??

Reactions: geehaad

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Seriously, how can the Canes put up 6 on NJD and lead 3-1 missing Svetchnikov, Terravainen and Patches ?? A team that still had plenty of cap space at the TDL and did not use it. Not bad eh??
It appears they play an effective system. It appears that their depth players are identified to work in said system. It appears they work really hard in games.

It appears they respect their coach

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Eventually the legal ramifications of CTE and brain injuries are going to catch up to this league, particularly when they really do very little to protect the players.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Thank goodness the NHL has a former enforcer and someone that promotes/wants violence in hockey as the head of the Department of Player Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad