Status
Not open for further replies.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
IMG_8912.jpg

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
One thing is sure: Toronto won't have home ice in the conference finals, if the leafs make it that far.

New Jersey had 112 points in the regular season, metropolitan division winner Carolina had 113 points. Toronto closely behind both teams with 111 points registered during the season.
Hopefully all those losses to those bottom feeders in the regular season don't come back to haunt us

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The devils winning a round makes you realize how f***ing absurd it is that it took the leafs so long

Why?
They had a number 1 pick a year after the leafs did didn’t they picked 6th the year we got marner.
They also won multiple lotteries.

How is missing the playoffs multiple years and winning a round in 2023 better than making the playoffs and winning a round in 2023?

I never understand why people think losing in round 1 is somehow worse than missing the playoffs entirely. Every team that misses the playoffs loses an elimination game too

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Why?
They had a number 1 pick a year after the leafs did didn’t they picked 6th the year we got marner.

How is missing the playoffs multiple years and winning a round in 2023 better than making the playoffs and winning a round in 2023?

I never understand why people think losing in round 1 is somehow worse than missing the playoffs entirely. Every team that misses the playoffs loses an elimination game too

I guess it's seen that it's better being terrible for a long time than being good and sucking in the first round?

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I guess it's seen that it's better being terrible for a long time is better than being good and sucking in the first round?

I just checked. They were worse than the leafs over the past 10 years.

They made the playoffs once since 2011-2012 and won 1 single round this year

They may win the cup this year. Who knows but to compare Toronto to them over the decade is just not even close.

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why?

Also people lump in 2004 with this core but this core has only been here since 2016-17. You can't put the futility of the club before that on them.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Why?

Everyone plays the ol' "you may as well have missed the playoffs" game until it's actually round 1, and the excitement of playoff hockey makes it immensely obvious that playing playoff hockey and losing is far superior than being a negative Nelly on the sidelines.

We're all going to die, nothing is guarunteed. Taking the fun in the present over the wishful future is always better as a fan.

The reality is NJ is just a different market with much different expectations.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Everyone plays the ol' "you may as well have missed the playoffs" game until it's actually round 1, and the excitement of playoff hockey makes it immensely obvious that playing playoff hockey and losing is far superior than being a negative Nelly on the sidelines.

We're all going to die, nothing is guarunteed. Taking the fun in the present over the wishful future is always better as a fan.

The reality is NJ is just a different market with much different expectations.
And it's not a bad idea for people to do some living before that happens (if you get what I mean). :)

If I'm still alive tonight when the puck drops, I know I'll be ALIVE!

GLG!!

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Why?

You dont think its absurd that it took the leafs 7 tries to win a round?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
f*** you Bruins fans. Your day in the mega-choke spotlight is here.

People love to rip the Leafs for their playoff futility, but many of those series TOR was the underdog.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502-102134_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502-102134_Chrome.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: 3blizzard4

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Best part about the Rags losing is getting to laugh at that poster EdJovanovski on the mains. Dude is a Rags fan absolutely obsessed with the Leafs and takes every opportunity to troll.
To a certain extent I respect his devotion to trolling. The Rangers were playing game 6, down 3-2 fighting for their lives and he was still in the TB-TOR GDT laughing at posts complimenting Toronto's game lmaooo

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
To a certain extent I respect his devotion to trolling. The Rangers were playing game 6, down 3-2 fighting for their lives and he was still in the TB-TOR GDT laughing at posts complimenting Toronto's game lmaooo
Some serious psychological problems. Rangers aren't even really a rival.

Reactions: kb

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Never even knew he was a leaf hater until this series. Kept laughing at my posts about Knies. Must really hurt to see the Leafs drafted a better player at the end of the 2nd round than the Rangers have been able to draft with 4 top 10 selections, and 2 of those picks being 1st and 2nd overall. If only Laf and Kakko could have the same impact Knies has had they might not have been bounced in round one.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Also people lump in 2004 with this core but this core has only been here since 2016-17. You can't put the futility of the club before that on them.
2004 has nothing to do with this management and core, agreed.
But don’t discount the fact of Leaf fans in general enduring the 19 years of not winning a round and having a hockey PTSD on them.
That’s a long time and it makes some people more sensitive to what is going on.
Think about it. As a Leaf fan you had kids and they graduated high school while you are waiting for a playoff series win.
Leaf fans are a tough breed and deserve a good showing now. We deserve some winning.

Reactions: torontoblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad