Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
That was a great game. I’m hoping for Dallas but have gained a ton of respect for the Kraken.
Unlike Vegas who I hated seeing make the Cup final in their first season and I still am not a fan of them, I can get behind this Kraken team. From many thinking they completely crapped the bed at the expansion draft (self included) to knocking off the defending champs and just being a relentless, hard-working team.

I still think Dallas takes them, but nothing but respect and admiration if the Kraken knock them off.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Poor Boston fans in such a conundrum. Got beat in epic fashion by Florida in the choke of the century (Boston holds a few of those titles) and now said team is playing the hated Leafs.

Lots of Mickey Mouse mental gymnastics by the fans.

On the one hand they want Florida to lose.

Then there’s the Leafs who they for sure want to lose.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Odd that Seattle or Devils didn't need six years of learning from losses to pass the first round.
Fair assessment. Mind you, NJ has also missed the playoffs entirely more often than not over the past while. Just demonstrates that improvement and regression do not necessarily work in linear fashion.

Last edited:

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Kraken must’ve been relieved to hear the buzzer. :laugh:
Looked at my wife and said “overtime! “, she looks back and disgustedly says “I’m going to bed”. She’s a keeper.
Who would everyone bet on from this point for Dallas vs seattle? I think Dallas comes back

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Who would everyone bet on from this point for Dallas vs seattle? I think Dallas comes back
I'd "like to" think so too. Of course, I also pegged Seattle to be eliminated by Colorado. Part of me would have to absolutely marvel at a VGK-SEA WCF though.

Reactions: Eye Test

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Poor Boston fans in such a conundrum. Got beat in epic fashion by Florida in the choke of the century (Boston holds a few of those titles) and now said team is playing the hated Leafs.

Lots of Mickey Mouse mental gymnastics by the fans.

On the one hand they want Florida to lose.

Then there’s the Leafs who they for sure want to lose.

I don't think that Bruins fans particularly care about Leafs now.
Nothing can really soften their failure or make it worse - ie Leafs winning the Cup.

Let's focus on winning it first, raising a banner because Bruins lost to Florida is a bit stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad