Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He was still in Vegas last year no?

You might be correct

Gallant has a way of doing well for the first year or two. Then he falls out of favor for some reason
It happened in Florida and Vegas.

In florida he wasn't even given taxi money when he was fired. He really must rub people the wrong way

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Gallant has a way of doing well for the first year or two. Then he falls out of favor for some reason

In florida he wasn't even given taxi money when he was fired. He really must rub people the wrong way
I am just surprised that all the favourites are gone in the first round.

Car/NJ is now interesting. I have zero idea who wins that series

For the record, you were correct. This was his second year with the Rangers

Reactions: fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am just surprised that all the favourites are gone in the first round.

Car/NJ is now interesting. I have zero idea who wins that series

NJ has to be the favorites to me. They got some star power
Caro has a decent team concept, but really lacking finishing other than Necas and Aho
Goalie is very suspectful

Reactions: Jojalu

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Rangers are one of the worse drafting teams out there considering their positions in the drafts

Kappo Kakko
Laf
Kravtsov(Gone)
Lias Anderson(Gone)

All top 7 picks

Edit: I must add as well, Kakko and Laf were 1st and 2nd overalls

Every team given the chance would have taken Laf 1st OA; the Junior numbers were sterling (100+ point 16-17 year old season) and his WJC performance was excellent - 2020 WJC MVP.

Even his rookie numbers 56-12-9-21 were scalable and have been going up each year…

But it takes a special kind of stupid to say ‘Let’s take this kid who could potentially score 90 points, staple him to the bottom six and give him no PP time because we don’t want to piss off Panarin.’

He should have demanded a trade last year and I bet he does now and goes somewhere and becomes a player.

And Breadman is just an S-class playoff choker. He has two more points than alleged S-class playoff choker Mitch Marner in 11 more playoff games.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Irrespective of his injury, he's just a garbage player
His value was higher simply because he was available

A career third liner really that we paid premium price for.

His biggest contribution was a fight that Corey Perry only faught to show he's a good human

I dunno, I thought he looked good before he got hurt. PPG with awesome underlying numbers.

The Foligno injury sucks considering we lost Tavares had Hyman just come off the shelf for the playoffs (and he was pretty bad) and Matthews himself was banged up. Losing Muzzin on the backend was probably the biggest blow though.

Love the team is remarkably healthy compared to years past. Even Murray is back practicing.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
TBH, I didn't watch much of the NYR vs Devils series. Are we in agreement we did better picking up ROR instead of Kane?

Reactions: DirkStraun

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Gotta give pops to the Devils young core. Young and dangerous. Pretty sure if our boys didn’t advance this year, half the board here will take this comment to be a diss to our boys, lol.

For real, Devils played well and with Shek gone, I think Sammy might just be the best goalie in the playoffs.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
If the Leafs can beat Florida, we’ll have a chance to avenge our early 2000’s teams that could never beat New Jersey and were denied a Stanley Cup Finals berth by Carolina.
Thats why I wanted boston to win game 7 and advance last night- because I wanted the leafs to destroy the bruins so bad with the terrible fires of revenge, i just had a wish- to see the leafs burn the bruins alive in the next round. We were due for a epic payback against the hated boston bruins but instead we got the other florida team 😪😅. We wont slay all our dragons/demons in the same playoff run unfortunately. So far this year, we slayed the first round dragon, the tampa dragon(payback for last year), and if we make it to the ecf, we will slay both the elusive conference final dragon(1993,1994,1999, 2002) and the early 2000s playoff nemesis dragon (new jersey in 2000/2001 and carolina in 2002)

Oh, I forgot the game 7 dragon. Hopefully we slay that one too!
And boston, we will eliminate you next year or in another year. Dont worry bruins, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Last edited:

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Panarin is one of the most overrated players in the league. That contract is actually terrible.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Totally clean hit. Went straight through. Perfectly square. Trouba’s tall - Meier needs to keep his head up.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

How did that work out for ya, Kane?

Lol_kane.jpg

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Tbh I’m glad the Rangers are out, if the leafs make it to the third round and had to face a veteran team with Shesterkin it could’ve been extremely frustrating.

The devils have speed and skill but they’re quite young still.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Carolina has NJ's numbers in their playoff history. Hopefully it won't be the case this time.
I'm not afraid of the carolina hurricanes now. If they were completely healthy, yes. But not now.

Their offense is much weaker without three key forwards(max pacioretty, andrei svechnikov and teuvo teravainen all injured and out for the season). They still have an healthy elite forward in Aho, but its not enough.

Defensively they are a threat. Their defense( both as a team and their top 6 defense group) is very good. Goaltending is average, Andersen can implode at any time with backbreaking goals and he is mentally weak. Carolina goaltenders have good statistics (save percentage and goals against allowed)since 2019 because they hide behind carolina's elite defensive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad