Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hmm. It's almost as if we need to do a better job generating offense so we can get value for these players.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Jeff Carter quit on the Kings
No, he didn't. This is what happens to poorly run organizations. Talent doesn't mean anything if you have poor mentality, and this team has devolved into a piss poor enviornment.

I keep reading posts here that lament why players who leave here perform better. Its not the players, its the environment around them that staled then rotted.

Eichel isn't going to a damn thing for this team because he is going to step into a mess just as bad as Buffalo. The Kings need to change their entire tone, forget trying to resurrect and augment a long dead past and concentrate on building a new identity with a very talented group of players coming in together. That new era can define itself on its own terms, not trying to fill in gaping gaps of a group of players that have failed in a period more than twice as long as it succeeded.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Can't generate offense if you can't win board battles or get the puck out of your zone with regularity.

Agreed.

As I've mentioned, trading vets "at high value" means nothing until there's a solid infrastructure for success. Even if the Kings traded Carter sooner, got a first and prospect, and "accelerated the rebuild," they're still rebuilding on a faulty foundation.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
They all quit and don’t want to play a defensive system

I don't blame them, they all have eyes and see what the best teams have, a defensive system in 2020-2021 is garbage. It's an arms race in the NHL.

Carter was a good soldier for the Kings for awhile, but we have to be honest, everyone reaches a breaking point where it's tough to be motivated. Jeff Carter's age 29-35 seasons were ruined mostly due to woefully inept management by Blake and DL.

As dark and as bad as 1994-1999 or 2002-2006 were

Reactions: tomd

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Man I respect Foligno for hitting nosek so hard that he's now injured. You need to throw big hits in the playoffs. Bruise their good players. That's such an important element completely missing from the Kings. Rememeber how many players the Kings used to take out? I'm not Pro-Injury, I'm pro hitting. And If you can intimidate the star players then you already have a leg up.

Reactions: jfont

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't blame them, they all have eyes and see what the best teams have, a defensive system in 2020-2021 is garbage. It's an arms race in the NHL.

Carter was a good soldier for the Kings for awhile, but we have to be honest, everyone reaches a breaking point where it's tough to be motivated. Jeff Carter's age 29-35 seasons were ruined mostly due to woefully inept management by Blake and DL.

As dark and as bad as 1994-1999 or 2002-2006 were

Yup. You can hate him for quitting, but you should also hate the Kings for giving him a big reason to.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Agreed.

As I've mentioned, trading vets "at high value" means nothing until there's a solid infrastructure for success. Even if the Kings traded Carter sooner, got a first and prospect, and "accelerated the rebuild," they're still rebuilding on a faulty foundation.
Ok, I see your point. If you are referring to BLuc, I agree, but wasn't Carter also part of the faulty foundation on which they were trying to build. Carter looked around and didn't see any leadership from the guys who were supposed to be taking on that role, and decided he would just go along for the ride.

I am concerned this team won't get better until the organization cleans house again. This former Kings player nepotism has never worked well for the Kings and has failed with other teams as well, most notably the Oilers.

I am for firing Robitaille and Blake tomorrow and giving a solid hockey management team a chance. Start with a call to John Davidson, and go from there.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Agreed.

Couldn't agree more. The part that should be a bigger concern here that seems to be lost in the "more now" argument is that Blake has been absolutely miserable in veteran acquisitions. I am not sure which part of the beach volleyball team is responsible for pro scouting, but can you name a single veteran player that has succeeded when brought in here during their run?

Iafallo is the only winger on the team that would be a favorite to win a 50/50. This management team hasn't drafted anyone, not a soul, who plays that role. Why would anyone think this is going to change enough to make a difference? The current team has no spine, they have no options coming, and their acquisitions fail.

But yeah, a star is going to change this dysfunctional culture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad