Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Avs up 3-1 in the 3rd until...

Once a POS always a POS.

That is so disgusting.

Don't worry though, the NHLPA will go to bat for him like they do for every one of these bums. You'd think at some point they'd stop defending members who try and severely injure other members, but I guess not, they are even more useless than public sector unions.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
AngelicExhaustedCobra-max-1mb.gif

Guys, I'm not a bad guy. I'll f***ing kill you, but I'm not a bad guy.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I didn’t mind that hit and never believe there’s intent to hit the head. Yes it was a bit blindside and I guess not ok now but this was a clean hit when I played and Scott Stevens made a living doing this.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I didn’t mind that hit and never believe there’s intent to hit the head. Yes it was a bit blindside and I guess not ok now but this was a clean hit when I played and Scott Stevens made a living doing this.

You can't possibly be serious. How can you say you have no problem with a hit that knocks someone unconscious and presumably gives them a concussion while violating two of the major things that have been emphasized by the league for years? Not even mentioning that he is a multiple time offender, and not only was it blindside but the principal point of contact was the head, and he went out of his way to target it. It was in no way a hockey play at all.

A bit blindside, yeah and Marty McSorely just caught Donald Brashear a bit high. Were you ok with the Raffi Torres nonsense too? How about when Bryan Marchment used to destroy ACL's multiple times a year? Good old time hockey?

Concussions can and have destroyed lives. The league has knowledge now that they didn't before and have correctly done away with those types of hits so hopefully this generation of players doesn't suffer the same type of fate that has befell'ed many of the guys we grew up watching.

Craig MacTavish wasn't wearing a helmet at the same time Scott Stevens was delivering a lot those hits, should we let players play without buckets?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That is so disgusting.

Don't worry though, the NHLPA will go to bat for him like they do for every one of these bums. You'd think at some point they'd stop defending members who try and severely injure other members, but I guess not, they are even more useless than public sector unions.

That was the definition of predatory. Absolutely brutal. Hopefully Faulk is going to be alright.

I would of absolutely lost it on Kadri. He needs one good f***ing beatdown.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Scott Stevens, another asshole. Yeah, I remember his 'clean hit' on Paul Kariya in the SC Final.

giphy.gif

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
I find there's a lot of instances where you can raise questions about intent and actual malice with Tom Wilson incidences, whereas most of Kadri's have been highly predatory and visibly intentional. f*** that guy.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
You can't possibly be serious. How can you say you have no problem with a hit that knocks someone unconscious and presumably gives them a concussion while violating two of the major things that have been emphasized by the league for years? Not even mentioning that he is a multiple time offender, and not only was it blindside but the principal point of contact was the head, and he went out of his way to target it. It was in no way a hockey play at all.

A bit blindside, yeah and Marty McSorely just caught Donald Brashear a bit high. Were you ok with the Raffi Torres nonsense too? How about when Bryan Marchment used to destroy ACL's multiple times a year? Good old time hockey?

Concussions can and have destroyed lives. The league has knowledge now that they didn't before and have correctly done away with those types of hits so hopefully this generation of players doesn't suffer the same type of fate that has befell'ed many of the guys we grew up watching.

Craig MacTavish wasn't wearing a helmet at the same time Scott Stevens was delivering a lot those hits, should we let players play without buckets?

I usually give the player going to make the hit benefit of the doubt that they weren’t trying to hurt their opponent. It’s a fast game and Kadri has a split second to make a decision on whether to let up or make the hit. Faulk was in a prone position taking a shot and Kadri followed through but I don’t see an elbow. 2 games, 1 for being wreckless, and 1 for reputation. I also feel the McSorley stick swing wasn't that hard and he intended to hit him on the shoulder, not close to Granato or Chris Simon or Ciccarelli.

Last edited:

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Scott Stevens, another asshole. Yeah, I remember his 'clean hit' on Paul Kariya in the SC Final.

giphy.gif

That hit was late but he kept his elbow down and Kariya made the mistake of admiring his pass. Again, split second decision for the guy hitting the player. I don't see intent to hurt someone and it's common sense a player would not do that in a close playoff series.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I find there's a lot of instances where you can raise questions about intent and actual malice with Tom Wilson incidences, whereas most of Kadri's have been highly predatory and visibly intentional. f*** that guy.

I actually agree with this. Kadri's hits have been way more predatory. Not to condone some of the nonsense Wilson has done but some of the damage is because he is built like a tank.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I usually give the player going to make the hit benefit of the doubt that they weren’t trying to hurt their opponent. It’s a fast game and Kadri has a split second to make a decision on whether to let up or make the hit. Faulk was in a prone position taking a shot and Kadri followed through but I don’t see an elbow. 2 games, 1 for being wreckless, and 1 for reputation.

It's 2021 there doesn't have to be an elbow for it to be a suspendable offense. You can't intentionally target someones head even if it's with your shoulder.

I've given up trying to figure out what Parros is going to do, and his hands are tied a bit by the NHLPA being the stupidest union in the history of humanity but that should be the rest of the 1st round.

And Kadri has forfeited any benefit of the doubt people want to give him.

That hit was late but he kept his elbow down and Kariya made the mistake of admiring his pass. Again, split second decision for the guy hitting the player. I don't see intent to hurt someone and it's common sense a player would not do that in a close playoff series.

In fairness to Stevens, he was also playing within the defined rules of the time. But the rules have been changed (largely because of damage he did) and we have thankfully moved beyond hits like that being deemed "Good old time hockey hits"

Reactions: Schrute farms

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
I actually agree with this. Kadri's hits have been way more predatory. Not to condone some of the nonsense Wilson has done but some of the damage is because he is built like a tank.

Right, there's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's just a big body that runs around as a wrecking bowl not entirely in control of the weight he's throwing around. He picks his spots and absolutely tries to explode through them which is also probably making them way more obvious. Not only that, he's an after the whistle hunter. He's thrown plenty of times but still finds excuses to hide behind the refs and throw punches or chirp over there shoulder.

edit : someone needs to redo the miley cyrus music video with her sitting on top of a wrecking bowl instead of a ball

Last edited:

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
It's 2021 there doesn't have to be an elbow for it to be a suspendable offense. You can't intentionally target someones head even if it's with your shoulder.

I've given up trying to figure out what Parros is going to do, and his hands are tied a bit by the NHLPA being the stupidest union in the history of humanity but that should be the rest of the 1st round.

In fairness to Stevens, he was also playing within the defined rules of the time. But the rules have been changed (largely because of damage he did) and we have thankfully moved beyond hits like that being deemed "Good old time hockey hits"

I agree it's not an ok hit now but I just don't think he intentionally wanted to hit the guy high and hurt him. There was intention when he took a run at I think McAvoy? That was right after he was hit and he lost his cool.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014

Right, those were the rules and had the league acted quicker in knowing what a brain scramble did long term they probably should've changed that quicker. And there was always going to be a feel out period and transition from the Stevens era, that was a long ass time ago now.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
I agree it's not an ok hit now but I just don't think he intentionally wanted to hit the guy high and hurt him. There was intention when he took a run at I think McAvoy? That was right after he was hit and he lost his cool.
Look at the rest of his suspensions too and tell me there's not intentions, also, at this point, it doesn't even matter. Adjust your hitting style or don't complain or be surprised when you have to sit and hurt your team.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

Isn't that exactly the problem? He hasn't learned that the rules have changed and you can't do that. It's one thing if your emotions get the best of you in anger and you go after a guy -- a one time thing. Crap like that happens unfortunately in the heat of the moment and you pay your dues for it. But a guy who continues to do this, without maliciousness maybe, but just thinking it's normal and an acceptable way to play -- that's a huge problem. He'll keep continue doing so until he's properly punished....more harshly each time until he gets the drill (or else you're booted).

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I don't have any problem with deciding to blast Faulk there since he's waltzing into a prime scoring area and you want to let guys know that there might be a cost to going to that prime scoring era; however, you've got to make sure you get his shoulder or else you can't make that hit from the side anymore.

"Predatory" is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I mean, predators in the wild take advantage of unsuspecting prey but, like, that's the best time to hit someone in hockey and it is perfectly fine if it is a clean hit: clean hits can be "predatory" if the definition is something along the lines of "defenseless player" or "unsuspecting". This hit wasn't predatory in the sense that he was hunting Faulk all shift/game or what have you: it is a bang-bang play that would be totally fine if Kadri knew how to hit properly.

But the last part is the rub: Kadri is not good at hitting whereas Wilson is actually a good hitter. Kadri's last two "full" seasons were 2018 and 2019 when he played 80 and 73 games, respectively. His hit totals were only 94 and 85 for those two seasons. He only had 23 total hits in 15 playoff games last season and his final stat line for the first round--and maybe more--will be two hits in two games.

Wilson is basically over 200 hits every season. He's got 15 in three playoff games this year.

I'm not saying Wilson is an angel but, really, the idea that he is the dirtiest player in the league needs to be examined when you've got a guy in Kadri with a long list of suspensions himself, doesn't hit that much and has multiple stick infractions included in that list of suspensions. At least Wilson will fight anybody as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the thing with Kadri is you can see his temperature rising. On nearly every one of his hits, you can see something in the immediate few shifts that made him mad. Honestly not sure that's the case here since I was dead in bed after the Avs went up early but damn near all of them are premeditated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad