Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I didn’t mind that hit and never believe there’s intent to hit the head. Yes it was a bit blindside and I guess not ok now but this was a clean hit when I played and Scott Stevens made a living doing this.
It's 2021 and intent is not the point. Avoid the head. Hit through the body.

Just like boarding. Avoid hitting a guy in the numbers when you're near the boards. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Look at the rest of his suspensions too and tell me there's not intentions, also, at this point, it doesn't even matter. Adjust your hitting style or don't complain or be surprised when you have to sit and hurt your team.
that's my problem too, like he's been told over and over how that hit has to shake out, and he did the thing you're not supposed to do. then like reclamation project said, he has that dopey look on his face in the corner like "what? what did i do?"

you need to be aware you can be hit in that part of the ice but kadri has every opportunity to just lower his shoulder and go through the body but he blasts up into the front. like.. no go. it's just stupid from him.. again..

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm not saying Wilson is an angel but, really, the idea that he is the dirtiest player in the league needs to be examined when you've got a guy in Kadri with a long list of suspensions himself, doesn't hit that much and has multiple stick infractions included in that list of suspensions. At least Wilson will fight anybody as well.
unrelated and OT but i know how you feel about this kind of stick work, coincidentally got recommended this in my youtube feed:

yikes

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
unrelated and OT but i know how you feel about this kind of stick work, coincidentally got recommended this in my youtube feed:

yikes

Initial thoughts are:

1. Jens95's feed is a great follow: I suggest you click "subscribe" if you haven't done so.
2. That's pretty wild to do up one goal with three minutes left in the 3rd period.
3. He'll fit right in on his parent club.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Damn John Tavares just got knocked out by an unfortunate collision with none other then Corey Perry's Shin pads/legs.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Damn John Tavares just got knocked out by an unfortunate collision with none other then Corey Perry's Shin pads/legs.
Yeah, he really really did try to get out of the way. I wonder if Soupy learned anything from JQ and will punch him (appropriately).

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, he really really did try to get out of the way. I wonder if Soupy learned anything from JQ and will punch him (appropriately).

It looked kinda coincidental but it's f****en d****bag Perry so I would be one bit surprised if....well you know. Damn it didn't look good.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Easily the worst hit to the head I've seen in a long time, intentional or not. The way he slumped back before the camera cut.... Ooph. Hard to watch. Hope Tavares is okay.

Carter with goal #2. You gamer motherf***er!!!! :)

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It's amazing how easily Carter scores for Pittsburgh. Those same shots never went in for the kings the last few years.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
no question but you definitely cant say that the effort he's giving in Pittsburgh is the same in LA.
I can actually. His numbers have been consistent for the last three seasons and 2 3/4 of those he's been on the Kings. It's looking great for the Penguins because they have an actual team and Carter isn't as easily defended there like he is here where you can count on one hand offensively competent players.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Watching these teams is hilarious, it's amazing how little offensive power the Kings have. So many goalscoring superstars and we'll be throwing a party if someone hits 30 next year on this roster. Gets really tiring seeing the constant lack of offensive talent on this roster. I'm all for trading a few prospects and picks for an elite winger because I have ZERO confidence this team can develop one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad