Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I wonder how good Hossa will be with the Coyotes. Never thought I’d see him in a Yotes jersey.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You sound like you don’t have kids? You aren’t wrong but it’s complicated and it’s not really about him so much as his young son.
I have two kids. The guy has a choice Work closer to family or not. He chose to work away from them. He would get a bigger pat on the back from me if he gave up hockey to be closer to his family but he didn’t. In fact if the blues didn’t even want him I doubt he would’ve given up tha game. so again don’t try and sell me the “family angle” when his actions are the ones that has him away from his kid.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m not disagreeing with you but just read the guy above your post. (Half joking I hope) of a stempniak reunion. If Hall has to deal with pto that turn line mates for another two years 15 million won’t keep him. Sooner or later real help will have to be brought in.

Again this doesn’t mean through just ufa

Yes it was half joking. And no, any PTOs we bring in won’t play with Hall regardless unless they’re actually productive. Seems a bit on the dramatic side.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I have two kids. The guy has a choice Work closer to family or not. He chose to work away from them. He would get a bigger pat on the back from me if he gave up hockey to be closer to his family but he didn’t. In fact if the blues didn’t even want him I doubt he would’ve given up tha game. so again don’t try and sell me the “family angle” when his actions are the ones that has him away from his kid.

Give him credit for growing up and realizing what is important. Again I don’t think anyone feels sorry for him.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I wonder how good Hossa will be with the Coyotes. Never thought I’d see him in a Yotes jersey.
I imagine he'd look something like this:
40869483652_3509fcf85d_b.jpg

Reactions: OmNomNom

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
imagine thinking you can tell other people what they should do with their lives

He didn't do that... just tried to be "that guy" type of poster because Maroon could quit hockey and work at Burger King if he wanted to be closer to his kid. It's a very cool way to approach life.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I really liked Maroon during his time here and though I’d wish he had signed with NJ, I’ve got nothing but respect for him and wish him well moving forward. As a father, there isn’t anything that is more important in your life than your children. Or at least it should be that way. He’s being paid handsomely compared to the average person but he did in fact take less money to be closer to home. That should be commended no matter how much he is making.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yes it was half joking. And no, any PTOs we bring in won’t play with Hall regardless unless they’re actually productive. Seems a bit on the dramatic side.
5th time now I used the wrong word linemate. Love that no one has read that yet lol. You guys get a word stuck in your head and run with it.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
He didn't do that... just tried to be "that guy" type of poster because Maroon could quit hockey and work at Burger King if he wanted to be closer to his kid. It's a very cool way to approach life.

lol talk about a hot take. Not trying to tell anyone what to do btw

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The hossa trade today did it involve cap space or actual dollars Arizona has to pay hossa contract? And are those prospects going to them anygood? Also couldn’t the hawks put him on ltir

this is the first ive heard of the hossa trade

WHAT A f***ING JOKE the hawks and the league are……first the skin condition and now pawning off whatever contract/buyout/LTIR it is to another joke like the coyotes.

wow.

f***ing raise his number to the rafters right away! right now! along with pronger's and datsyuk's………clown show full on

the league has no shame though and will defend their bullshit until the end of time

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Yikes

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
this is the first ive heard of the hossa trade

WHAT A ****ING JOKE the hawks and the league are……first the skin condition and now pawning off whatever contract/buyout/LTIR it is to another joke like the coyotes.

wow.

****ing raise his number to the rafters right away! right now! along with pronger's and datsyuk's………clown show full on

the league has no shame though and will defend their bull**** until the end of time
Hossa and Pronger will both go into the HOF as Coyotes.

Actually, I forgot Pronger already did go into the HOF! AND as a Coyote! Next he'll be in there in the builders category as a Panther!:sarcasm:

Reactions: nugg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So Maroon should be expected to quit hockey and work a job like the average Joe if he wants to live near his kid?

No, it just doesn't impress some people that he chose to take way less money to play in front of and live near his son. Maroon doesn't have to play hockey and him playing gives the son, that he rarely saw, a better life anyway.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad