Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I just find it way too convenient that this skin ailment popped out of nowhere the year his salary was expected to drop to $1 million

He probably does, it's probably just not THAT bad.

It's probably something that say the 35 year old Hossa that was making $6-$7 million (whatever he was making at that time) almost definitely plays through.

This is my entire feeling about it. It flares up to the point of retirement when his salary drops? Come on, that's ridiculous. Nobody care even challenge that?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is my entire feeling about it. It flares up to the point of retirement when his salary drops? Come on, that's ridiculous. Nobody care even challenge that?
The worst part is because of the "injury" and now this trade, Chicago won't face any punishment for the absurd contract. Teams have completely gotten around the recapture penalty which was supposed to be the punishment for every team with a contract like the one we were punished for offering to Kovalchuk.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The worst part is because of the "injury" and now this trade, Chicago won't face any punishment for the absurd contract. Teams have completely gotten around the recapture penalty which was supposed to be the punishment for every team with a contract like the one we were punished for offering to Kovalchuk.
Still got Luongo and Weber :sarcasm:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Columbus GM meeting Panarin in France tomorrow

he could be moved before the seasons start if he isn't re-signing

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What? Ray Emery's dead? The goalie Ray Emery? I always thought he was a crappy goalie and thought he was kind of a shitty person when he jumped Holtby (anyone remember when he fought Ari Ahonen in the AHL back in 2005?) and all that, but this sucks to read. I remember seeing he had some personal issues later in his career and when it ended.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
My brother just messaged me that Ray Emery was dead. So I just came over here to see if it was legit or not. I couldn’t even find anything about it as of a few minutes ago when I typed his name on a search engine and clicked news. I just see it here and a thread about it on the main board.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
WOW This Sucks!

Former NHL goaltender Ray Emery drowned while swimming in his hometown of Hamilton, Ontario, on Sunday. He was 35.
According to the Hamilton Police Department, Emery was reported missing just after 6 a.m. Sunday in Hamilton Harbour, which lies on the western tip of Lake Ontario. His body was recovered in close proximity to where he was last seen later in the afternoon, police said.
The cause of death will be confirmed following an examination.
"They went out for a swim and unfortunately he did not emerge after diving in," police Inspector Marty Schulenberg told The Hamilton Spectator. "We responded along with Hamilton Fire and EMS. Unfortunately, our efforts on the water and in the area just around the piers were met with negative results."

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
What? Ray Emery's dead? The goalie Ray Emery? I always thought he was a crappy goalie and thought he was kind of a ****ty person when he jumped Holtby (anyone remember when he fought Ari Ahonen in the AHL back in 2005?) and all that, but this sucks to read. I remember seeing he had some personal issues later in his career and when it ended.
The thing with Holtby made me laugh because it was so crazy. I am a terrible person. Guy legit had a few screws loose, so sad to see this.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The thing with Holtby made me laugh because it was so crazy. I am a terrible person. Guy legit had a few screws loose, so sad to see this.
Didn't he fight Marty Biron once when Biron was with the Sabres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad