Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Bernier has really done a solid job in his last 2 stops and shown he's at least capable of being a part of a strong tandem. Think that would actually be a decent move for Detroit.

The other two I'm skeptical about. Is Hutton really as good as he's been in St. Louis? Is Ward going to fair any better in Chicago than he did in Carolina? I know they tend to give up a lot of shots, but he was a sub .910 goalie last year.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Injuries and concussions. He is almost at clowe territory at this point I hear.

Really? I never knew he had that many concussions. Poor guy, hopefully he can stay involved in the game like Clowe and become a coach or something.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I think he's got some serious CTE concerns in his future, guy's had a bunch of concussions.

He's made his money, if I were him I'd just walk away.

Easy for me to say though, sitting behind my computer screen.

this is exactly what i meant before when we talked about dan carcillo. just walk away! your head has taken a beating why continue to play? if he does have issues with his brain its all on him.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I think he's got some serious CTE concerns in his future, guy's had a bunch of concussions.

He's made his money, if I were him I'd just walk away.

Easy for me to say though, sitting behind my computer screen.

Agreed. The guy is set for life after having a 7.8 million salary the last 8 years. Hang em up, get a part time job doing something you love, and spend time with the family. Thats what I would do if I was Rick

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
If Nash decides not to retire I hope Shero makes a play for a one year deal. It would probably be a late July signing kind of like what we did with Jagr but I think he could help our team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Agreed. The guy is set for life after having a 7.8 million salary the last 8 years. Hang em up, get a part time job doing something you love, and spend time with the family. Thats what I would do if I was Rick

The only thing (besides the ambiguous love of the game) that might keep him around is the fact he hasn't won a Cup yet. If he does come back I'd expect it on a short-term deal with one of the upper-tier contenders.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bernier has really done a solid job in his last 2 stops and shown he's at least capable of being a part of a strong tandem. Think that would actually be a decent move for Detroit.

The other two I'm skeptical about. Is Hutton really as good as he's been in St. Louis? Is Ward going to fair any better in Chicago than he did in Carolina? I know they tend to give up a lot of shots, but he was a sub .910 goalie last year.
They actually gave up the least amount of shots in the league (or bottom 2-3) last year in Carolina and they’re usually near the top of the league in fewest shots against. Ward hasn’t been better than .910% since 2011-2012. I think Chicago is probably done competing. They might still make the playoffs, but I don’t see them doing any real damage anymore.

And I agree on Hutton. He seems to always fail the eye test for me, so I can see him moving on to Buffalo and being a .902% goalie again or something like that. Lehner is better than him, but he seems to have fallen out of favor with their current management and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad