Around the League 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
There's a decent chance that Columbus won't even make the playoffs. This is an overpayment as it is but boy if they miss the playoffs, and lose all 3 of them to ufa then it's a disaster and I'd be pissed if I was a Columbus fan.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
They'll get another in the Stone deal as well...Although I'd probably be asking for a NHL ready to go upper tier prospect
The thing about Dorian is that he's very good at drafting. It's his trades that usually suck

Last edited:

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
The odds of Ovechkin passing Gretzky are probably against him.

But adjusted for era's, there's a pretty good argument that Ovechkin is already closing in on being the greatest goal scorer of all time. I'd rank him as a better goal scorer than Gretzky already.

Not a better player than Gretzky, but certainly the better goal scorer. Probably even by quite a bit.
Don't sleep on Mario

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Really DUMB trade by Columbus, mortgaging a chunk of their future on a team that with or without Duchene is not going to win the cup this year.

Probably not but they KNOW they aren’t going to be in position again anytime soon once they lose Panarin and Bob, plus Torts’ shelf life is getting shorter. So it’s be desperate now or go down meekly and reset without so much as winning a playoff round.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't sleep on Mario
He was definitely a better goal scorer than Wayne was. He just didn't play long enough, due to cancer, injuries and retiring before the comeback.

It's crazy to think he played at 40 years old and didn't even play 1000 games in the NHL. He hadn't even played 750 regular season when he retired the first time.

Is he a better goal scorer than Ovechkin? Tough to say when adjusting for era's. His career shooting percentage was 19%. That's insane! He was able to sustain some pretty high shooting percentage numbers until the year after his final comeback, by which time he was 36.

Reactions: My3Sons

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Why is nobody talking about Jeff Skinner as a potential UFA trade target?

It's all, Stone, Panerin, Duchene, Zucs, Hayes, Simmonds, etc....., but IMO Skinner is a more talented UFA than most of those.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Why is nobody talking about Jeff Skinner as a potential UFA trade target?

It's all, Stone, Panerin, Duchene, Zucs, Hayes, Simmonds, etc....., but IMO Skinner is a more talented UFA than most of those.

It's a fair point but it feels like many believe he likes it there and being paired with Eichel.

Buffalo could get a haul for him if they opted to do it since they really look like they're falling out of the playoff picture, but I think they see him as a cornerstone of the team moving forward.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He’s got 9 less points than McLeod and plays wing and is tiny.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t think you’d be saying positive things if he was a devil prospect.

Picked 53 spots later and he's scored more goals than McLeod this year.

I'd take him over McLeod one for one right now.

That's not to say McLeod is a bum, he's progressing too, but, Abramov has a higher upside IMO

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's a fair point but it feels like many believe he likes it there and being paired with Eichel.

Buffalo could get a haul for him if they opted to do it since they really look like they're falling out of the playoff picture, but I think they see him as a cornerstone of the team moving forward.

It'd be hilarious if after they traded for him and people thought got him so cheaply that he wound up walking for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad