Around the League 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
The odds of Ovechkin passing Gretzky are probably against him.

But adjusted for era's, there's a pretty good argument that Ovechkin is already closing in on being the greatest goal scorer of all time. I'd rank him as a better goal scorer than Gretzky already.

Not a better player than Gretzky, but certainly the better goal scorer. Probably even by quite a bit.

He's going to easily reach 800 and if you adjust it, he's the best goal scorer of all time.

We are very lucky to witness it

Reactions: Bleedred

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Picked 53 spots later and he's scored more goals than McLeod this year.

I'd take him over McLeod one for one right now.

That's not to say McLeod is a bum, he's progressing too, but, Abramov has a higher upside IMO

This one has been bugging me all day.

You would take the smaller, winger with less points than the bigger, center with more points?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pure class? Lmfao dude played 2 seasons there. I'd be embarrassed if we did this nonsense for someone like that.

I don't know if I'd be embarrassed, but I do think it's a little tacky for a guy that was only there for about 15 months. I was actually afraid it wouldn't go over well, as the crowd was really giving it to him when he touched the puck and was out on the ice before that. He got a pretty nice ovation though.

I'm glad we keep those types of videos and tributes relegated to people like Marty and Stevens when they came back working for other teams. And maybe a few others. We did it for Henrique, which was less than a month after he was traded, but he was a pretty popular player here with fans and scored our biggest goal in the last 15 years.

I'm not gonna touch Gomez or Holik in this example, as they signed with the Rangers, but can you imagine if we had done this for Parise after his first game back?

Speak for yourself. I want a Lovejoy tribute after he gets traded.
Is that you @My3Sons ? :sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know if I'd be embarrassed, but I do think it's a little tacky for a guy that was only there for about 15 months. I was actually afraid it wouldn't go over well, as the crowd was really giving it to him when he touched the puck and was out on the ice before that. He got a pretty nice ovation though.

I'm glad we keep those types of videos and tributes relegated to people like Marty and Stevens when they came back working for other teams. And maybe a few others. We did it for Henrique, which was less than a month after he was traded, but he was a pretty popular player here with fans and scored our biggest goal in the last 15 years.

I'm not gonna touch Gomez or Holik in this example, as they signed with the Rangers, but can you imagine if we had done this for Parise after his first game back?

Is that you @My3Sons ? :sarcasm:

He played a total of 118 games and 0 playoff games for them and 58 home games there. I think it's a joke and the fans should have booed the entire thing. Hell they showed a clip of him golfing! Lmfao

Even our organization knows better then to pull that crap with us. A Parise or Kovy video would have booed off the screen.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They showed an Adam Larsson tribute video when he came back as an Oiler, I don’t remember if they did one for Jagr.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They showed an Adam Larsson tribute video when he came back as an Oiler, I don’t remember if they did one for Jagr.

That’s bad if they did one for larrson when his main contribution here was him being traded.

If kovy left as a ufa after the 12 season I could see them doing one and being fine with it. Same with praise. Praise was here for what 8 years?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Played 274 games here at least, which is more than double what Duchene played and hell I'd give him a tribute video just for getting traded 1 for 1 for Hall lol I don't remember one for Jagr and he definitely didn't deserve it anyway. I'm still in the minority on that probably but I hated that signing because I've never liked the guy.

Reactions: Darkauron

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Pure class? Lmfao dude played 2 seasons there. I'd be embarrassed if we did this nonsense for someone like that.

My how times changed with the sens. I remember in 03 for that game 7 thinking Noway we are going into Canada and winning that game. To me it was a pretty intimidating team and arena that place was fired up. Now? How the mighty have fallen both teams

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually didn't even remember that we did one for Larsson, but he did play here for quite a while, so I understood that they did.

I doubt they did one for Jagr. If anything, maybe they announced his name and the fans gave him an ovation, but I highly doubt we gave him an actual tribute video package like we did for Larsson and Henrique.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually didn't even remember that we did one for Larsson, but he did play here for quite a while, so I understood that they did.

I doubt they did one for Jagr. If anything, maybe they announced his name and the fans gave him an ovation, but I highly doubt we gave him an actual tribute video package like we did for Larsson and Henrique.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I don't remember doing anything for Jagr, even a name announcement. I could be wrong but I just don't remember it happening. I know we did something for Stephen Gionta but at least he contributed to a run to the finals.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He played a total of 118 games and 0 playoff games for them and 58 home games there. I think it's a joke and the fans should have booed the entire thing. Hell they showed a clip of him golfing! Lmfao

Even our organization knows better then to pull that crap with us. A Parise or Kovy video would have booed off the screen.
Everything about that trade just looks like a joke now.

It's not Duchene's fault, but I really thought they were reaching with giving him that tribute, but fortunately it got a good reception. I gotta wonder if he wasn't still a member of the team this morning and didn't play his first game back there until next year, if they would have given him that tribute? I'm gonna say probably not.

But everything about that trade just looks like something to forget right now. They lost Turris, they lost what's looking like an easy top-3 pick and they didn't even get to retain the player. It's not Duchene's fault, but if I were a Sens fan, I'd want to forget that trade ever happened.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The videos are nice. Mangement, Staff, team members, media crew, etc. have all been working with him for a year and a half. Its a way for them all to say their thanks and wish him luck.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
The videos are nice. Mangement, Staff, team members, media crew, etc. have all been working with him for a year and a half. Its a way for them all to say their thanks and wish him luck.

Then by that logic, if Stefan Noesen plays elsewhere next season, he'll warrant a video tribute, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad