Around the League 2018-19 IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Tribute vid was an awful idea
If they had a video like that on the Wild's first visit to the rock after Zach left I would have walked out of the arena.

Also, I tuned in to the game only after reading some of the banter here and must say that I think Kovy got it worse on his return to Newark.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If they had a video like that on the Wild's first visit to the rock after Zach left I would have walked out of the arena.

Also, I tuned in to the game only after reading some of the banter here and must say that I think Kovy got it worse on his return to Newark.
It was pretty bad first 10 minutes of the game if you missed it.

I wish I was able to catch all the chants. Some seemed very amusing. I only got "We don't need you" and "You're a Liar"

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County

I don't think so. I watched the entirety of both games and the Isles fans were on JT much worse, as they should. That wound is still very fresh. There was an @s$hole chant like 5 minutes into the game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That would be so stupid by ownership. Would show such a disconnect between them and the fans

That or they surrpetitiously wanted an excuse to get more boos for him lol

But yeah given Lou's a killjoy with this kind of stuff (he did an interview on WFAN where he honestly asked the fans to take the high road :thumbd:) he probably had transparent intentions with the video, which is enough of a disconnect.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
isles fans coordinated and managed to chant "when's your bedtime" and "nice pajamas"

say what you want about them, but their fanbase was pretty good at uniting in hateful 4-syllable chants throughout the night. was probably a hell of a lot of fun being an islanders fan there tonight

Good for Islanders fans - they've had to put up with enough crap the past few decades between terrible ownership, the arena issues and seeing a franchise player leave for nothing. I'm glad they kicked the crap out of Toronto last night and hope they do decent in the playoffs.

I'm actually starting to get excited for the playoffs - Boston/Toronto is going to be a hell of a series. I hate the NHL's playoff format, but not disappointed one of these teams will get booted in round 1.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
For us here on li you usually fall into 2 categories of teams. You're either Yankees, giants, rangers.... or you're mets, jets, islanders. (I'm mets jets devs). That's why the fanbases are so similar for mets and isles.

And in general most of us on LI (real li nassau and suffolk) hate the hipsters from Brooklyn

I think even hipsters in Brooklyn don't like hipsters from Brooklyn.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the people going to NHL games in Brooklyn aren't hipsters.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know our front office gets a lot of shit sometimes but at least they have never been as tone deaf to show a Parise or Kovy tribute video, that whole video tribute segment was ridiculous lol

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
209CD0EF-774A-49DB-B61B-F77492B59220.jpeg

NOOOOOOOOOO

CB3095B0-A984-4C51-97DB-CF91BBACCF81.gif

Reactions: Thrasymachus

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I know our front office gets a lot of **** sometimes but at least they have never been as tone deaf to show a Parise or Kovy tribute video, that whole video tribute segment was ridiculous lol

having the rangers be the team at home for fan appreciation night is right up there too. i get the nhl makes the schedules but i'm sure the devils would've had pull to change it

Shakir ONeal

Jimmy Hughes
Sep 21, 2017
lol wtf is the point of this now?!

Thank you Guy for your public service in beating the Rangers two years back and helping a young Nico.

We will be looking for a coach who excels as:
  • A teacher who will focus on the development and growth of each player on the team;
  • A listener who encourages feedback from players and the coaching staff;
  • A communicator who lets every team member know where they stand and what is expected;
  • A tactician who brings structure and game planning that will enhance our rebuild.
Looks like a job posting lol

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I know our front office gets a lot of **** sometimes but at least they have never been as tone deaf to show a Parise or Kovy tribute video, that whole video tribute segment was ridiculous lol

Seriously, that thing was like pouring salt and rubbing alcohol into an open wound. There was a point where I thought it was wrapping up, and then it went on a while longer and all I could do was laugh.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
having the rangers be the team at home for fan appreciation night is right up there too. i get the nhl makes the schedules but i'm sure the devils would've had pull to change it

At least this year they are doing fan appreciation night the game before against the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad