Around the League 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Apparently Calgary had a deal for Simmonds that Philly agreed to but Simmonds wouldn't waive to go to Calgary. Calgary ALSO had a deal for Zucker that was sent to the league but because of clerical issues or technicalities it wasn't approved.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Apparently Calgary had a deal for Simmonds that Philly agreed to but Simmonds wouldn't waive to go to Philly. Calgary ALSO had a deal for Zucker that was sent to the league but because of clerical issues or technicalities it wasn't approved.

I would hope Simmonds wouldn't waive to go to Philly...

:P

Reactions: NjDevsRR

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So I’m watching DAL play LV in Vegas. Yeah I know, I miss Lovejoy. Anyway there was a review of a DAL goal and the PA plays Help but by some group other than the Beatles. What gives? Do they have a millennial program director who thinks the Smithereens are the group that did that song originally? What is the world coming to?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So I’m watching DAL play LV in Vegas. Yeah I know, I miss Lovejoy. Anyway there was a review of a DAL goal and the PA plays Help but by some group other than the Beatles. What gives? Do they have a millennial program director who thinks the Smithereens are the group that did that song originally? What is the world coming to?
Liked for the Lovejoy mention.:laugh:

I hear a lot of cover versions of songs around the league. I don't even know the smithereens version.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Can anyone watching tonight’s PHI game confirm if the Flyers stole the orange jumpsuits from the prisoners picking up trash on the side of the highway to make these uniforms?

The prisoners that were normally on the side of the highway, were in fact playing ice hockey in orange jumpsuits last night :sarcasm:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Get off my lawn? :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

The NTCs - funny, because of how common they are, Hockey players are lower paid than basketball or baseball players, but seem to enjoy a degree a greater degree of autonomy, in deciding where they will play, than guys in those sports.

They aren’t good for the fans of smaller market teams. Horrible in fact. Liberal free agency isn’t good for those fans either. Good for the players. Not good for us.

I have little sympathy for these guys.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
The islanders absolutely deserve to boo Tavares, that's what sports are about. He not only chose another franchise to play with, but also said he did not want to be traded and said he only wanted to be an islander. Fans have a right to be mad, as he has a right to leave, but boos will be pouring down. Our fans were booing Parise this year haha I don't agree with that booing as it's been 6-7 years but still you have a right to boo guys.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The islanders absolutely deserve to boo Tavares, that's what sports are about. He not only chose another franchise to play with, but also said he did not want to be traded and said he only wanted to be an islander. Fans have a right to be mad, as he has a right to leave, but boos will be pouring down. Our fans were booing Parise this year haha I don't agree with that booing as it's been 6-7 years but still you have a right to boo guys.
It was so bad that *I* want to boo him, and I hate the Islanders.

He really strung them along and then screwed them.

Reactions: Bleedred

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Apparently Calgary had a deal for Simmonds that Philly agreed to but Simmonds wouldn't waive to go to Calgary. Calgary ALSO had a deal for Zucker that was sent to the league but because of clerical issues or technicalities it wasn't approved.

if that was the case then i wouldn't even have bothered to trade him. why give him a legit shot at a cup? for what? a 4th round pick? no thanks. keep him play him on the 4th line to force him to dress for games

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

This is lame.

i was going to say at first wow they are going to be giving him props and thanking him? then it took a turn and i was surprised. then they kinda reeled it back and it went meh. i wish that outside of threats and cursing and stuff like that they really let the fans voice their opinions on this.

btw is this being played at the game? because if so that would be tremendous and amazing! play it like its a thank you john he stands then it takes a dark turn and everyone bashes him. wow that would be epic!

not for anything islander fans either but when a ufa leaves a team and signs there will you be ok with that? i mean its a two way street and i'm pretty sure barzal won't be far behind JT.

also sidebar that was pretty epic that tavares said "the kid who won the calder" hahahaha wtf!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The main boards video with the spliced together interview clips is telling. He gives a canned answer over and over. He never truly commits to anything and clearly leaves the door open to leave. "I love it here and hope it works out" is not the same thing as "I'll sign a contract for $11 mil per". If NYI management chose to believe him in all this it's on them in my view. That said, JT should have been more candid with them. Tell them you want to see what else is out there and that you won't close the door on NYI but aren't sure what makes sense for your future. That's responsible and at that point NYI have to either trade him or hope for the best in an honest atmosphere. What he did strikes me as disingenuous. I don't think he knew he was leaving, but I think he knew he wasn't signing before July 1 specifically because he wanted to see what his options were.

Applying this to Hall, the signals are different. Sure, Hall gives general answers, but his agent has specifically said he doesn't foresee any problems with re-signing Hall. Given the timing with the year remaining, I'd expect it to get done. If the agent made general statements or had no comment I'd say it might be tougher. Sure, the agent could be blowing smoke, but right now, the team holds the cards for the upcoming season.

Reactions: vtdevils2k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad