Around the League 2018-19 IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just the fact he took less money to go to Toronto and posted that dopey pajama clip immediately after tells you his leaving and going there was a lot more premeditated than he let on.

If it weren’t a tri state area rival I’d be hoping for the team to troll him. But since it is the Isles I hope he gets a hat trick to troll them.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wait, so was that Dear John video from the Islanders? Or just a group of fans? Doesn't seem like something Lou would allow.

I do agree that it was kind of lame and the acting was really bad. Or I should say that it felt like ''Acting''. The younger and older woman, as well as the older guy were really fake. Seemed like they were trying to look they were about to cry. And the whole ''You could have gone from a good player to a great player'' was beyond cringey.

I'm not on JT's side here, but that video was pretty lame.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
We have 1 chant that's been in use for years and blows. They spent time having several different chants ready.

Good on them for that

They have a really passionate fanbase. Just like the Mets. That's kinda why I have a little bit of a soft spot for the Isles.

Their newer hipster fans are annoying as f*** though.

Reactions: OmNomNom

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
They have a really passionate fanbase. Just like the Mets. That's kinda why I have a little bit of a soft spot for the Isles.

Their newer hipster fans are annoying as **** though.

For us here on li you usually fall into 2 categories of teams. You're either Yankees, giants, rangers.... or you're mets, jets, islanders. (I'm mets jets devs). That's why the fanbases are so similar for mets and isles.

And in general most of us on LI (real li nassau and suffolk) hate the hipsters from Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad