Around the League 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Montour is a solid D.

Him, Dahlin, McCabe, Ristolainen form a nice young defensive core. Rumors though they may now move Ristolainen.

They can finally jettison Scandella.

Reactions: sabremike

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Montour is a solid D.

Him, Dahlin, McCabe, Ristolainen form a nice young defensive core. Rumors though they may now move Ristolainen.

They can finally jettison Scandella.

Oh god if Shero can somehow acquire Ristolainen that would be awesome.

Maybe something around Severson if they want a shake-up.

Reactions: mdj12784

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

They have Bogosian who now is a third pair guy really. I’d absolutely take Risto on this team. Tremendous nickname and I really like the player too.

I wonder if they’re looking to move Risto for a C/W.

Reactions: mdj12784

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

rather have severson.

they're basically the same age (2 months apart). People pick Severson apart here for being -19 on a -31 team whereas Risto is -22 on a -13 team. Not that I care for +/- but advanced stats bear in favor to Severson too. Seems lateral at best and Sabres would be winning the deal in my eyes.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still can't believe that frigging playoff run was less than TWO YEARS ago. We'll be thanking Guy Boucher for his services too after he gets future endeavored this offseason.
6F43E2BE-E728-4415-BD67-E4802B159F52.jpeg

Future look bleak for me as NHL head coach but I know I can help restore structure and good defensive hockey in New Jersey with 1-3-1 if Shero can give chance. How does John Hynes still have employment? I’d love to work in New Jersey with good hockey people like Rick Kowalsky and Alain Nasresddine. We’ll make conference final next year. We always do in my first year!

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
View attachment 191467
Future look bleak for me as NHL head coach but I know I can help restore structure and good defensive hockey in New Jersey with 1-3-1 if Shero can give chance. How does John Hynes still have employment? I’d love to work in New Jersey with good hockey people like Rick Kowalsky and Alain Nasresddine. We’ll make conference final next year. We always do in my first year!

I read this whole thing in his french accent. Perfect :laugh:

Reactions: Bleedred

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Surprised to see them move Montour, thought management was pretty high on him actually

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Surprised to see them move Montour, thought management was pretty high on him actually

Unless they’re enamored with Guhle, doesn’t make a lot of sense on its surface. I don’t see a ton of hockey sense for making it on face value here for the Ducks given the 1st will be later in the round.

Montour has some defensive shortcomings but he’s not a sieve and his offensive instincts and play and consistency in pushing the puck have positive value.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I read this whole thing in his french accent. Perfect :laugh:
When I first started doing my Guy thing, I didn't realize he didn't have that thick of an accent. I hadn't heard him talk very much before that. He doesn't really sound like Patrick Roy or Luc Robitaille or Bob Hartley or even Jacques Lemaire, as much as I depict him to.

But I just kept rolling with it anyway, after I realized he didn't. :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad