Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The trade gives me hope for finding a trade partner for Laine that doesn't have negative value to the CBJ/

Reactions: Fred Glover

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Some extremely vindictive still-bitter-after-12-years part of me is actually hoping PLD plays well for the Caps, because then there will finally be a useful direct experienced example to certain holdouts in that fanbase who might be convinced that we were bullshitting when talking about how The Former #7 did us dirty.

The rest of me is trying to remind myself that 1) the Caps are in-division so f*** that and 2) the number of such holdouts remaining is probably all of one or two.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Sitting Bob with only a max 2 games left in the season in favor of Anthony Stolarz when trying to win the cup would be the dumbest move ever by Florida and they would deserve to lose.

As the saying goes, “dance with who brought ya”
I often think over loyalty is actually what sinks some too many teams.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
So you'd bench a 2 time Vezina winner and finalist this season because they lost 2 games in a row and he might be a bit tired?
His vezinas were a long time ago. He was mediocre through his florida contract. marc andre fleurry had been benched multitudes of times and it occasionally worked out. Benching crawford for darling gave chicago a boost one cup run. Benching hasek for osgood got detroit a cup before. And hasek was a much greater legend than bob.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
His vezinas were a long time ago. He was mediocre through his florida contract. marc andre fleurry had been benched multitudes of times and it occasionally worked out. Benching crawford for darling gave chicago a boost one cup run. Benching hasek for osgood got detroit a cup before. And hasek was a much greater legend than bob.
But Hasek never played in the NHL again after that season and was not a Vezina finalist that season. Additionally, he was replaced in game 4 of the quarterfinals. Not with 1 game left to win in the Stanley Cup finals.

Stolarz didn't exactly inspire confidence in relief after Bob was pulled in game 4.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
“Competitive” as in playoff bubble team. Not cup or anything like that.

They finished 8th this year by default. Pretty easy to see NJ and Buffalo passing them this coming season.

Their only (?) goalie right now is Charlie Lindgren.
Ovechkin turns 39 (!!) before the season starts and has obviously slowed down.
Oshie is 37.
Backstrom is LTIRetired.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They finished 8th this year by default. Pretty easy to see NJ and Buffalo passing them this coming season.

Their only (?) goalie right now is Charlie Lindgren.
Ovechkin turns 39 (!!) before the season starts and has obviously slowed down.
Oshie is 37.
Backstrom is LTIRetired.
Even if NJ, Buffalo, and potentially Ottawa all pass them, which I agree with, that doesn’t mean they’re still not on the playoff bubble

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Really don’t think he’s at fault for any of the goals tonight.

Game 5? Yeah. Not tonight
Yeah forget what I said a few days ago saying Bob was tired... it's the whole team that's tired(well, except Barkov heh).

I'm really surprised, Florida has been so composed for the whole playoffs. I knew Oiler's speed was gonna give them some trouble but I figured it was settled when Panthers went up 3-0.

Reactions: CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad