GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I hate that I'm starting to believe in Demidov at 5
200w.gif

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
But per reports and from teammates, michkov also had big attitude issues. Demidov seems to be the type of player that HuGo would love to have in the room
Yes, they could pick Demidov for that reason. Or they pick another player thinking he could be a safer pick or they really like that player ; his floor and ceiling. There is so many questions marks with this draft. I hope there's no Zadina 2.0 in the top ten, lol.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes, they could pick Demidov for that reason. Or they pick another player thinking he could be a safer pick or they really like that player ; his floor and ceiling. There is so many questions marks with this draft. I hope there's no Zadina 2.0 in the top ten, lol.

There was but he dropped out (Eiserman).

My guessed on who goes top 10 that could disappoint are Silayev (never develops offense), Buium (average athleticism and size impedes him from being more than a 2nd pair D), Parekh (anchors a pp1 but defense never comes around to be top pair) and Iginla becomes a Debrusk level guy.

• Wow
Reactions: A Loyal DEMIGOD

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
I'm assuming habs really wants demidov. I doubt he falls to 5. Lindstrom was in the same tier but with the back injury, may have some concerns about him.

I feel if we go BPA, it will be a defenseman afterwards, Dickinson/Buium/Levshunov.

With names all over the place, it will be must-see hockey tv to see what happens. Can't wait for the show and wish everyone a good time for this year's draft. :thumbu:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
View attachment 887922

Does it count as as a meeting if Eiserman is asking but also answering his own questions?

Both Engels and Basu get the sense the Habs want to use this pick to trade up into the teens. Eiserman is definitely a guy with a fall risk. I mean I don't want him at the 5 spot but if you get him in the teens after getting Lindstrom/Demidov. You are sitting pretty and that Calgary/Florida pick becomes the trade asset.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Both Engels and Basu get the sense the Habs want to use this pick to trade up into the teens. Eiserman is definitely a guy with a fall risk. I mean I don't want him at the 5 spot but if you get him in the teens after getting Lindstrom/Demidov. You are sitting pretty and that Calgary/Florida pick becomes the trade asset.

If you can pick up a guy like Eiserman in the mid teens, you do it. The risk is obviously less than picking him at 5, but the reward can be huge.

This message is Cole Eiserman approved.

1719485875485.png
1719485917368.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Demidov, Lindstrom, or Eiserman indicates to me that if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, we trade down

If you can pick up a guy like Eiserman in the mid teens, you do it. The risk is obviously less than picking him at 5, but the reward can be huge.

This message is Cole Eiserman approved.

View attachment 887927 View attachment 887928

Two of my targets from about 2 months ago were Eiserman and Iggy. Two of the youngest in the draft and both have solid weight at a young age. Two of the best shots in this draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lmao how did you infer that

they may be meeting with those 3 but may also be meeting with other players...

Well, I was only speaking to that post of them meeting with Lindstrom, Demidov, and Eiserman. There is a gap between Eiserman and the other two.

I do think we are considering to trade down if our targets are off the board when we pick at 5. There is lots to like with Iggy, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke and if they feel the D will be top 4 vs top pairing, they can add another asset by moving down and getting our target after Demidov/Lindstrom.

Eiserman would be a great consolation prize. I love his floor and his ceiling. He comes across as a bit of an oddball in his interviews, but he'd add some much needed scoring to our top 6 and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's viewed as a top 3 guy from this draft in a few years.

Loves to shoot the puck like Ovi. Got good size/weight and is also one of the youngest like Iggy in this draft. I really do like the young age and solid size/weight factors.... combined with the NHL shot and goal scoring ability for both Iggy and Eiserman.

Very strange how Eiserman was ranked top 3 heading into the year and had a great season but slipped in the draft rankings. He could be a sleeper pick for sure

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, I was only speaking to that post of them meeting with Lindstrom, Demidov, and Eiserman. There is a gap between Eiserman and the other two.

I do think we are considering to trade down if our targets are off the board when we pick at 5. There is lots to like with Iggy, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke and if they feel the D will be top 4 vs top pairing, they can add another asset by moving down and getting our target after Demidov/Lindstrom.

Loves to shoot the puck like Ovi. Got good size/weight and is also one of the youngest like Iggy in this draft.

Very strange how he was ranked top 3 heading into the year and had a great season but slipped in the draft rankings. He could be a sleeper pick for sure
Or we could be looking to trade up with that 26th pick…

This will be our last chance in a while to pick so high, don’t think we are trading down, we have enough draft pick and prospect capital to make this happen.

A Demidov and Eiserman haul would be epic imho

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What would make me the most happiest if Demidov is not on the board at 5?

1) Habs trade down with the Flames and add the Canucks pick.

2) Habs use the Jets 1st and Canucks 1st combined with another player to get the 10th pick from the Devils. Bet you the Devils still like Anderson and we can offer 50% retention.

Habs end up with the 9th and 10th picks. 2 players from this list:
* Lindstrom if he slips
* Iggy if the Flames don't take him but probably will
* Buium
* Parekh
* Catton
* Eiserman
* Sennecke
* Helenius

Last edited:
Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat
Status