Speculation: Armchair GM - Offseason Thread (Summer Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Where is the Babcock prefers LH-RH on D coming from??

I think with how our D is built you have to focus on the “fit” of the defensemen themselves and how many minutes they should be getting.

I think Werenski/Boqvist are both extremely good with the puck/offensively, and even though Boqvist (and well unfortunately somewhat Werenski himself also) is prone to blue line giveaways, I don’t think they’d be impacted much playing on the off side.

Provorov-Werenski
Bean-Severson
Boqvist/Blankenburg-Gudbranson/Jiricek
While I can’t find the article where I also saw Babcock talking about it, I do recall him making the point about wanting LH/RH combo pairings. Whether this holds true today I certainly don’t know. I guess we’ll see.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
So with Kuznetsov officially requesting a trade (thread), would we be interested in a Roslovic for Kuznetsov 50% retained swap? I feel like there's been a shift in our expectations for cost after all these recent signings and it's worth a new mini discussion. No clue what WSH is looking for but his value in this cap world isn't great. Could be a sort-of hockey trade I'd be interested in, both getting a change of scenery. It would 'cap off' the dubious off-season moves of Dark Jarmo for me, I guess. :D

I don't think we really need to make any moves anymore (better see how the chips fall and what we have) but if we have to make a move, maybe that would be interesting.

Reactions: pete goegan

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So with Kuznetsov officially requesting a trade (thread), would we be interested in a Roslovic for Kuznetsov 50% retained swap? I feel like there's been a shift in our expectations for cost after all these recent signings and it's worth a new mini discussion. No clue what WSH is looking for but his value in this cap world isn't great. Could be a sort-of hockey trade I'd be interested in, both getting a change of scenery. It would 'cap off' the dubious off-season moves of Dark Jarmo for me, I guess. :D

I don't think we really need to make any moves anymore (better see how the chips fall and what we have) but if we have to make a move, maybe that would be interesting.
I think Kuznetsov is the last thing we need. 3/4 of the season skating like mannequins on a pond, word defense doesn't ring a bell, play without puck too. Roslovic would try ať least. Besides we don't know maybe Babs helps him

Reactions: thebus88

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Sure, why not. Might as well go all in and trade for the powder nose too. Can't imagine he'd cost very much after 55 point season with 7.8x2 deal

Maybe they could then swap out Pride Nights for Crack Nights to please the new players

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

I would do that deal. But I’m not adding any picks.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Locker room is pretty damm important and I wouldn’t add a player like Kuz into this mix anymore

I’d much, much rather be in So Cal in July than south Florida, but maybe they just want to get away from their in-season home and break things up.

Can’t really say about that but lot of players live and train there in the offseasons

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Kuznetsov is the last thing we need. 3/4 of the season skating like mannequins on a pond, word defense doesn't ring a bell, play without puck too. Roslovic would try ať least. Besides we don't know maybe Babs helps him
I actually think this is part of why he hasn't been traded yet. We don't know if Babs can wakeup guys like Roslovic or even a guy like Bemstrom. Sometimes it just takes the right voice in your head to get you kick started and maybe that overly player friendly coach did them more harm than good.

Reactions: VT

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I actually think this is part of why he hasn't been traded yet. We don't know if Babs can wakeup guys like Roslovic or even a guy like Bemstrom. Sometimes it just takes the right voice in your head to get you kick started and maybe that overly player friendly coach did them more harm than good.
I feel like Roslovic is going to have a good year to earn another chance and then just go back to the same old Roslovic in the future. That is my fear with him

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I feel like Roslovic is going to have a good year to earn another chance and then just go back to the same old Roslovic in the future. That is my fear with him
He can have a career year as long as he parlays that into signing with someone else for more than he's worth next season.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I hope, if he sticks, he has a great year but CBJ moves him at the deadline. I've always been a supporter and like him for his skillset but I can't buy into him as a long term option on this team. There is simply too much inconsistency for me to think he's a long term solution.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
My issue is that I don't know what he is. Not enough offesinve talent for top 6, not enough defensive talent or motor for bottom 6.

He feels like one of these players who join NHL as european league mvp, but leave after a year. Mikko Lehtonen for example. Difference being that Roslovic is 1st round pick from US, so he'll get a lot more opportunities and wont leave to EU as soon as the door opens

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I hope, if he sticks, he has a great year but CBJ moves him at the deadline. I've always been a supporter and like him for his skillset but I can't buy into him as a long term option on this team. There is simply too much inconsistency for me to think he's a long term solution.
Maybe he can finally admit he isnt a center and it would be better for everyone. 3rd line of Texier-Fantilli-Roslovic could be alright. Or if they want Fantilli in the top 6 Texier-Sillinger/Voronkov/Danforth-Roslovic could maybe be another option

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Maybe he can finally admit he isnt a center and it would be better for everyone. 3rd line of Texier-Fantilli-Roslovic could be alright. Or if they want Fantilli in the top 6 Texier-Sillinger/Voronkov/Danforth-Roslovic could maybe be another option
Texier played excellent center in the Domi -- Texier -- Bemstrom and especially Jenner -- Texier -- Foligno lines. Conversely, he failed with Voráček and Laine. He isn't probably a TOP 6 center.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

People complain about Roslovic in the bottom six, and I do agree that he is overpaid for what he brings, but there is a lot of value in having scorers in your bottom six. He's often scored at high per minute rates.

I'd consider putting him with Kuraly and one of his wingers. The Robinson-Kuraly-Olivier trio needs help finishing, they were good enough to get the puck out of our zone but they still got badly outscored because they shot at a miserable 5% success rate. I would also like to see a Robinson-Kuraly-Texier reunion but I want Texier's help on all the other lines!

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Listen no offense to Roslovic - he has the skill but doesn’t have the brain (hockey sense) to play center. That is why he makes all the boneheaded plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad