Speculation: Arizona only has 5 players signed for next season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Lucic might end up in Arizona next year since he is only owed 1M after the signing bonus but I get the feeling all that money tied up is protecting us from another Treliving UFA disaster.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I'd love to get my hands on one of Arizona's seconds. They probably dont want to take on more term though before they get more clarity with where theyre going to play.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
No. That's not what I meant... Or said.

Not even close actually.

Read between the lines guy;

A) Lease has been cancelled in Glendale. Will not be renewed. They're homeless as of June '22.
B) Coyotes requested to be moved to central division even though it makes their in-division road start times an hour later and effects ratings negatively.
C) HOU has been on NHL radar for decades, has a building & the population to actually support a gate driven league.

Until the new complex in Tempe is passed, It's foolishly optimistic to think this team is playing in Arizona long term. Footprint is a no-go, ASU's current arena & the Tucson CC are way to small for more than an emergency venue - Even if they got their wish to build a in Tempe, which is FAR from a done deal, it will take years.

Envisioning the Yotes playing elsewhere is far from ridiculous.

Wow, that happened even faster than expected... Off to greener pastures.

Bring on the #HoustonCoyotes...

Coyotes could be locked out of home arena by City of Glendale for unpaid arena charges, delinquent tax bills

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Chayka would’ve made a fine AGM someplace with an experienced and very strong willed GM to report to. But that’s not what happened. And he was an absolute catastrophe of a GM in Arizona.

He seemed like he made some pretty good moves early on during the rebuilding phase, but once he had to ice a competitive roster he had no idea how to do it.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'd love to get my hands on one of Arizona's seconds. They probably dont want to take on more term though before they get more clarity with where theyre going to play.
Sure, give us your 2022 1st and a short term contract you want get rid of with <$2m in real dollars owed (Kampf? Ritchie partially retained?) and we’ll give you a mid 2nd.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Sure, give us your 2022 1st and a short term contract you want get rid of with <$2m in real dollars owed (Kampf? Ritchie partially retained?) and we’ll give you a mid 2nd.
No interest in trading Kampf. He's the best 3rd line center we've had in a long time. He's only making 1.5 a year anyway, I'm not sure why he would need to be "dumped"

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Zucker for Kessel
Kessel @ 50% for Zucker and PIT 22 2nd.

I would say your third but you've already traded it away. Might be a little steep for your likings so I'd be willing to include a depth piece from the Coyotes, I'm just not sure what you guys need otherwise.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Curious how the team will look moving forward, but the core is pretty good (Vejmelka's been a surprise, Chychrun's capable, Ghost can still contribute, and Keller/ Crouse are good, young wingers with skill). Admittedly I don't know how much Schmaltz is in your guys' plans given how this season has gone but he's young and has shown scoring potential (still 0.6 points/ game scorer despite this season), and Hayton should factor in too seeing how the team picked him early (ahead of Quinn Hughes if I recall correctly). Kessel should get a 1st + and Beagle/ Roussel could be another late pick for a playoff team. If the team makes good signings on RD and depth-wise or integrate some rookies the team could rebound pretty quickly.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Why is this a bad thing? They have an empty canvas. They can build a strong team rooted with young players (they have up to EIGHT picks in first two rounds of the next draft to stack the cupboards); they got the cap space to sign some decent NHL talent in free agency. This is a GM's dream; the most important thing is to draft well.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Closed. If you want to propose AZ trades or FA signings then start a new thread. If you want to discuss AZ the franchise there are threads on the NHL forum and BoH forum to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad