Speculation: Arizona only has 5 players signed for next season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Yep. The worst kept secret that literally zero insiders are talking about at all. Do you mean it’s the worst kept secret inside of your own brain where you made it up?

They traded for Phil Kessel and Taylor Hall like two years ago. Is this your first season following the NHL? If so, welcome! You’re going to enjoy it and learn a lot. If not, then you have incredibly impressive typing skills for a goldfish. However do you get those delicate fins to be rigid enough to tap the keys?

It wouldn’t be more apt, actually. What you just said doesn’t make any sense.

I hope you're not this ignorant in real life. Face it, the Coyotes are a mess, and nothing points to them correcting it any time soon. I have family in Scotsdale, Coyotes are my second favorite team, but it will take a ton of good luck for them to succeed.

Reactions: ManByng

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I hope you're not this ignorant in real life. Face it, the Coyotes are a mess, and nothing points to them correcting it any time soon. I have family in Scotsdale, Coyotes are my second favorite team, but it will take a ton of good luck for them to succeed.
Address a specific point. Ad hominem speaks to your own ignorance, rather than mine. Most literate people understand that.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He starts attacking posters because apparently the coyotes are doing the right thing by rebuilding and praying for magic beans for another 5 years instilling an even stronger culture of mediocrity instead of trying to compete like the rest of the league

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He starts attacking posters because apparently the coyotes are doing the right thing by rebuilding and praying for magic beans for another 5 years instilling an even stronger culture of mediocrity instead of trying to compete like the rest of the league

lol like Buffalo? Did everyone forget that they were supposed to be fighting for last place with Arizona? What was Seattle's plan with their expansion picks? Detroit didn’t dismantle as heavily but they did.

He was attacking posters, or he was giving what he was getting from those posters??

This isn’t the first team to dismantle and rebuild. Yeah, they’re team history is shaky (and there’s definitely lots of revisionist history in this thread), but it’s also a brand new owner with deep pockets, a GM with a plan, and new staff across the board. I get that it’s not easy to give benefit here, but the Panthers got new owners (after taking some time and learning a few lessons, which they did) and a new GM and they’re finally looking like a top team. And that’s after nearly two decades of terrible ownership.

how is a clean slate, tons of picks, no bad contracts, a new staff and a GM with a plan just magic beans, hoping for good luck, etc?

Reactions: Heldig

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You should pay a little closer attention for a little while longer before posting. It’s getting to be pretty embarrassing even to read these takes, man. The clear lack of the most basic understanding of even the most basic fundamentals. Sets my teeth on edge. And my best attacks keep getting deleted. So you really have no idea. :)

EDIT: if you’re a kid or a new fan or something then I’m sorry. I’m just assuming you’re an adult who’s pays close enough attention to be using a forum like this regularly. I could be wrong about that. If so, I’m the jerk.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This website is obsessed with draft picks, but having a plethora of young players means nothing if there is no culture for them to come to. Almost as important as drafting is development. You're going to have a really beaten down Chychrun and possibly Crouse and then who?

So you will have a bunch of 18 year olds coming in who you are hoping will build their own culture.

Also, even if you bottom out, the odds are far greater that you pick 4th than 1st so thinking you will have Michkov, Bedard, or Wright is possible, but banking on it is wishful thinking.

I think the 'Yotes only chance is for Matthews to sign there when he is a UFA. If that doesn't happen and they are still spinning their wheels they will probably move. I think they probably should move, but I take no glee in that, I think it's tremendously cruel to wish for fans to lose their favourite team.

Like you said, draft picks don't mean a hell of a lot, and even if they are a franchise player or players they do not guarantee you success. Look no farther than Edmonton, Buffalo, TO and even Colorado to name a few. It' hard to win in the NHL. I do like what BA has done off ice as he has hired experienced successful scouts and other experienced successful people in various areas of the organization. That should give us a fighting chance at good drafting and development so we can create that winning culture. Stop with the team moving BS will ya. You don't know what you are talking about. The team is NOT moving

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You guys said a whole lot of high praises for that Chayka dude too…
Yes we sure did, some saying a top 5 GM, but in all honestly many called Chayka a wiz kid. The mistake AZ made with Chayka was not having someone above him to reign him in a bit. Chayka thought he was the smartest man in the room. I still think he would be an excellent addition to an organization that has experience people to keep him under control.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So moves I see teams offering to move salary to Arizona in the offseason, maybe later this season if desperate enough.

Vegas - Dadonov + Rangers 2022 3rd for future considerations. Could see Arizona then retain 50% and trying to get a 2023 2nd from someone for him.
Montreal - Byron + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Chicago - Connolly + Vegas 2022 3rd for future considerations.
Washington - Hagelin + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Toronto - Ritchie + Dermott + 3rd + 5th for future considerations. If Toronto wants to pay Cambell big and move Mrazek I can Arizona being interested if he would waive.
Philadelphia - JVR + 2022 1st for Dadonov 50% retained + Philly 2022 2nd. Get a direct replacement for 3.5M less.
Florida - Hornqvist + 2023 2nd for future considerations.
Calgary - Lucic + 2022 2nd for future considerations.
Minnesota - Fiala for Hagelin + latest 2022 1st.

Resign Crouse 6 x 5, sign Fiala 6 x 6, resign Dzingel and Boyd.

Fiala - Hayton - Keller
Crouse - Schmaltz - JVR
Dzingel - Janik - Hornqvist
Lucic - Boyd - Ritchie
Fischer/Connolly

Chychrun - Mayo
Gostisbehere - Soderstrom
Dermott - Timmins
Copobianco

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
If the Coyotes actually find some magic beans in the draft will they really flip a switch and suddenly start trying? They may find out it takes more than simply a few top players as witnessed with Edmonton, Toronto & Buffalo's long failure.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
So moves I see teams offering to move salary to Arizona in the offseason, maybe later this season if desperate enough.

Vegas - Dadonov + Rangers 2022 3rd for future considerations. Could see Arizona then retain 50% and trying to get a 2023 2nd from someone for him.
Montreal - Byron + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Chicago - Connolly + Vegas 2022 3rd for future considerations.
Washington - Hagelin + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Toronto - Ritchie + Dermott + 3rd + 5th for future considerations. If Toronto wants to pay Cambell big and move Mrazek I can Arizona being interested if he would waive.
Philadelphia - JVR + 2022 1st for Dadonov 50% retained + Philly 2022 2nd. Get a direct replacement for 3.5M less.
Florida - Hornqvist + 2023 2nd for future considerations.
Calgary - Lucic + 2022 2nd for future considerations.
Minnesota - Fiala for Hagelin + latest 2022 1st.

Resign Crouse 6 x 5, sign Fiala 6 x 6, resign Dzingel and Boyd.

Fiala - Hayton - Keller
Crouse - Schmaltz - JVR
Dzingel - Janik - Hornqvist
Lucic - Boyd - Ritchie
Fischer/Connolly

Chychrun - Mayo
Gostisbehere - Soderstrom
Dermott - Timmins
Copobianco
I can see Toronto moving Ritchie. It'll be interesting what Hayton will sign for. I anticipate a bridge deal, but who knows?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They have changed scouting, coaching and management many times in their history, and every single time they have done what I have pointed out they did, but type bigger hoping to prove your "point". I think it is you who isn't reading, and just getting upset that the team is called out, for what it is. They have drafted a lot of young guys in their history and every single time they didn't do what they needed to get somewhere. This is 100% no different than the last time they rebuilt which was like 5 years ago. Doesn't matter if they have a few more picks than the last time they rebuilt, the process is still the same. The only way it changes is if management proves they will change it, and to date they haven't. Also, this isn't an insult to you, but to a franchise that has been protected by the league more than any other franchise in league history. Lots of other teams have done poorly in records, finances and attendance and the league said good bye relatively quickly, but this team keeps getting saved for some reason.
The Coyotes deserve to be called out, but in their defense this is the FIRST time in twenty years they have stable ownership. Having said that, I would have not hired BA or coach AT. I wanted a experienced, successful person in both positions. I do like what BA has done off ice hiring those experience, successful people at their positions. Time will tell if he succeeds.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, but Arizona hasn't really had any worse a time scouting than anyone else. Every team has major misses. ARI's issue is with keeping their stars or good players, and then adding to it, cause the owners didn't want to spend the money.
We didn't have owners with money. When the NHL owned the team we had to run the team with nickels when everyone else had dollars. You, like most out of town posters really don't have a clue what you are talking about, you just believe what you read.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the coyotes still be in the desert is a joke

bettman refuses to admit the team has failed being in that location

the team needs to relocate

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
lol like Buffalo? Did everyone forget that they were supposed to be fighting for last place with Arizona? What was Seattle's plan with their expansion picks? Detroit didn’t dismantle as heavily but they did.

He was attacking posters, or he was giving what he was getting from those posters??

This isn’t the first team to dismantle and rebuild. Yeah, they’re team history is shaky (and there’s definitely lots of revisionist history in this thread), but it’s also a brand new owner with deep pockets, a GM with a plan, and new staff across the board. I get that it’s not easy to give benefit here, but the Panthers got new owners (after taking some time and learning a few lessons, which they did) and a new GM and they’re finally looking like a top team. And that’s after nearly two decades of terrible ownership.

how is a clean slate, tons of picks, no bad contracts, a new staff and a GM with a plan just magic beans, hoping for good luck, etc?
Good post.

Reactions: Laus723

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
the coyotes still be in the desert is a joke

bettman refuses to admit the team has failed being in that location

the team needs to relocate

Ah, yes. Lets move them to the frozen desert of Québec where they know all about how to retain a team.

Reactions: Laus723

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Ah, yes. Lets move them to the frozen desert of Québec where they know all about how to retain a team.
Au contraire - as we used to say in the Alberta oil patch. I lived in Quebec City - it's a great winter city and perfect for an NHL hockey franchise. A lot has changed since the Nords left to become the Rockies 2.0 and the new team will do fine in the present day.

It's just too bad NHL leaders are so obsessed with southern deserts and trashing potentially lucrative markets.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Hahah. Tell me you became a Hawks fan after 2007 without telling me you became a Hawks fan after 2007. :facepalm:
been a hawks, saints, trialblazer and brewers fan ever since I was 6 when I hose all my favorite teams by uniforms and that was the begining of being a lifelong fan

face facts the coyotes are a failure in arizona, you dont have to like that fact you just have to open your eyes and mind and access your common sense...

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
been a hawks, saints, trialblazer and brewers fan ever since I was 6 when I hose all my favorite teams by uniforms and that was the begining of being a lifelong fan

face facts the coyotes are a failure in arizona, you dont have to like that fact you just have to open your eyes and mind and access your common sense...
I’m sorry, I can only read English.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Would like to see them moved to KC, but Houston is the more likely destination. Either way, will be nice when they finally move that team out of that nothing market… and after Bettman finally achieved balanced divisions and conferences, there is zero chance the team moves out of the Central, so Quebec is out of luck

Reactions: Mike Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad