Speculation: Arizona only has 5 players signed for next season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Accessing common sense you were born with does not involve linguistics
Can you try to make an actual point? Or is this really the best you can do? You’ve used so many words (and so little punctuation) to say absolutely nothing. It’s like you’re a bot, only bots are typically much more coherent.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Can you try to make an actual point? Or is this really the best you can do? You’ve used so many words (and so little punctuation) to say absolutely nothing. It’s like you’re a bot, only bots are typically much more coherent.
He sounds like Yoda to me. I like you rt and know you’re under siege here but you have to admit the skepticism around The Yotes latest adventure and whether it will be a perpetual cycle or they’ll be able to take a rebuild past stage 1. Having Hall and Kessel for 2 years is not a sutainable hockey business model to build a valid organizational foundation, it’s a band aid for a gun shot wound. You know this and please continue to provide the board with the skinny on the Yotes and ignore the pile oners.

Reactions: Laus723

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It's been pretty much what they've been doing. Taken on LTIR players for futures.

Trading OEL out for a bunch of dead weight players to fill the roster out capwise and salary wise.

I just find they have been ridiculous for awhile down there. Direction never seems to be priority 1. They can tell that to the media and such. This guys have been in a boat with 1 paddle circling. Now possibly sinking.

Like I've said I've watched them since I was a kid I always wanted to see them succeed. They just never seem to ever show signs they are going back to the old days trying to make deep playoff runs.

Like they acquired Hall. I thought that was going to help and they faltered down the stretch. Losing picks and stuff and I know it's not on the players that's just management and their stupidity with the cap they pulled.

This year looks like they are taking a huge step back rather than staying even middle of the pack.

I don't know it's in shambles. I hope for them to rebound.
Clinging to the middle of the pack is exactly what you do not want to do.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
He sounds like Yoda to me. I like you rt and know you’re under siege here but you have to admit the skepticism around The Yotes latest adventure and whether it will be a perpetual cycle or they’ll be able to take a rebuild past stage 1. Having Hall and Kessel for 2 years is not a sutainable hockey business model to build a valid organizational foundation, it’s a band aid for a gun shot wound. You know this and please continue to provide the board with the skinny on the Yotes and ignore the pile oners.
John Chayka was a terrible GM. You won't find me defending him. That's not what I'm doing.

Also, I've watched at least 90% of every Coyotes game ever played since 1996. Well over 1,700 games. I've read at least 3/4s of every article ever written about the team over the last quarter of a century. Over the last seventeen years, I have posted about the Coyotes on this website over 75,000 times. Suffice it to say, I've paid pretty close attention. Nobody in this thread is going to tell me something I don't already know. I'm well-aware of what's failed in the past and what's different about the present. I think I listed that out pretty explicitly already in this thread. I can't help it if no one is willing to read it.

The pile-onners I'm engaging with here, so far, have been borderline illiterate booger eaters. So, I'm not too worried about it. The next time a person in this thread intelligently expresses an actual point concerning the certain doom of the Coyotes, it will be the first time.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Would like to see them moved to KC, but Houston is the more likely destination. Either way, will be nice when they finally move that team out of that nothing market… and after Bettman finally achieved balanced divisions and conferences, there is zero chance the team moves out of the Central, so Quebec is out of luck
Quebec's is never getting a team anyway and it's sad. The league just plays with them like a cat with a dead mouse and it's tough to watch.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Would like to see them moved to KC, but Houston is the more likely destination. Either way, will be nice when they finally move that team out of that nothing market… and after Bettman finally achieved balanced divisions and conferences, there is zero chance the team moves out of the Central, so Quebec is out of luck

yeah, they’re staying put in Arizona. The market isn’t nothing and the team finally has an owner willing to do what it takes to make the team competitive.

Reactions: YotesFan47

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
That nothing market that has all 4 professional sports teams, they ain’t going anywhere.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
You talking about the same Barrett Hayton? The guy with 10 points in 47 career games getting 3M?
Yes - the guy drafted 5 OA who is finally getting a shot with a new head coach. The 21 year old who is playing 1 or 2 C, killing it in the faceoff circle and winning lots of puck battles. The guy who still has lots to prove, but is trending in the right direction under the new regime. If the Yotes don't win the Shane Wright sweepstakes, the price only goes up.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes - the guy drafted 5 OA who is finally getting a shot with a new head coach. The 21 year old who is playing 1 or 2 C, killing it in the faceoff circle and winning lots of puck battles. The guy who still has lots to prove, but is trending in the right direction under the new regime. If the Yotes don't win the Shane Wright sweepstakes, the price only goes up.

He's playing 1 or 2C because of how bad the C depth is in Arizona. On most teams he'd still be in the AHL working on his game. Winning faceoffs isn't going to get him 3M a year. He needs to put points on the board to get that kind of bridge. Show me a comparable to what you think he'll get.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That nothing market that has all 4 professional sports teams, they ain’t going anywhere.

I'd like to add to your point, I hope you don't mind.

Maybe a little known fact but Phoenix is now the 5th largest city by population in the USA, passing Philadelphia this year. Here's a quick snippet from Forbes on the states GDP growth.

5. Arizona
The Arizona economy is the 19th biggest in the U.S., based on 2020 annual real GDP by state, with an average GDP of roughly $320.66 billion that year. That’s up a remarkable 54.3% since 2000, when annual Arizona GDP that year stood at roughly $207.77 billion. The Covid-19 pandemic gave Arizona a bit of trouble, but the state’s GDP only fell 0.9%, from about $332.59 billion in 2019, down to $320.66 billion in 2020. Currently, Arizona’s GDP has reached a historic high of $334.03 billion in Q1 2021.

Here's a fun graph for people to look over.

upload_2021-11-23_9-24-19.png

Crappy team, crappy market. No chance that our crap market could support an NHL team, not with that growth over 20 of the teams 25 year history. That GDP and population growth over 20 years are garbage numbers.

We are also not seeing growth in our programs, most notably, ASU. We also moved an AHL team to the 2nd largest metro in the state, Tucson. What a bunch of idiots that don't understand that Arizona is a bad hockey market. Why in the world would someone move a team to a thriving state? Super dumb.

Do I need to go find more evidence to support the notion that building a perennial playoff team here is a bad idea?

We stay the course laid out by the ownership and management teams and we have a good chance at success. We have insane budget for next year to keep building with. This team is in the best position it has been in since our Cinderella run.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
How is Arizona’s arena situation looking? Are they getting the new arena in Tempe, if not does that spell the end of the Coyotes in Arizona?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
How is Arizona’s arena situation looking? Are they getting the new arena in Tempe, if not does that spell the end of the Coyotes in Arizona?
I'm not the best source for this, but my understanding is it's still kind of early and the largest hurdle will be getting Sky Harbor International Airport to be cool with the build. I'm not a real-estate guy so I haven't given it a lot of attention.

I would be under the impression that, if we cant get something worked out before the end of next season, we may need to move. Glendale is not going to be an option past this season, I believe, could be wrong on that too. We do still have some older buildings that could be serviceable for a short time but the NHL and AM would need to feel that there are good options available, we just started in the wrong city, to maintain the team. It's probably the only way the team moves in this decade and frankly, the only evidence detractors could use to support moving the franchise currently.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Address a specific point. Ad hominem speaks to your own ignorance, rather than mine. Most literate people understand that.

You just made the point for me. You can't disagree with someone without throwing in a weak jab. It's kinda sad. Is it low self esteem, a need to try to put others below you?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Thomas had 33 points as a rookie, helped them win the Cup, then had 42 points his next season. Hayton will be lucky to get to 33 points over his entire ELC, not a good comparable.
They had different opportunities, as your post points out. Let's agree to disagree :)

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The Coyotes are not the worst franchise by on-ice performance of the last decade. And though they will have the worst record in the NHL, it is very unlikely that they will pick 1st or 2nd overall.

Buffalo is currently in the longest playoff drought in the history of the NHL, surpassing the Oilers and Panthers. During that time, they've picked 1OV twice and 2OV twice.

In the 25 years since the Coyotes relocated in 1996, they've never picked higher than 3rd overall (Dylan Strome and Kyle Turris).

In the past decade the Coyotes have been to the conference finals. Edmonton have been to the 2nd round once in 15 years, despite having four 1st overall picks during that span.

The Panthers haven't won a single playoff round in 25 years.

The Coyotes have been bad, but for much of that time they didn't have proper ownership or a stable stadium location.

For teams that have been worse, particularly in traditional markets while having owners, there aren't easy excuses. If anything, I think those teams are more deserving of heavy criticism.

Reactions: Heldig and rt

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think only 3 teams have won the Stanley Cup in the last 20 years without a homegrown 1st or 2nd overall pick on the team. St. Louis, Detroit, and New Jersey?

If that's correct, it seems like the Coyotes are doing the right thing for their fans by diving down to try and get one of the essential ingredients to Stanley Cup success, right?

As far as this thread, the concept is correct and the Coyotes are going to try and get as many assets as they can at the trade deadline by using their cap space. But I think the summer will depend on where their picks in the draft land.

Reactions: YotesFan47 and rt

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
So moves I see teams offering to move salary to Arizona in the offseason, maybe later this season if desperate enough.

Vegas - Dadonov + Rangers 2022 3rd for future considerations. Could see Arizona then retain 50% and trying to get a 2023 2nd from someone for him.
Montreal - Byron + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Chicago - Connolly + Vegas 2022 3rd for future considerations.
Washington - Hagelin + 2023 3rd for future considerations.
Toronto - Ritchie + Dermott + 3rd + 5th for future considerations. If Toronto wants to pay Cambell big and move Mrazek I can Arizona being interested if he would waive.
Philadelphia - JVR + 2022 1st for Dadonov 50% retained + Philly 2022 2nd. Get a direct replacement for 3.5M less.
Florida - Hornqvist + 2023 2nd for future considerations.
Calgary - Lucic + 2022 2nd for future considerations.
Minnesota - Fiala for Hagelin + latest 2022 1st.

Resign Crouse 6 x 5, sign Fiala 6 x 6, resign Dzingel and Boyd.

Fiala - Hayton - Keller
Crouse - Schmaltz - JVR
Dzingel - Janik - Hornqvist
Lucic - Boyd - Ritchie
Fischer/Connolly

Chychrun - Mayo
Gostisbehere - Soderstrom
Dermott - Timmins
Copobianco

What are you doing? Addressing the original post? I thought the purpose of this thread is to hurl insults, repeat yourself over and over, and ignore any and all questions that you are asked.

There's always one in a HF thread! :sarcasm::naughty::popcorn:

Reactions: Raymones and um

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I'd like to add to your point, I hope you don't mind.

Maybe a little known fact but Phoenix is now the 5th largest city by population in the USA, passing Philadelphia this year. Here's a quick snippet from Forbes on the states GDP growth.

5. Arizona
The Arizona economy is the 19th biggest in the U.S., based on 2020 annual real GDP by state, with an average GDP of roughly $320.66 billion that year. That’s up a remarkable 54.3% since 2000, when annual Arizona GDP that year stood at roughly $207.77 billion. The Covid-19 pandemic gave Arizona a bit of trouble, but the state’s GDP only fell 0.9%, from about $332.59 billion in 2019, down to $320.66 billion in 2020. Currently, Arizona’s GDP has reached a historic high of $334.03 billion in Q1 2021.

Here's a fun graph for people to look over.

View attachment 483263

Crappy team, crappy market. No chance that our crap market could support an NHL team, not with that growth over 20 of the teams 25 year history. That GDP and population growth over 20 years are garbage numbers.

We are also not seeing growth in our programs, most notably, ASU. We also moved an AHL team to the 2nd largest metro in the state, Tucson. What a bunch of idiots that don't understand that Arizona is a bad hockey market. Why in the world would someone move a team to a thriving state? Super dumb.

Do I need to go find more evidence to support the notion that building a perennial playoff team here is a bad idea?

We stay the course laid out by the ownership and management teams and we have a good chance at success. We have insane budget for next year to keep building with. This team is in the best position it has been in since our Cinderella run.
I think if you account for the meth economy, the sky is the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad