Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not sure if it helps but what if another 1st was added from Florida?

Knight + 1st ‘23 + 1st ‘24 + Tippett

That’s 2 1st rounders and 2 former 1st rounders. Gives Arizona another first in each of those upcoming drafts. They’d have to retain a little though

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Schneider + Kravtsov or Schneider + 1st is probably fair value. You have to keep in mind that Chychrun won't be utilized as a 1D on either NYR or FLA, more likely anchors the 2nd pair and isn't going to run either 1st PP unit. So these teams likely won't pay 1D prices for someone playing top 4 minutes.

I think it's in Arizona's best interest to move Chychrun before the deadline, GMs get desperate mid-season and more willing to overpay.
Yea don’t hold your breath waiting for that one...
1 of Lundkvist/Jones + I could see.... that would make sense upgrading the 2nd pair to Chycrun-Trouba. From miller trouba. But they aren’t going to want Schneider off 3rd pairing with his recent play.... they’d most likely want to run a miller-Schneider 3rd pair for the rest of the season.

Chycrun s best season came in a covid shortened year, playing mostly in division teams.
He’s likely not an impact guy on the rangers 1st pair or 1PP.
Fox has that on lock for the next 7-8 seasons

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

That’s 2 1st rounders and 2 former 1st rounders. Gives Arizona another first in each of those upcoming drafts. They’d have to retain a little though

Why would Florida do that? Its not McDavid they are targetting...

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

Not down to retain, but I take it if the Panthers throw in a cap dump.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Why would Florida do that? Its not McDavid they are targetting...
When you consider age and position, guys like this aren’t available via trade often. Tippett doesn’t hold much value for me personally, so it’s mostly knight and the two firsts. And given where we’re at I’m fine with parting with the picks. I think people over value picks in general and they’re most likely going to be later 1st rounders. Just because I would doesn’t mean zito would

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
lol ritchie has no value.
That’s not true. He has negative value. If about a 2nd.

I’m sure knight, two 1st rounders, and samoskevich would be too much for zito. So I’m assuming no, but I understand the desire for the swap
I just don’t like Knight or Tippett at all. And we’ve already got SEVEN picks between 25 and 45. One more isn’t really all that enticing. So this package just really feels very pointless to me. Chychrun is so much better. Would definitely just keep him. He’s young. I’d rather just give him the captaincy and assure the fans he’s going nowhere.

There is zero reason for Arizona to rush this Lol
That’s right. And even they don’t get what they’re looking for, they could always just call a press conference and name him captain and say the rumors were just overblown media nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nowotny

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
That's nowhere near fair value. Chychrun would probably pair with Fox on the 1st pairing. Even if he doesn't, you are playing a #1 D on the 2nd pairing where he will dominate the opposition.

A 23 year old #1 D signed for a severely underpair cap hit is worth more than Schneider and a 1st. I swear Rangers fans think Schneider is like the next Lidstrom or something.
Chychrun would be a great add, but he’s not a must have for the Rangers. It’s not that we think he’s the next Lidstrom, we’re just not looking to move our best assets for a player we don’t have to have. We have bigger needs at forward. With that said, I do think Chychrun is worth a lot, and if we do give up a good amount for him, I’m ok with it.

Reactions: TheShape

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wouldn't be surprised if a team took a flyer on him for a spare 7th round pick or future consideration or something
That would be extremely surprising considering he just cleared waivers.

Chychrun would be a great add, but he’s not a must have for the Rangers. It’s not that we think he’s the next Lidstrom, we’re just not looking to move our best assets for a player we don’t have to have. We have bigger needs at forward. With that said, I do think Chychrun is worth a lot, and if we do give up a good amount for him, I’m ok with it.
What would you add to Schneider and your 1st to get him? Which additional piece(s)?

Reactions: YP44 and Nowotny

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kings should be in on this. They have the young Cs to spare and the Pacific is wide open

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Kings should be in on this. They have the young Cs to spare and the Pacific is wide open
Hopefully not for a Kings ransom.

The underlying numbers speak volumes and he is by far the worst player +/- on their roster. I am ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but he is not some kind of treasure like some are implying.

Reactions: kinghock

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
What would you add to Schneider and your 1st to get him? Which additional piece(s)?
Nothing you’ll want. A B/C level prospect. Like I said, I like Chychrun a lot, but he’s not a must have for us. I don’t want to empty the cupboards for him. We also need forward help more than D. I’d personally rather hold on to Schneider and look elsewhere for a rental 4-6 D or a cost controlled middle 6 forward.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Chychrun is a #1 D? Holy are the standards ever low. He has a lot to prove still to be considered a #1D.
The Norris voters who placed him in the top 10 last season consider him a 1D.

Reactions: bsu

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Nothing you’ll want. A B/C level prospect. Like I said, I like Chychrun a lot, but he’s not a must have for us. I don’t want to empty the cupboards for him. We also need forward help more than D. I’d personally rather hold on to Schneider and look elsewhere for a rental 4-6 D or a cost controlled middle 6 forward.
Zac Jones?

If Byfield AND Clarke AND Kaliyev are ALL untouchable, what’s left? Turcotte? If he’s the centerpiece, there better be some BIG additions to the package. Like the ‘22 1st AND Brock Faber. Even then…add Laferriere and we’ll eat a Maatta dump.

Reactions: Nowotny and bsu

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Zac Jones?
If we really needed a top pair D, I’d say sure. I’d think that’d be fair for a top pair 23 year old with 3-1/2 years left on a good deal. However, he’s not a must have, so I’d prefer to spend those assets elsewhere. With that said it’d be great to trot him out there with Fox or Trouba for 20+ a night.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If Byfield AND Clarke AND Kaliyev are ALL untouchable, what’s left? Turcotte? If he’s the centerpiece, there better be some BIG additions to the package. Like the ‘22 1st AND Brock Faber. Even then…add Laferriere and we’ll eat a Maatta dump.
I think Turcotte, 1st & Faber is unrealistic. Look at other recent packages for top players. Turcotte still has a lot of upside and value.

Reactions: kinghock

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If we really needed a top pair D, I’d say sure. I’d think that’d be fair for a top pair 23 year old with 3-1/2 years left on a good deal. However, he’s not a must have, so I’d prefer to spend those assets elsewhere. With that said it’d be great to trot him out there with Fox or Trouba for 20+ a night.
Robertson?

I think Turcotte, 1st & Faber is unrealistic. Look at other recent packages for top players. Turcotte still has a lot of upside and value.
I think it’s barely passable. :)

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Tampa had Hedman already and still paid 1D price for McDonagh. He had only 1 and 1/2 seasons left while Chychrun has 2 additional ones. Also McDonagh caphit % was higher than Chychrun. New York got a 1st, former 1st, former early 2nd and a conditional 1st that ended up a 2nd. So I'm not that familiar with Schneider but it seems weird that his value is so high that all it takes is him and a 1st for Chychrun? Again Chychrun has 3 more years after this, why is nobody paying anything for those last 2 years? These offers are what you see for 1 and 1/2 year left players.
JT Miller was part of that trade too. Tampa got an upgrade in the top-6 and a #1 LHD in his prime.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Thanks for sharing. Perhaps something a little more informative would be in order?
Don’t bother. You nailed it.

Arizona: That moment when your asking price is met and you wonder if you could have asked for more :ha:
No. Marek clarified it later. He said that the price had been “technically” met with lesser assets. But they weren’t in the “best offer” phase yet.

I took this to mean teams are in the stage now where they’re attempting to low-ball with players who are “technically” former first rounders but who obviously no longer carry that value any longer. Much like many stupid fans in this thread. are doing currently.

Like saying Kravtsov is an A+ former 1st round, blue-chip prospect because he was a 9th overall pick recently. Well, we all know Drury tried to move him and nobody would offer more than a 2nd rounder. Which is why he let him go to Russia rather than trade him.

Marek confirmed Kravtsov had been offered. So I expect they also offered Nils Lundkvist. He’s a former 1st round pick, too. And is a current “young roster player”. They probably offered their 1st, too.

If Armstrong wants a good young roster player, preferably a former first, a grade A prospect, preferably a former first, and first round pick then Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st “technically” meets the demand. But it’s obviously not what Armstrong is talking about. Nobody would trade a first for Lundkvist. Nobody would trade a first for Kravtsov. So they don’t “really” count, even if they do so “technically”.

Rangers fans probably think Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st is more than enough.

Yotes fans want Lundkvist upgraded to Schneider and Kravtsov upgraded to Othmann.

The truth is probably that the Rangers need to upgrade one or the other of Lundkvist to Schneider OR Kravtsov to Othmann for their offer to be considered seriously and enter into the mix. If they want to win the bidding, they may have to upgrade both. But they may decide it’s not worth it and let some other team win the bidding instead.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
the longer this drags out the less I want him.
We probably have six more weeks of this. Haha.

Rangers fans, please rank these packages in terms of the one you hate the least first (the one that you’d be least miserable about) and the one that you hate the worst last (the one that makes you most miserable).

A. Miller+Lundkvist+1st
B. Lundkvist+Othmann+1st
C. Schneider+Kravtsov+1st
D. Schneider+Jones+1st
E. Schneider+Robertson+1st

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
No. Marek clarified it later. He said that the price had been “technically” met with lesser assets. But they weren’t in the “best offer” phase yet.

I took this to mean teams are in the stage now where they’re attempting to low-ball with players who are “technically” former first rounders but who obviously no longer carry that value any longer. Much like many stupid fans in this thread. are doing currently.

Like saying Kravtsov is an A+ former 1st round, blue-chip prospect because he was a 9th overall pick recently. Well, we all know Drury tried to move him and nobody would offer more than a 2nd rounder. Which is why he let him go to Russia rather than trade him.

Marek confirmed Kravtsov had been offered. So I expect they also offered Nils Lundkvist. He’s a former 1st round pick, too. And is a current “young roster player”. They probably offered their 1st, too.

If Armstrong wants a good young roster player, preferably a former first, a grade A prospect, preferably a former first, and first round pick then Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st “technically” meets the demand. But it’s obviously not what Armstrong is talking about. Nobody would trade a first for Lundkvist. Nobody would trade a first for Kravtsov. So they don’t “really” count, even if they do so “technically”.

Rangers fans probably think Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st is more than enough.

Yotes fans want Lundkvist upgraded to Schneider and Kravtsov upgraded to Othmann.

The truth is probably that the Rangers need to upgrade one or the other of Lundkvist to Schneider OR Kravtsov to Othmann for their offer to be considered seriously and enter into the mix. If they want to win the bidding, they may have to upgrade both. But they may decide it’s not worth it and let some other team win the bidding instead.

More like losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad