Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
If Byfield AND Clarke AND Kaliyev are ALL untouchable, what’s left? Turcotte? If he’s the centerpiece, there better be some BIG additions to the package. Like the ‘22 1st AND Brock Faber. Even then…add Laferriere and we’ll eat a Maatta dump.

In my opinion other teams will not give Arizona something close to this package.
If Arizona will receive Turcotte in this trade other pieces will be nonsignificant.
You can forget about Faber.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Rangers don't need a defenseman as much as a forward, so it makes complete sense they won't offer their best assets for a defenseman.

I highly doubt Florida would give up Lundell in a trade, and that would mean Turcotte is probably the best prospect available from a team that actually needs a LHD such as Chychrun.

Reactions: YP44 and kinghock

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Rangers fans, please rank these packages in terms of the one you hate the least first (the one that you’d be least miserable about) and the one that you hate the worst last (the one that makes you most miserable).

A. Miller+Lundkvist+1st
B. Lundkvist+Othmann+1st
C. Schneider+Kravtsov+1st
D. Schneider+Jones+1st
E. Schneider+Robertson+1st

I wouldn't give you Schneider, think he will be just as good as Chychrun if not better and right defensemen are harder to find then left defensemen.
He is on a much better contract then Chychrun too. So C, D and E are out. Rangers can not afford to give up Othmann, they need forwards so B is out. I like Miller's upside and salary compared to Chychrun so A is out.
My best offer would be
Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Chytil, Jones and #1 for Chychrun and Crouse.
3 players that were #1 picks, think Lundkvist is still worth a #1, both Kravtsov and Chytil are worth #2's now, Jones who was a #3 is worth a #1 now and a#1 in '22. Don't think you will get much better of an offer.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Rangers fans, please rank these packages in terms of the one you hate the least first (the one that you’d be least miserable about) and the one that you hate the worst last (the one that makes you most miserable).

A. Miller+Lundkvist+1st
B. Lundkvist+Othmann+1st
D. Schneider+Jones+1st
Miller/Scheider/Othmann all off the table from a Rangers perspective. LHD is not the #1 need of the org. No chance a prime package including any of those players will be offered. Also understand that may mean someone else gets Chych, which I am totally fine with.

Reactions: OrangePMD

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

A. Miller+Lundkvist+1st
B. Lundkvist+Othmann+1st
D. Schneider+Jones+1st
E
C
A
D
B

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I anticipate that the Rangers stay with a wide range package approach rather than their best forward or best defense prospect. And that that decision means they do not get Chychrun when another team finally ponies up.

2022 1st, 2023 1st possibly, Chytil, Lundkvist, Kravstov, Jones, Robertson, Cuylle and then lesser roster players like Gauthier and Hajek, is what I imagine will be offered in combination.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wouldn't give you Schneider, think he will be just as good as Chychrun if not better and right defensemen are harder to find then left defensemen.
He is on a much better contract then Chychrun too. So C, D and E are out. Rangers can not afford to give up Othmann, they need forwards so B is out. I like Miller's upside and salary compared to Chychrun so A is out.
My best offer would be
Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Chytil, Jones and #1 for Chychrun and Crouse.
3 players that were #1 picks, think Lundkvist is still worth a #1, both Kravtsov and Chytil are worth #2's now, Jones who was a #3 is worth a #1 now and a#1 in '22. Don't think you will get much better of an offer.
This post was hilarious. Thanks man. Haha. I really got a good kick out of this one.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We probably have six more weeks of this. Haha.

I was thinking that too but in a week or so we have a 'break'

I know the Kings at least are on the road till then, it would make sense for things to intensify when the GMs have a little more breathing time to really grind it out

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
How about Tippett to Winnipeg for Heinola+4th, then FLA can add Heinola in to their Chychrun offer?
To ARI: Knight+Heinola+1st+???
To FLA: Chychrun+WPG 4th
To WPG: Tippett

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
JT Miller was part of that trade too. Tampa got an upgrade in the top-6 and a #1 LHD in his prime.

It's pretty well known that Miller for Namestnikov was a straight swap. I believe Gorton didn't want to pay Miller after that season what he was asking and Namestnikov was the cheaper option.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Florida Fans,

Lets say Zito is dead set on adding Chychrun to the mix and Arizona is dead set on Lundell being in the return. What does that deal have to look like from a fans perspective to make it happen. Pretend your opinion means nothing beyond the adds, the two stated assets are a forgone conclusion, you can't stop it no matter what. This is a gun to your head situation, this is trying to overcome the impossible. "Will never happen" is not a satisfactory answer, Chychrun + Jenik + late 1st for Lundell is a more satisfactory answer. What does the deal look like for you to feel it was a good hockey trade (not overpayment) for Florida?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Florida Fans,

Lets say Zito is dead set on adding Chychrun to the mix and Arizona is dead set on Lundell being in the return. What does that deal have to look like from a fans perspective to make it happen. Pretend your opinion means nothing beyond the adds, the two stated assets are a forgone conclusion, you can't stop it no matter what. This is a gun to your head situation, this is trying to overcome the impossible. "Will never happen" is not a satisfactory answer, Chychrun + Jenik + late 1st for Lundell is a more satisfactory answer. What does the deal look like for you to feel it was a good hockey trade (not overpayment) for Florida?

Not a Flordia fan but ill answer for fun. Keeping in mind I dont see any way a trade can be made where both fanbases are happy.

Lundell is a potential stud and cost controlled on a playoff team. Thats huge, not even considering that he's a C. This would need to be addressed. Maybe by taking back salary and giving Florida a replacement prospect or player to fill the spot of Lundell.

Id ask for something like:
From Arz- Chychrun & Prospect
From Fla- Lundell + Salary dump

Idk the teams that well so wont give you an offer but id use that as a template. Also aware that both fanbases probably hate the template dw.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Florida Fans,

Since there is a gun to my head for a deal that includes lundell, AZ would need to add high unprotected firsts. not late ones. Lundell isn't on the table for Chychrun. It's just not happening.

Reactions: VijayPatel11

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Florida Fans,

If there were a gun to my head, I would rather take the bullet than have my reputation tarnished from trading Lundell for Chychrun.

Seriously though, you're not going to get an answer you like here. He won't be traded, but I'll give it a try anyway:
Chychrun + Guenther + Larsson for Lundell + Hornqvist

:thumbu:

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If there were a gun to my head, I would rather take the bullet than have my reputation tarnished from trading Lundell for Chychrun.

Seriously though, you're not going to get an answer you like here. He won't be traded, but I'll give it a try anyway:
Chychrun + Guenther for Lundell

:thumbu:
I was thinking Chychrun + one of Hayton or Guenther.
Hayton can play C, but Guenther is cost controlled longer…

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Not a Flordia fan but ill answer for fun. Keeping in mind I dont see any way a trade can be made where both fanbases are happy.

Lundell is a potential stud and cost controlled on a playoff team. Thats huge, not even considering that he's a C. This would need to be addressed. Maybe by taking back salary and giving Florida a replacement prospect or player to fill the spot of Lundell.

Id ask for something like:
From Arz- Chychrun & Prospect
From Fla- Lundell + Salary dump

Idk the teams that well so wont give you an offer but id use that as a template. Also aware that both fanbases probably hate the template dw.
See, I'm thinking something that makes Florida THE cup favorite. Arizona can't replace what Lundell brings for Florida, if we could than we wouldn't make him our absolute target. We can however replace some of what he does while providing a significant upgrade on the blue line.

Chychrun + Jenik (lower ceiling center prospect that could make the jump next season, 2c ceiling vs 1c. Most of us Coyotes fans see him as a Marchand lite kind of player) + Larsson + Boyd for Lundell + prospect of similar value to Jenik but in a position of excess for Florida + Vatrano (cap ) + Nutivaara (cap) + Hornqvist (if it's necessary, maybe a handshake deal for him to be sent to Arizona in the offseason for a late 2nd as I assume he's still a valuable piece for this playoff push).

That's roughly where I'm thinking vs the reported return. Lundell is showing himself as a pretty major piece, this could be similar to the Johansen for Jones trade but I think expanding on it and replacing some of the upside to Lundell with Jenik could be very beneficial to Florida making multiple cup runs, or even victories. Larsson and Boyd have been exceptional additions to a bad Arizona team, they would push Florida's depth through the roof, allowing for countless line combinations and breathtaking injury insurance.

Chychrun - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Montour - Gudas
Carlsson, Priskie

or

Weegar - Ekblad
Chychrun - Gudas
Forsling - Montour
Carlsson, Priskie

That's a Stanley Cup looking blue line. Florida has a strong top 6 with pretty good scoring depth, I don't want to damage that too much in the trade but it's pretty impossible to not give up a little bit up front for the significant blue line upgrade.

Florida can run Reinhart, Bennett or Verhaeghe as top 9 centers or wingers, slot Boyd or Larson in at 3c or as bottom 9 wingers, and still have Jenik come in next year and provide an aggressive middle 6 center presence at league minimum. Lundell is a big piece to lose, but the damage can be fully negated through appropriate player acquisition up front and the huge blue line upgrade.

That's where my head is at though, Florida may not see things this way.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I figure Panters need some Cap relief so that may help get our target player(Lundell)

Lundell, 23 1st,Hornquist(cap dump 5.3M 22,23'), Vatrano @ 2.3M for 22', Ludvig/Nause/Denisenko/???.
Chychrun, Kessle 50% retained, Boyd/Larsson.
Something like that...

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I figure Panters need some Cap relief so that may help get our target player(Lundell)

Lundell, 23 1st,Hornquist(cap dump 5.3M 22,23'), Vatrano @ 2.3M for 22', Ludvig/Nause/Denisenko/???.
Chychrun, Kessle 50% retained, Boyd/Larsson.
Something like that...
In your example, FLA trades Lundell to save 2.3m in cap this year and 5.3 next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad