Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If there were a gun to my head, I would rather take the bullet than have my reputation tarnished from trading Lundell for Chychrun.

Seriously though, you're not going to get an answer you like here. He won't be traded, but I'll give it a try anyway:
Chychrun + Guenther + Larsson for Lundell + Hornqvist

:thumbu:
You gave an answer and that's all I wanted. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of what Arizona fans want and Florida fans want. I think it's more hockey trade than Arizona getting a big futures package with Lundell. Going off what you posted, my counter:

Chychrun, Guenther, Larsson for Lundell, Ludvig, Hornqvist I'm inclined to add a 1st because of how I view the pieces but I'll hold off for now.

Guenther <<< Lundell
Chychrun >>> Ludvig
Larsson = Hornqvist

BTW, this is a huge loss IMO to Arizona but I'm playing ball.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
You gave an answer and that's all I wanted. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of what Arizona fans want and Florida fans want. I think it's more hockey trade than Arizona getting a big futures package with Lundell. Going off what you posted, my counter:

Chychrun, Guenther, Larsson for Lundell, Ludvig, Hornqvist I'm inclined to add a 1st because of how I view the pieces but I'll hold off for now.

Guenther <<< Lundell
Chychrun >>> Ludvig
Larsson = Hornqvist

BTW, this is a huge loss IMO to Arizona but I'm playing ball.
Honestly, trading away the face of the franchise type player in Chychrun and our top prospect for a rookie, a cap dump and a hurt AHL player. Jeesh.
Deal.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Since there is a gun to my head for a deal that includes lundell, AZ would need to add high unprotected firsts. not late ones. Lundell isn't on the table for Chychrun. It's just not happening.
I think that's far too steep. I'm willing to play ball and find a hockey trade but you're asking for a 1st pairing defenseman and a unprotected 1st (Our only current lottery puck is no later than top 4 as we speak, and even with the addition of Lundell would be a top ~6 pick at worst) for what is essentially a 2c with great defense (currently a 3c due to depth). Both sides can claim upside, contract, and concerns with the other player.

Chychrun + Hayton/Jenik + Larsson + Boyd for Lundell + Hornqvist + Ludvig? We provide a very good 3c replacement and bottom 9 depth without hurting your cap and you provide a LD potential replacement.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Honestly, trading away the face of the franchise type player in Chychrun and our top prospect for a rookie, a cap dump and a hurt AHL player. Jeesh.
Deal.
Personally, Chychrun for Lundell, 1 for 1 is my baseline. I won't go further than that. Allowing Guenther to even be discussed was me giving the person a courtesy because Guenther is potentially Lundell but a year and a half younger. Guenther has been playing C and W in Edmonton while providing scoring and great defense. Ludvig is not a Chychrun replacement but they don't have one anyhow so I'm eating that value for the sake of conversation. Hornqvist is still a bottom 6 NHLer and should be for a few more years. Larsson and Boyd are bottom 6 NHLers and should be for a few more years than Hornqvist and come at a better cap hit combined.

I'm willingly eating value to try and find a compromise. Hayton/Jenik make way more sense than Guenther but again, trying to get the door opened beyond, "No, us fans who have no control will not trade him".

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not a Flordia fan but ill answer for fun. Keeping in mind I dont see any way a trade can be made where both fanbases are happy.

Lundell is a potential stud and cost controlled on a playoff team. Thats huge, not even considering that he's a C. This would need to be addressed. Maybe by taking back salary and giving Florida a replacement prospect or player to fill the spot of Lundell.

Id ask for something like:
From Arz- Chychrun & Prospect
From Fla- Lundell + Salary dump

Idk the teams that well so wont give you an offer but id use that as a template. Also aware that both fanbases probably hate the template dw.

Florida fans won’t like any offer for Lundell concerning Arizona

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I figure Panters need some Cap relief so that may help get our target player(Lundell)

Lundell, 23 1st,Hornquist(cap dump 5.3M 22,23'), Vatrano @ 2.3M for 22', Ludvig/Nause/Denisenko/???.
Chychrun, Kessle 50% retained, Boyd/Larsson.
Something like that...

You are asking Florida to trade the most valuable asset (stud C on elc) for cap relief, doesn’t make sense

Apparently Fla really wants him...and getting a guy like Chychrun is gonna cost a player thats gonna hurt

When’s the last time Lundell type was traded?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
People who are saying "why would Zito trade Lundell?" Ill counter with "Why would florida trade Luongo". Im not saying it will happen but greater players have been traded in the past and will in the future.

Oh and if Florida trades Lundell I think theyll regret it.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
How about Tippett to Winnipeg for Heinola+4th, then FLA can add Heinola in to their Chychrun offer?
To ARI: Knight+Heinola+1st+???
To FLA: Chychrun+WPG 4th
To WPG: Tippett

Why does Jets need Tippett?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You are asking Florida to trade the most valuable asset (stud C on elc) for cap relief, doesn’t make sense

When’s the last time Lundell type was traded?
Johansen for Jones springs to mind very quickly.

Chychrun for Lundell would be very similar. If I recall, Johansen either asked for a trade or indicated he wanted to get to UFA asap which helped matters along. Chychrun has not done that but the Coyotes are showing interest in making such a move should sufficient value be offered.

As a base, Chychrun for Lundell works pretty well but Florida would need to send cap back, as well as get a new 3c, and potentially middle 6 winger if Hornqvist is the cap casualty. Not at all claiming Hornqvist is negative value, just that his cap hit to on once impact may open the door to swapping him.

Chychrun (50%) + Jenik (perfect future 3c, I see an impact much like Boon Jenners) + Larsson + Boyd + FLA 2nd (from the Stralman trade) for Lundell + Ludvig + Hornqvist. That's a pretty favorable deal for Florida.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
lotta over-confident unsubstantiated chatter regarding potential deals and packages
yes AZ will get a very rich package for Chych, but each team has guys they are extremely unlikely to move

IF AZ 'requires' Knight or Lundell from Panthers, IMHO it is most likely Chych does not land there

Of course sellers aim high. but ultimately, they must choose from among offers they are tendered, they can't force teams to include thier most valued guys
Chych may be best D opportunity on the market, but not only one, for teams looking to strengthen D
Acquiring teams need to be comfortable with both the return and the cost

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If a team had satisfied the demands of the Arizona Coyotes, he would have been traded already.

There is a huge difference between Avs offering Kaut and Newhook, despite both being mid first round picks. So while Avs might technically satisfy a demand by offering up a Kaut, more likely Arizona would say "show us the Newhook".

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Personally, Chychrun for Lundell, 1 for 1 is my baseline. I won't go further than that. Allowing Guenther to even be discussed was me giving the person a courtesy because Guenther is potentially Lundell but a year and a half younger. Guenther has been playing C and W in Edmonton while providing scoring and great defense. Ludvig is not a Chychrun replacement but they don't have one anyhow so I'm eating that value for the sake of conversation. Hornqvist is still a bottom 6 NHLer and should be for a few more years. Larsson and Boyd are bottom 6 NHLers and should be for a few more years than Hornqvist and come at a better cap hit combined.

I'm willingly eating value to try and find a compromise. Hayton/Jenik make way more sense than Guenther but again, trying to get the door opened beyond, "No, us fans who have no control will not trade him".
Guenther switched to C after about the 10th game of the season. He’s a top three center in the WHL, in my opinion.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Johansen for Jones springs to mind very quickly.

Chychrun for Lundell would be very similar. If I recall, Johansen either asked for a trade or indicated he wanted to get to UFA asap which helped matters along. Chychrun has not done that but the Coyotes are showing interest in making such a move should sufficient value be offered.

As a base, Chychrun for Lundell works pretty well but Florida would need to send cap back, as well as get a new 3c, and potentially middle 6 winger if Hornqvist is the cap casualty. Not at all claiming Hornqvist is negative value, just that his cap hit to on once impact may open the door to swapping him.

Chychrun (50%) + Jenik (perfect future 3c, I see an impact much like Boon Jenners) + Larsson + Boyd + FLA 2nd (from the Stralman trade) for Lundell + Ludvig + Hornqvist. That's a pretty favorable deal for Florida.

How does that trade answer my question?

Lundell is 20 stud C with 2.5 years left on his elc, when’s the last time a 20y stud C with multiple elc years was traded?

Those are the most valuable assets in the league, pure gold for teams and Gm’s

Johanssen was traded 6 years post draft while on a 3x4 bridge

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
lotta over-confident unsubstantiated chatter regarding potential deals and packages
yes AZ will get a very rich package for Chych, but each team has guys they are extremely unlikely to move

IF AZ 'requires' Knight or Lundell from Panthers, IMHO it is most likely Chych does not land there

Of course sellers aim high. but ultimately, they must choose from among offers they are tendered, they can't force teams to include thier most valued guys
Chych may be best D opportunity on the market, but not only one, for teams looking to strengthen D
Acquiring teams need to be comfortable with both the return and the cost
That's why I'm taking a different approach. Our GM has set a price, Lundell may be an exception to that price. I'm starting to believe a Chychrun for Lundell, 1 for 1 deal is fair value but Florida feels it wouldn't provide the kind of benefit needed to make it, so Arizona needs to be the one offering additional value. That's why I think Jenik makes sense as the future 3c with grit and tenacity. Not that it's in short supply in Florida but they are excelling with those types. Jenik may not be 100% ready before next year so Larsson and Boyd fill in the gap as high quality 3rd line vets that can push teams around in the playoffs. Hornqvist seems like he would be great for their club at half the cost, Larson and Boyd also alleviate that need by coming in at 50% of the cost and providing double the production, which helps make up for the lost production of Lundell. Now Arizona has provided additional value but needs a little something back. I suggested Ludvig but I'm not set on him as the return, was just a thought. Arizona could also add FLA 2nd that was moved in the Stralman dump to secure the exchange.

Florida loses a fantastic C prospect, maybe even a 1c in a few years, but they gain a 3rd 1st paring D to solidify their blue line and make sure they don't lose because D depth was a problem. Center depth is a non issue today for Florida, they have 5 guys who can play top 6 center (including Lundell). A deal like this creates balance, insurance, and a 3 year cup favorite window, maybe longer if Jenik hits his 2c ceiling as their 3c.

If Arizona is moving their 1st pairing D with top 15 D upside, they need to get the biggest challenge for the franchise, a top 6 center with #1 upside.

Turcotte/Byfield are not that IMO, McTavish is that but I don't think the Ducks have the motivation, and I don't recall any other centers being rumored. Lundell is basically my target at this point. Florida fans should block me until Chychrun is traded because he's the player I think we go in hard for, and he's the guy I'll be speculating on until otherwise noted by someone important.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If a team had satisfied the demands of the Arizona Coyotes, he would have been traded already.

There is a huge difference between Avs offering Kaut and Newhook, despite both being mid first round picks. So while Avs might technically satisfy a demand by offering up a Kaut, more likely Arizona would say "show us the Newhook".
This is exactly right. That’s what Marek basically hinted at. And then he brought up Kravtsov. My guess is that NYR is offering Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st. I think AZ wants them to upgrade Lundkvist to Schneider or Kravtsov to Othmann.

Marek also keeps saying the Panthers are the front-runner and really want the hometown Chychrun. A bunch of insiders are saying AZ really wants Lundell. I could see FLA offering Tippett, Knight and a 1st but AZ wants Lundell.

I suspect that’s about the ballpark of where things stand. It SEEMS closer than it actually is.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

you want something that isn't available and don't have anything remotely attractive outside of Chychrun that isn't an unprotected first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad