Are the Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I thought they looked like a real strong team tonight and matched the Oilers pretty well in play. That's tough to do as the Oilers have been mostly dominating teams this year in 5v5 play.

Difference tonight was goalie, as it is on many nights in the NHL.

Leafs definitely look like Cup contenders if they get the timely saves come playoff time.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I thought they looked like a real strong team tonight and matched the Oilers pretty well in play. That's tough to do as the Oilers have been mostly dominating teams this year in 5v5 play.

Leafs definitely look like Cup contenders if they get the timely saves come playoff time.
Very nice joke, the leafs are far from a contender

NVious

Dec 20, 2022

Agreed, I do believe this team can win the Calder Cup and Spengler cup (if they get a few tries).

The problem though is the underpaid players like Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares are playing their little hearts out and barely scraping by, I say give them a raise and the team can REALLY take off.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This was one of their better games and they still lost. They just don’t have enough to do much again. Once again proving when games and the opponents get tough they don’t play to win they play not to lose as a game gets into the later stages. As proof by all the blown leads esp in the third.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It’s crazy how insightful Leafs fans were on Oilers woes early in the season in our threads, wonder where that insightfulness is now regarding their own team
If you would like to see their insights, I would wander over to the leafs board where they are currently melting down and saying all manner of entertaining things to one another.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Think they need a shake up of their core...

The only one I would keep is Matthews

Good thing they just signed Nylander to that massive deal

Reactions: Gurilla

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
You have to wonder if Matthews is looking to get out if the franchise can't turn it around. Such a waste of a generational goal scorer.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
their defense is WEAK...Reilly and a bunch of 3rd pairing guys...Jones was good tonight

they're lacking depth up front and they're soft....
Tavares looks cooked and washed and can't skate anymore

sorry, but you cannot build a championship team with 4 guys making 11+ mil
so no, not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad