Are the Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I've learned not to give a shit about what the regular season tells me. Its all irrelevant.

Florida weren't contenders last year, look what happened.

Not a single soul thought Boston would be beaten by a team in the East, much less in round 1.

Any team that gets into the playoffs is a contender.

The idea that there's only 1 or 3 "serious contenders" in HOCKEY is just stupid. Anyone can beat anyone. Luck. Goaltending. And whos hot when.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I've learned not to give a shit about what the regular season tells me. Its all irrelevant.

Not a single soul thought Boston would be beaten by a team in the East, much less in round 1.

The idea that there's only 1 or 3 "serious contenders" in HOCKEY is just stupid. Anyone can beat anyone. Luck. Goaltending. And whos hot when.
Hmm sounds like cope to me

Reactions: Connor McConnor

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yup, with only half the season left.
For the leafs to continue sucking. They've been lucky with the big 4 and reilly not missing a ton of time. Once the injury bug hits, they are sunk.

Yup, with only half the season left.
For the leafs to continue sucking. They've been lucky with the big 4 and reilly not missing a ton of time. Once the injury bug hits, they are sunk

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
For the leafs to continue sucking. They've been lucky with the big 4 and reilly not missing a ton of time. Once the injury bug hits, they are sunk.
The injury bug has hit since the beginning of the year. They have had no more luck than any other team's core 4. They haven't been playing the well recently though.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Yup. When was the last time the President’s trophy club won the Cup?

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Auston Matthews is not going to put up with this much longer.
Meaning what? He won’t just happily collect another Rocket and go party with Bieber in the Spring?

He doesn’t strike me as a guy who “hates to lose” like MacK, McD, Crosby, etc… Could be totally wrong, and his quiet demeanor just looks that way, I dunno.

The Leafs, as a whole, seem to want to win “easy.” Teams push back, and they don’t have much for ‘em. Marner tells the press tonight that the team is still playing great? Country club culture with no accountability. They should have kept ROR - he provided that “whatever it takes to win” attitude last playoffs.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Wheels are falling off, seem more likely to miss the playoffs than contend for the cup at this point. 13 regulation wins is basement dweller level. Treliving with back to back awful summers.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s not if, it’s when and how many!
You know you're struggling when an Islanders fan is dunking on you. :sarcasm:

Meaning what? He won’t just happily collect another Rocket and go party with Bieber in the Spring?

He doesn’t strike me as a guy who “hates to lose” like MacK, McD, Crosby, etc… Could be totally wrong, and his quiet demeanor just looks that way, I dunno.

The Leafs, as a whole, seem to want to win “easy.” Teams push back, and they don’t have much for ‘em. Marner tells the press tonight that the team is still playing great? Country club culture with no accountability. They should have kept ROR - he provided that “whatever it takes to win” attitude last playoffs.
That's been my opinion of Matthews and why he's never dominated the playoffs. I don't think he actually cares about winning as bad as the top guys do. He's gifted with elite hockey ability and knows he can make a killing playing it, so that's what he does. The rest isn't important.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Big change coming or they're toast. It's becoming apparent that allowing a losing culture to fester is okay as long as it brings in the benjamins.

The revenue of the National Hockey League franchise Toronto Maple Leafs exceeded pre-pandemic levels in the 2021/22 season. In that season, the Toronto Maple Leafs generated approximately 248 million U.S. dollars in revenue. Toronto Maple Leafs revenue 2022 | Statista.

Reactions: lordtrillson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad