Are the Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup contenders?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Or in this case vice-versa.

cowboysareleafs.jpg

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I feel bad for Brad. Must be hard to be puppet ruler and obey Shanahan. Leafs fans should just start a boycott until he's gone.
then when Shannys gone ......whos turn will it be. After
Gardner? Babcock? Freddy ...Kadri, Holl, Reaves, Campbell, Samsinov, Dubas, Lou, ......"the beat goes on"...Pat Quinn, JFJ , "Fire Wilson" , Burke, Phaneuf, Kessel , Maurice, Nonis, Rymer, ......Harold Ballard. 😉

Shannys days are numbered for sure.....

But "the core" still own the city. 🤣

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Stanley cup contender? They are on a 3 game losing streak and are about to play Edm, Cal, Van & Wpg twice. Det, TB, NYI, NJD behind them by 1-3 pts. Strong likelihood they will be out of a playoff position by the end of the month.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I think Matthews and Marner have been running the team for the last several years.
Not even the coach can be less than complimentary to the big contracts without having to put his tail between his legs and call a national press conference to apologize.

Although I did hear him say the bottom 6 needs to be better earlier this year and we didn't hear Mitch whine about it to the media at all.

It can't be good for the team to have different rules for different players. Probably why O'Reilly got outa there so fast. The big contracts/"leaders" have no accountability to the team.

Dec 15, 2002
What surprises me the most is that Shanahan doesn't seem to realize how soft the core is, considering how tough and gritty he was as a player.

Shanahan would go into the trenches (in front of the net, into the corners, along the boards, etc.), something his Core 4 forwards don't enjoy doing.
Yeah, but that was a different time. Shanahan is the man with a plan, who knows who can and who's just a fan - and anyone who disagrees with him, he will ban.

Reactions: TheOne and tfwnogf

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
In the past two weeks I’ve read on here that they have 3 of the top 10 players in the NHL including the very best goal scorer and defensive forward, that they can “cobble together” a good defense, and that their goaltending is great when Woll comes back

How is that not a top contender?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
In the past two weeks I’ve read on here that they have 3 of the top 10 players in the NHL including the very best goal scorer and defensive forward, that they can “cobble together” a good defense, and that their goaltending is great when Woll comes back

How is that not a top contender?
Do you have doubts as to whether the Maple Leafs can flip the switch in the playoffs and prove that they are winners?

They proved last year in the playoffs that they are winners.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Fair, but the Cowboys haven't won in 30 years. That's before the lifetimes of a lot of people (not me). The analogy works in a number of ways.

True.....but there were far more than 6 teams the last time they (Cowboys) won too ;)

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad