Are the Oilers a top 5 contender next season with Jack Campbell?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Mike Smith, a true leader and loved by all...

Did you read any of these articles? the titles are just click bait conjecture. By all accounts Smith was a huge part of leadership group (source: every single interview from oilers talking about smith).

In Calgary, its rumoured smith had a bad reputation with locker room. but he's not alone, Hamilton also had those rumours, so did Neal. JG and MT also wanted out, so I dont think its fair to pin that on smith.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Absolutely not, they lucked out getting past LA who didn't even have Doughty.
I dont know about that. Nurse was severely injured the whole series, same with drai games 6 and 7.

game 1 was chaos
game 2 and 3 oilers dominated
game 4 and 5 kings dominated but theres rumours oilers were suffering from major flu (but still not an excuse)
game 6 and 7 oilers dominated.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Did you read any of these articles? the titles are just click bait conjecture. By all accounts Smith was a huge part of leadership group (source: every single interview from oilers talking about smith).

In Calgary, its rumoured smith had a bad reputation with locker room. but he's not alone, Hamilton also had those rumours, so did Neal. JG and MT also wanted out, so I dont think its fair to pin that on smith.
The Flames locker room had nothing to do with JG and MT leaving. To imply otherwise is to be disingenuous. There is about as much truth in that as other Oilers fans saying the Oilers ran Gaudreau and Tkachuk out of town. They didn't.
Yes, Neal didn't have a lot of fans in the Flames locker room when he left. I don't think he had many in the Oiler room either. His over all crappy play and aversion to playing defense may have had something to do with that.
Hamilton is Hamilton... a bit of a loner and weird duck. I don't think he's stuck with a team more than 3 or 4 seasons.
If you say Smith was loved by all in the Oilers room, I believe you. However, that's not the case with the previous teams that employed him. Maybe he's mellowed in his old age.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Draisaitl was plenty fine when they had the puck, labored like mad on defense. Please, I watched him sell that injury to avoid defensive responsibilities.

Now go back and watch Val in that series so you know what heart looks like.
1663774169028.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This can't be a real thing...

Oh it is. Just a few posts up in this thread.

Rubi posted in a different thread over the summer a bunch of videos of Draisaitl dummying the Flames and he concluded that he wasn't actually injured in them.

Not really sure what would be gained by any party via this conspiracy, but Flames fans in particular have a hankering for it.

Agreed. Not only is there video evidence of when it happened, it was obvious after the fact to anyone who watched the games that he wasn't playing with his full speed.

Games 6 and 7 against the Kings and Game 1 against the Flames in particular he was way out of it.

He kind of learned to manage it after that, but you could tell he still wasn't close to full speed.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Oh it is. Just a few posts up in this thread.

Rubi posted in a different thread over the summer a bunch of videos of Draisaitl dummying the Flames and he concluded that he wasn't actually injured in them.

Not really sure what would be gained by any party via this conspiracy, but Flames fans in particular have a hankering for it.
I know, it doesn't make much of a difference. He either schooled them while injured, or schooled them while healthy.

Reactions: Duke74

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Like every year, If McDavid and Drai don't carry the team to the playoffs, they will be terrible. They are nothing if they are having a bad game.

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
True. But the Panthers room doesn’t have to put up “Beware of Falling Rocks” signs up. So that’s a win for them.
True. The arena was once Calgary's pride and joy. Now its an embarrassment. I don't think many Flames fans would contend otherwise. You're kind of preaching to the choir bro. We all want a new entertainment facility... we just don't want to take a bath paying for it while billionaire owners get richer off the taxpayer's purse.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
True. The arena was once Calgary's pride and joy. Now its an embarrassment. I don't think many Flames fans would contend otherwise. You're kind of preaching to the choir bro. We all want a new entertainment facility... we just don't want to take a bath paying for it while billionaire owners get richer off the taxpayer's purse.
All jokes aside and crumbling concrete and flooding aside. For an old building, the shape atleast gives it character. The other thing is Edmonton got not just a new building but also downtown revitalization project out of the deal. Saddledome is already located in a proper spot, Rexall place never was.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
All jokes aside and crumbling concrete and flooding aside. For an old building, the shape atleast gives it character. The other thing is Edmonton got not just a new building but also downtown revitalization project out of the deal. Saddledome is already located in a proper spot, Rexall place never was.
And Edmonton's arena is a beautiful looking building from the outside. Modern design and everything. Frankly I'm almost glad the latest Calgary arena plans got scrapped. What a boring looking place. Zero character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad