Value of: Arber Xhekaj value in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
According to reports, The Habs sent him down to AHL for him to learn how to play defence. Has he learned anything yet?

Also according to reports, he lost his physical edge while down there, has he regained that yet?

Acquiring teams would like to know.
He was not sent down for poor performance. He got injured and Struble was called up. Struble is playing well and X was sent to Laval when he recovered from his injury. I believe X was asked to work on his defensive game and work on not taking as many penalties. I don’t watch Laval games, but 2 points in 3 games with 0 pim I like that.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
devils got offered

drouin, armia and chiarot
for
holtz and mercer

half a year after they got drafted.

Screenshot_20231130_215825_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I have been following this thread, and what I'm reading is that the OP and some others think Xhekaj is worth quite a bit more than Zadorov.

I don't know why @Qwijibo couldn't just say that for himself.

Maybe he's embarrassed to say it out loud?
Could be? Most fans are delusional. Only reason I even asked about Zadorov is that I always fall back to actual NHL trades as point of reference. That is but one yet a recent one.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Could be? Most fans are delusional. Only reason I even asked about Zadorov is that I always fall back to actual NHL trades as point of reference. That is but one yet a recent one.
That's fair, but between a cheap 22 year old with potential for many seasons of quality play, and a highly paid rental with a higher immediate level of play, but who might be gone in 50 games, and has asked for a trade, the market is going to be very different.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

That's fair, but between a cheap 22 year old with potential for many seasons of quality play, and a highly paid rental with a higher immediate level of play, but who might be gone in 50 games, and has asked for a trade, the market is going to be very different.
Once again, a suggestion that Xhekaj has a higher trade value than Zadorov without actually coming out and saying that directly.

If their opinion is that Xhekaj is worth more now than Zadorov, why not just say that Xhekaj is worth more than Zadorov?

I know it sounds laughable, but that seems to be the opinion. All that unique potential blah blah blah.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Once again, a suggestion that Xhekaj has a higher trade value than Zadorov without actually coming out and saying that directly.

If their opinion is that Xhekaj is worth more now than Zadorov, why not just say that Xhekaj is worth more than Zadorov?

I know it sounds laughable, but that seems to be the opinion. All that unique potential blah blah blah.
Well, I'm not saying it directly because I'm not saying it indirectly. Heck, rentals are often hugely expensive, asset-wise, so that could be seen as boosting Zadorov's return.

I know reading is hard, but try and focus on what I actually wrote (and not put words in my mind like "unique". Stop lying.)

My actual point was apples vs oranges. Zadorov is not a useful comparison for trade value for all the reasons I gave.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
How many 4th rd is making the NHL ???
Not much and Arber is NHL material ,, think twice
Wtf does the success rate of a draft pick have to do with his value?

His value across the league is a 4th round pick. He’s a 6D.

Wtf do you think your gonna get lmao

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Pretty sure I have no interest in devoting 17 pages of my life to something way less than earth shattering.

Cool. I'm not going to type out the same explanation over and over. Have a great day
@Rants Mulliniks : I think this is what you're looking for:

Explain to me why Montreal would consider accepting that? He's a bona-fide NHL player who brings a skillset that's incredibly rare in today's NHL. He's young, cheap, abd improving. They dont need cap space. The only reason they would move him is to upgrade an area of weakness. A 3rd round pick isn't likely to even make it to the show. Let alone be impactful. That's like the old Simpson episode where Homer trades in a boat for a mystery box because box could have anything in it, even a boat. It's nonsensical

I find it amusing.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If he's ducking fights in the AHL can barely play defense I think every team in the league has a player of his caliber already on the farm.
You obviously have a clueless take here. I get it, there’s a correction that always take place on the main boards as the hab haters respond to the Habs trade exaggerators. It’s part of the “charm” of the board.
But it’s obvious you don’t know much about the player. His sample size is too small to call him a plug. He skates great for a big guy and the stat watchers who see the word “undrafted” are quick with hot takes. Btw he would’ve been drafted if he didn’t have the unluckiness of being a late bloomer during a Covid draft year. No one saw him play.

Including you, his last game. He played 20+ minutes in Laval in all situations and it seems, has strict instruction not to fight as imama and rempe invited him, but he refused. Why? Because he has nothing to prove. He’s already an nhl heavyweight. He doesn’t need to give an AHL plug a name.

Time will tell if he is able to develop his game decisively and offensively. But few possess his size and strength. Not to mention his terrific shot, meanness and skating for a 22 year old kid who’s 6’4, 240. I don’t think Hughes will trade him. He still has a lot of potential if he can learn to discipline his game

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
So a player who can't get into your own team demands a hefty payment. Yeah no.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You obviously have a clueless take here. I get it, there’s a correction that always take place on the main boards as the hab haters respond to the Habs trade exaggerators. It’s part of the “charm” of the board.
But it’s obvious you don’t know much about the player. His sample size is too small to call him a plug. He skates great for a big guy and the stat watchers who see the word “undrafted” are quick with hot takes. Btw he would’ve been drafted if he didn’t have the unluckiness of being a late bloomer during a Covid draft year. No one saw him play.

Including you, his last game. He played 20+ minutes in Laval in all situations and it seems, has strict instruction not to fight as imama and rempe invited him, but he refused. Why? Because he has nothing to prove. He’s already an nhl heavyweight. He doesn’t need to give an AHL plug a name.

Time will tell if he is able to develop his game decisively and offensively. But few possess his size and strength. Not to mention his terrific shot, meanness and skating for a 22 year old kid who’s 6’4, 240. I don’t think Hughes will trade him. He still has a lot of potential if he can learn to discipline his game
Again the luck argument… Unlucky no one saw him play? He played 2 full seasons in Kitchener before covid.
Anderson is also unlucky.
Unlucky with injuries.

Reactions: TS Quint

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
okay he has 6 goals and Laval is in last in the AHL division is he the second coming of a Larry Robinson or a 4th liner.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

No use trying to talk sense with a troll, it works out better when you put them on ignore.

Reactions: pth2

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I just want to know what you think a defenceman with shoulder issues with 68 games under his belt that can fight, but sent down to the AHL is worth in a trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad