Value of: Arber Xhekaj value in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Not a Habs fan in fact I dont like them at all. This is absurd he is worth way more than that. Big physical heavy d man that can handle a puck and just started on his pro development curve. Big players take longer. Id give up a late 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd if he's on the table.

Think about the teams that would be trading what would be a late 1st round pick any time soon, those would be teams guaranteed to make the playoffs and finish high in the standings, so a handful of teams. None of those teams are giving up a 1st for Jackeye, if they're trading their 1st, it's for a bigger fish to try and put them over the top. That's terrible value and a massive risk.

Jackeye would have to take massive strides and look closer to a bonafide top4dman to be in the ballpark of 1st round pick and the catch22 is if he did, Montreal would just keep him at that point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Think about the teams that would be trading what would be a late 1st round pick any time soon, those would be teams guaranteed to make the playoffs and finish high in the standings, so a handful of teams. None of those teams are giving up a 1st for Jackeye, if they're trading their 1st, it's for a bigger fish to try and put them over the top. That's terrible value and a massive risk.

Jackeye would have to take massive strides and look closer to a bonafide top4dman to be in the ballpark of 1st round pick and the catch22 is if he did, Montreal would just keep him at that point.
A bunch of teams already have late firsts that have 2 first round picks because they are in the middle of a retool/rebuild.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
A bunch of teams already have late firsts that have 2 first round picks because they are in the middle of a retool/rebuild.
no contender is trading a 1st for a defender that isnt even getting #6 minutes on a bottom feeder. that's a crazy idea.

Reactions: TS Quint

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Bunch of teams with 2 firsts: SJ, CHi, Phi and Ott. Phi also extra early 2nd (Clb). None of them trades a 1st for AX.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
no contender is trading a 1st for a defender that isnt even getting #6 minutes on a bottom feeder. that's a crazy idea.
I don't even know how to respond to such terrible post. You quoted mine. Are you incapable of reading the English language? I specifically said in the post you quoted a team in the middle of a rebuild/retool.

Bunch of teams with 2 firsts: SJ, CHi, Phi and Ott. Phi also extra early 2nd (Clb). None of them trades a 1st for AX.
As a sens fan I would trade a late first for the player. He's only scratching the surface of what he is going to be. Late first rounders have a 50% chance of even playing 300 games. He's 21, the sens window is opening now, makes more sense than a player that is 4 years away. He's a unique talent that has potential to be a very useful versatile player. Teams with big heavy back ends win championships.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I don't even know how to respond to such terrible post. You quoted mine. Are you incapable of reading the English language? I specifically said in the post you quoted a team in the middle of a rebuild/retool.
you should have stopped there. that's an even worse idea.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

So a 22 years old with the skillset of Xhekaj who can also put up 20-30 points a year isn’t worth anything of value because he’s not already a top 4 D?

Do you know what the % of 22 years old D that can play top 4 minutes at the NHL level is? Probably in the mid to high single digits.

The only reason he’s in the AHL right now is because he’s not better than Matheson & Guhle (duh) and Struble is on a hot streak. He’s definitely an NHL caliber player at this point in time.

Unless a young top 6 forward is available for a package that would include Xhekaj, I see no reason to even consider trading the young man.

• Haha

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

As a sens fan I would trade a late first for the player. He's only scratching the surface of what he is going to be. Late first rounders have a 50% chance of even playing 300 games. He's 21, the sens window is opening now, makes more sense than a player that is 4 years away. He's a unique talent that has potential to be a very useful versatile player. Teams with big heavy back ends win championships.
Would not trade 21st pick (as of now) for him, especially on a team quite deep on d. Is it not? Unique talent seems like a stretch.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
You should read before you write anything. It's constant trash and derailing actual productive conversations. You bring nothing to the table.
ironic since the post you were responding was taking about contending teams. yet you say it has nothing to do with contending teams. you're guilty of exactly what you accuse others of and you cant even see it.

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
Dude he’s a 6d plug? Wtf do you think your gonna get ?
No comparable so...I guess pass it on the left side?

Undrafted
22yrs old
Playing in AHL
Averaging 15:08/game in the NHL games he's played

Why exactly would that garner anthing more than a mid-round pick?
Where's your example showing he's worth anything remotely noteworthy?

What is the motivation to trade him then? It's a moronic move and waste of an asset.
Exactly the kind of thinking which has the habs in a 3 decade tailspin.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Would not trade 21st pick (as of now) for him, especially on a team quite deep on d. Is it not? Unique talent seems like a stretch.
I don't see any other 21 year old d men that can run a pp make a solid first pass and have that level of physicality. Big players take longer to develop and he was a late bloomer to begin with. His skating is solid he just needs reps. 21st picks rarely turn into what he projects to be.

ironic since the post you were responding was taking about contending teams. yet you say it has nothing to do with contending teams. you're guilty of exactly what you accuse others of and you cant even see it.
Are you serious? You still haven't read the post you quoted. Secondly I wasn't talking to you. Why are you quoting me. I avoid you at all costs because once again you've derailed a conversation that had nothing to do with you and you've wasted my time again. Please refer to my original post where reading before you type is a necessary requirement for engaging here.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I don't see any other 21 year old d men that can run a pp make a solid first pass and have that level of physicality. Big players take longer to develop and he was a late bloomer to begin with. His skating is solid he just needs reps. 21st picks rarely turn into what he projects to be.

Are you serious? You still haven't read the post you quoted. Secondly I wasn't talking to you. Why are you quoting me. I avoid you at all costs because once again you've derailed a conversation that had nothing to do with you and you've wasted my time again. Please refer to my original post where reading before you type is a necessary requirement for engaging here.
you're the one that keeps taking this off topic. my post was about his value which i dont think is a 1st round pick. addison just got moved for a 5th so i don't see where all the extra value comes from.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
you're the one that keeps taking this off topic. my post was about his value which i dont think is a 1st round pick. addison just got moved for a 5th so i don't see where all the extra value comes from.
No.... for the love of God read the thread and stop embarrassing yourself.

I was quoted by another poster. I never brought up contending teams. He did which was an assumption based on my comment of 'a late first'. Which as per usual a Toronto fan who thinks the world revolves around them only assumed it could be a contending teams with a late first. I then articulated that it was a rebuilding/retooling team. Then you quoted a post where I literally said retooling/rebuilding teams.

Please for the rest of us that are capable of reading comprehension. Read the thread before typing. Thanks again for wasting mine and everyone else's time. Before responding please read this post and all the others on this page that everyone else is capable of following.

Addison is nothing like WiFi. Undersized offensive d man that can't defend. Another example of your inability to provide anything of substance.

So a 22 years old with the skillset of Xhekaj who can also put up 20-30 points a year isn’t worth anything of value because he’s not already a top 4 D?

Do you know what the % of 22 years old D that can play top 4 minutes at the NHL level is? Probably in the mid to high single digits.

The only reason he’s in the AHL right now is because he’s not better than Matheson & Guhle (duh) and Struble is on a hot streak. He’s definitely an NHL caliber player at this point in time.

Unless a young top 6 forward is available for a package that would include Xhekaj, I see no reason to even consider trading the young man.
Bingo

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
No.... for the love of God read the thread and stop embarrassing yourself.

I was quoted by another poster. I never brought up contending teams. He did which was an assumption based on my comment of 'a late first'. Which as per usual a Toronto fan who thinks the world revolves around them only assumed it could be a contending teams with a late first. I then articulated that it was a rebuilding/retooling team. Then you quoted a post where I literally said retooling/rebuilding teams.

Please for the rest of us that are capable of reading comprehension. Read the thread before typing. Thanks again for wasting mine and everyone else's time. Before responding please read this post and all the others on this page that everyone else is capable of following.

Addison is nothing like WiFi. Undersized offensive d man that can't defend. Another example of your inability to provide anything of substance.

Bingo
xhekaj is already on retooling/rebuilding team, with a thin blueline, and hes still getting reserve defenseman minutes. his minutes are even declining from last season. i just dont see how a rebuilding/retooling team values that at a 1st rounder.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
xhekaj is already on retooling/rebuilding team, with a thin blueline, and hes still getting reserve defenseman minutes. his minutes are even declining from last season. i just dont see how a rebuilding/retooling team values that at a 1st rounder.
That isn't a thin blue line. It just has older players that are similar and further along in their development. It has depth, he's still developing, getting big AHL reps will be good for the player because he is exactly that developing on a rebuilding team. Crazy concept to develop a player with patience...

You may not see it, but I personally do. It's a risk like any pick or young player but it's less risky than a late first. I know what I value and it's big heavy d cores. Not all hfers agree which is fine but there's one constant in NHL history. Big heavy d cores that move the puck win when it counts.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Theres definitely some work to be done with Xhekaj but no 22 year old defender is perfect specially not a late bloomer i think eventually he will become a good physical def that you love to have in the playoffs

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
This thread is funny. The OP asks for a trade value measured in terms of draft pick. Someone says 3rd (likely in the right ball park), and the Hab fans get all pissy. What did they expect: 1st rounder and solid prospect? LOL.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Superlative Soup

Lights too bright
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
This thread is funny. The OP asks for a trade value measured in terms of draft pick. Someone says 3rd (likely in the right ball park), and the Hab fans get all pissy. What did they expect: 1st rounder and solid prospect? LOL.
Are you new here? Any Hab starts with a 1st.

Dvorak, Matheson, Xhekaj, Monahan, Anderson, Montebeault. No exceptions!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not a Habs fan in fact I dont like them at all. This is absurd he is worth way more than that. Big physical heavy d man that can handle a puck and just started on his pro development curve. Big players take longer. Id give up a late 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd if he's on the table.

It's a good thing you aren't an NHL GM then.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Habs fans think every one of their players is worth a 1st at minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad