Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is there anything in Oregon that would be worth the attention of the Russian mafia?
NYC on the other hand:

Smuggling drugs up to Vancouver? Oregon and Washington are basically two cities surrounded by dense drug labs.

Reactions: scumpup

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This feels like a good "cut this one off for everyone's best interest" point to me.

200w.gif

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Don't joke about the Russia mafia, they're real and have connections to people in the Kremlin.
Putin's regime is run primarily by his old KGB buddies from St. Petersburg, and they have ties. They're referred to as "The Siloviki."

Writing a book on the world oil market and have been researching the Russian oil industry, which is full of lovely stories of stock manipulation, fraud, dubious legal maneuvers, and hit squads. No good guys, just bad guys and worse (Putin's people) guys.

Russia is a kleptocracy where those with connections can steal with impunity, while ordinary citizens have to be careful about what they say, especially publicly or on social media.

You are writing a book about the oil market? I drove down some roads in Azerbaijan that went right through an oil patch. Was shit crazy

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You are writing a book about the oil market? I drove down some roads in Azerbaijan that went right through an oil patch. Was shit crazy
Azerbaijan was one of the earliest oil producers.

The Baku region on the shores of the Caspian Sea began production in the 1870s, led by the brothers of Alfred Nobel (he of explosives and the Nobel Prize.) The Rothschilds got involved in the 1890s and brought in Marcus Samuel, a London businessman specializing in imports and exports. Samuel created the Shell Transport and Trading Company Limited in 1897 to manage petroleum product trading activities. To diversify his sources of supply, Marcus Samuel acquired concessions in the Dutch East Indies and in Texas from the Spindletop oilfield. Shell became the first company with oil sources throughout the world. In 1902 a working relationship was established between Shell and Royal Dutch, and a 1907 agreement created Royal Dutch Shell. In 1918 the new Soviet regime nationalized the oil industry and Royal Dutch Shell lost 50% of its oil supplies.

Shell was one of the original "Seven Sisters" who dominated the world oil market until the 1970s.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most of these are ECHL moves, you not only have to man the ECHL team, you have to have "spares" b/c any injuries at levels above means players get promoted (i.e. Reading to LHV, and LHV to Philly).

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
i dunno...maybe get someone that can speak his language and not " he speaks no english" crap

Yeah that pisses me off the most. Like, you're biggest prospect is Russian and Kolosov (I know he's Belarusian, but could speak Russian) and you don't have someone who can f***ing talk to him? You can hire someone you dumb f***. You DUMB f***.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His new agent appears to be Dan Milstein/Gold Star Hockey. Looking over their client list, the only current or former Flyers I could identify were Mikhail Vorobyov and Ilya Pautov. They specialize in Russian players, though not exclusively (they represent Evander Kane, for example), and just to play merry hell with my hopes and dreams, they also represent Yaroslav Askarov.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's not getting out of his ELC and becoming a FA.
Flyers would lend him to a KHL club but if it means the ELC runs out, they'll probably play hardball.

Ad

Ad

Ad