Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh. Notice he hasn't asked for a trade.
That is, he doesn't merely want to go to a different organization.

He wants to play in the KHL on a NHL entry salary - and if he got out of his ELC, he could shop around to the highest bidder.

So maybe it's the Flyers, maybe it's Kolosov, that is, he's got cold feet about leaving home.
Or his agent had some hustle going on.

However, given his KHL performance so far, he's not the next Shesterkin. That is, if he wants a NHL career, he almost certainly will have to spend a year or two in the AHL with any team.

Stay tuned.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Lmao this team.

He wants to play in the KHL on a NHL entry salary - and if he got out of his ELC, he could shop around to the highest bidder.

So maybe it's the Flyers, maybe it's Kolosov, that is, he's got cold feet about leaving home.

However, given his KHL performance so far, he's not the next Shesterkin. That is, if he wants a NHL career, he almost certainly will have to spend a year or two in the AHL with any team.

Stay tuned.
Maybe it's because Kolosov watched Lappy trot out vested interest Peterson while Kolosov sat on the bench.

Or maybe it's because this team didn't get him a translator and stuck him in a hotel room by himself

We'll never know.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Stay tuned.
Maybe h has asked for a trade and Flyers keeping it quiet again.

Flyers no longer get the benefit of the doubt under any circumstances.

Does this look bad from an optics perspective on the Flyers end do you think?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe h has asked for a trade and Flyers keeping it quiet again.

Flyers no longer get the benefit of the doubt under any circumstances.

Does this look bad from an optics perspective on the Flyers end do you think?
Meh. I mean Kolosov isn't exactly an elite goalie prospect.
He's had two solid KHL seasons at a fairly young age, but nothing close to Sorokin or Shesterkin at the same age.

So the AHL is in his future if he comes over until he proves himself NHL ready - I mean look at Askarov (11th pick), did his time in the AHL (2yrs), but wants a trade b/c his path to the NHL is blocked.

Far all we know he doesn't like buses.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He's had two solid KHL seasons at a fairly young age, but nothing close to Sorokin or Shesterkin at the same age.

So the AHL is in his future if he comes over until he proves himself NHL ready - I mean look at Askarov (11th pick), did his time in the AHL (2yrs), but wants a trade b/c his path to the NHL is blocked.

Sounds like the company spin. Was highly thought of 4 months ago, now not so much.

Why are you comparing him to those 2 Russian outliers?

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
From NHL rumors:

Philadelphia could suspend Kolosov without pay if he refuses to report to Lehigh Valley upon assignment in the fall. Since the KHL now exists independently from the IIHF and the Russian Ice Hockey Federation, there would be no sanctions against them if Kolosov signed a contract with Minsk in violation of his deal with the Flyers.

Problem is he wouldn't get paid under his ELC but a KHL salary. That could be a really big pay cut.
And the Flyers would retain his rights and I presume his ELC then slides.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like the company spin. Was highly thought of 4 months ago, now not so much.

Why are you comparing him to those 2 Russian outliers?
Because they were good enough to have real leverage.
From the Flyers standpoint, Kolosov is 1-2 years away from being a NHL backup.
Zavragin will be in the KHL this season (Sochi) and Bjarnason back in the CHL.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
From NHL rumors:

Philadelphia could suspend Kolosov without pay if he refuses to report to Lehigh Valley upon assignment in the fall. Since the KHL now exists independently from the IIHF and the Russian Ice Hockey Federation, there would be no sanctions against them if Kolosov signed a contract with Minsk in violation of his deal with the Flyers.

Problem is he wouldn't get paid under his ELC but a KHL salary. That could be a really big pay cut.
And the Flyers would retain his rights and I presume his ELC then slides.

What a beautiful start to the Flyers-Kolosov relationship. Hopefully this puts to bed the whole Briere and Jones are Russian-Whisperers crap that’s been spewed everywhere. They are absolute knuckleheads if even half of the rumoured reports of his isolation are true.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The seeds have been planted.

They might be right in that he could get leapfrogged, but they wouldn't be putting up a fuss about him going back to the KHL if they didn't want him. They're also goalies, and it's the epitome of their hubris to start counting 19 year old goalies before they hatch. Also, keep in mind: the Flyers are so self-critical of their own prospects that they haven't traded a prospect on his ELC since the Ottoman Empire.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They might be right in that he could get leapfrogged, but they wouldn't be putting up a fuss about him going back to the KHL if they didn't want him. They're also goalies, and it's the epitome of their hubris to start counting 19 year old goalies before they hatch. Also, keep in mind: the Flyers are so self-critical of their own prospects that they haven't traded a prospect on his ELC since the Ottoman Empire.

Would Bjarnason even be included in there if it was based on his play up to date in the WHL? I feel like that one was is jumping the shark based off a summer international camp play.

Like goalies are tough to project. But the Flyers appear like they just potentially lost an intriguing lottery ticket with Kolosov. When you bunch him with every one else you probably have enough lottery tickets there to feel confident at least one with push through that’s more so where he has value than a standalone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’ll give Charlie credit here he was the only person that covers that team that I know that at least voiced there’s a legit possibility Kolosov was unhappy & didn’t want to be here despite the Flyers organization messaging the opposite.

Edit: Kurz on the other hand is a shameless lap dog for the organization. :laugh:

The Flyers and their drones insisting Kolosov is happy and good did more than anything to convince me Charlie was right.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Stay tuned.

How do you know he hasn't asked for a trade?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Or, how about this: the Flyers culture of malignant neglect towards prospects is bad and yields predictable results (which are bad).

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

This doesn’t mean he’s a nothing asset.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One can be a good goalie prospect without being special.
A special goalie has some leverage, but even the Preds goalie is still struggling to get out of there.

Kolosov has done nothing special so far, enough to keep developing him, not enough to bend over backwards for him.

Flyers want him in LHV so he can adjust to NA game, they're not bringing him over from the KHL to dump one of their goalies and make him a NHL backup unless he's suddenly lights out in Russia. Like Fedotov dominating the KHL playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad