Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Briere is the train on a non-stop course to "f***ing around and finding out."

While I find Chuck to make stupid decisions, he at least felt like a GM. Briere is doing everything in his power to do as little as possible while saying they are doing everything and smugging the entire time. How long until he petitions his son to be part of the Team Canada Paralympics Hockey Team coaching staff?

nacc BLOCC

Apr 16, 2019
Pro: Briere knows his fanbase is so in their corner that they’ll keep believing him no matter how absurd the stance. He understands the audience and the assignment.

Con: Nothing will ever change because this will never stop being the case.

i just really can’t believe they’re going with “gosh, he speaks another language! nothing we can do!” but throw hands up in the air and snort routine.

the way the interviewer chuckles at the SHEER IMPOSSIBILITY of communicating with somebody who doesn’t speak english was a nice bit of seasoning on that too. that guys gotta be dumb as shit.

the scale of arrogance and disingenuousness is the most impressive thing the flyers organization has to offer.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The "He doesn't speak English excuse" doesn't add up. He has an agent who does speak English.

Was his agent not giving the Flyers clear answers? Or was Kolosov not giving his agent clear answers to give to the Flyers?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
i just really can’t believe they’re going with “gosh, he speaks another language! nothing we can do!” but throw hands up in the air and snort routine.

the way the interviewer chuckles at the SHEER IMPOSSIBILITY of communicating with somebody who doesn’t speak english was a nice bit of seasoning on that too. that guys gotta be dumb as shit.

the scale of arrogance and disingenuousness is the most impressive thing the flyers organization has to offer.

That’s because you’ve put more effort into communicating a Chinese food order than they have self-evaluation.

Like you said, it’s arrogance. This is just who they are.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

The interviewer is either Riley Cote or Derek Settlemyre (former Flyers equipment manager).

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pro: Briere knows his fanbase is so in their corner that they’ll keep believing him no matter how absurd the stance. He understands the audience and the assignment.

Con: Nothing will ever change because this will never stop being the case.
The-Simpsons-Am-I-out-of-touch-meme_Q320.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I could see Briere’s comments meaning that they literally can’t just call Kolosov because the issue is they have to talk to his agents and not him directly and less so about having to speak Russian.

Now that doesn’t exactly paint a good picture of the organization either with the player doesn’t want to talk to them directly.

Seems oddly familiar doesn’t it?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’ll give Charlie credit here he was the only person that covers that team that I know that at least voiced there’s a legit possibility Kolosov was unhappy & didn’t want to be here despite the Flyers organization messaging the opposite.

Edit: Kurz on the other hand is a shameless lap dog for the organization. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad