Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Looking at the play of LHV prospects last season, they're being coached well.

The real problem in LHV were the AHL veterans, Laczynski couldn't stay healthy, Brooks was a disappointment, Garrett Wilson and Allison were mediocre, Marody was good on the PP but a liability 5x5 (too slow for center), Mete has never regained his early career flash.

They've brought in Abols, Eklind, Rizzo, Richard. Hopefully that will upgrade the forwards.

When someone like Ginning, who is a limited talent, doesn't embarrass himself in his NHL cameo, you know they're teaching the basics.

I suspect it's more about the assistant coaches and the development staff, but the results are fine.
You just can't expect your AHL coaches to turn marginal talents into stars.
What criteria you using to make this claim? Has cement head sent any non 1st rd picks to play in the NHL on any consistent basis?

Yet you have those marginal prospects penciled into future lineups.

Still no resolution....

What does it say?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you watched them play, the kids weren't making bone head plays on a regular basis (compare to Risto before Shaw got hold of him, then after, to see the difference good coaching makes).

Attard and Ginning are below average skaters, but they weren't consistently caught out of position.
Lycksell also played solid hockey.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If you watched them play, the kids weren't making bone head plays on a regular basis (compare to Risto before Shaw got hold of him, then after, to see the difference good coaching makes).

Attard and Ginning are below average skaters, but they weren't consistently caught out of position.
Lycksell also played solid hockey.
Has cement head sent any non 1st rd picks to play in the NHL on any consistent basis?

Didn't see any young player really improve all that much if any at all. Some regressed.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Knowing Briere and Jones are on the case, makes me feel extremely confident that they will not let their butthurt feelings get in the way of a reasonable and mutually agreeable way to bring Kolosov back into the fold.

Everything up to now has shown me they are calm and collected and always preserve bridges rather than burn them.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I see it on the other side that he may not want to come back then.
Maybe, maybe not. Kid really doesn’t wanna go to Allentown.

I’m a huge soccer guy and I work in international business, so I think I see this all the time, so I’m kind of just numb to it.

Bad look for the org though, even if it’s not really their fault.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Maybe, maybe not. Kid really doesn’t wanna go to Allentown.

I’m a huge soccer guy and I work in international business, so I think I see this all the time, so I’m kind of just numb to it.

Bad look for the org though, even if it’s not really their fault.

They signed Fedotov to the contract he currently has and they played Peterson over Kolosov in the regular season and playoffs. f*** yeah it's also on them.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
They signed Fedotov to the contract he currently has and they played Peterson over Kolosov in the regular season and playoffs. f*** yeah it's also on them.
Yeah I have no problem with how they handled his minutes after he came over. Takes time to adjust to a new country/team/league - angles, speed of play, style of play.

I didn't want them to rush him in the net last spring - I was totally on board with him getting 60% of the starts in the AHL for 2024-2025 after a productive summer here in the US, and being goalie #3 for the Flyers.

How did they handle the off the ice stuff? Well from what I heard, they had him in a nice hotel (no prob there), which is great...but we didn't have a damn translator for the kid. Huge miss.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Zavragin starting his first KHL season at 18 years old. Will come over at 21.
Bjarnason will start for LHV next season.

They'll just play it by ear with Kolosov, they can leave him in Russia, and if he takes a step up, trade him in a year or two if he doesn't want to come over.

It's actually to their advantage, since if they loaned Kolosov, it would burn another year off his ELC, so if he plays in the KHL by breaking his contract, same effect except his ELC doesn't toll.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even more, Dinamo Minsk recently have signed another goalie, so it doesn't look like they are willing to wait for him.
He doesn’t seem to have any leverage unless there’s another KHL team who wants to deal with getting screamed and yelled at, but to that end, would really be the only downside. Not sure how mad they want to make the IIHF.

I don’t put that past everyone, but I also don’t think he’s enough of a needle-mover whereas Fedotov was because only the stronger KHL teams would do it.

Is he going to sign with a team in Belarus’ domestic league? Almost certainly not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah I have no problem with how they handled his minutes after he came over. Takes time to adjust to a new country/team/league - angles, speed of play, style of play.

I didn't want them to rush him in the net last spring - I was totally on board with him getting 60% of the starts in the AHL for 2024-2025 after a productive summer here in the US, and being goalie #3 for the Flyers.

How did they handle the off the ice stuff? Well from what I heard, they had him in a nice hotel (no prob there), which is great...but we didn't have a damn translator for the kid. Huge miss.

The adjustment doesn't exist anymore. KHL uses same size rinks, and the speed level isnt far from the AHL. They botched his handling. There's really no excuse for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad