No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
off to Italy for budget meeting.

nice

I really don’t want to go
confused-jaguarsfan.gif

I kid, I assume you're not going to have much time to enjoy it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Mandatory security training just had the gall to suggest unique 20+ character passwords for our various work accounts.

Nuke the internet.

And not even five minutes later, the same course is recommending 25+ character passwords.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Mandatory security training just had the gall to suggest unique 20+ character passwords for our various work accounts.

Nuke the internet.

And not even five minutes later, the same course is recommending 25+ character passwords.

Similar stupidity going on where I work right now.

Not only 20, but 2 upper, 2 lower, 2 special, and 2 numbers. Lmao. They really want users writing down passwords apparently.

17 characters with just upper and lower will take 2 billion years to crack with current technology. These security firms are such f***ing scammers.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Similar stupidity going on where I work right now.

Not only 20, but 2 upper, 2 lower, 2 special, and 2 numbers. Lmao. They really want users writing down passwords apparently.

17 characters with just upper and lower will take 2 billion years to crack with current technology. These security firms are such f***ing scammers.
I just use a password manager.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ever since I lost my sense of taste to Covid, I always get stoked whenever I suddenly find a food or a beverage that does literally anything for me.

Finding out that I like shandies is opening up a new world of drinking, which was otherwise boring to me other than whiskey sours.

No shocker, lemon’s about it for me nowadays on registering any unique mouth feel.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Ever since I lost my sense of taste to Covid, I always get stoked whenever I suddenly find a food or a beverage that does literally anything for me.

Finding out that I like shandies is opening up a new world of drinking, which was otherwise boring to me other than whiskey sours.

No shocker, lemon’s about it for me nowadays on registering any unique mouth feel.
First shandy I had was beer, grapefruit juice and ginger. Took a couple of sips and poured it down the sink. Couldn't believe people actually drank that stuff. Then one summer day, I decided to try it again and ended up liking it. Guess the first one was such a shock, I hated it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure where to put this, but wanted some perspective from other hockey players on this situation.

I play pick up (no body contact) with a bunch of random guys, half of them I consider to be "friends" now, the other half I get along with just don't know them well.

For the past 2-3 weeks, seems like every time I get the puck, I get hooked, slashed, tripped, held on to, etc. I have a feeling it's because I tend to score 3 or 4 goals every time we play and that's the only way they can slow me down.

It got to the point last week where I got completely sick of it. I know it's just for fun, and not to be taken serious, but at the same time I am a pretty competitive person who also tends to have a bit of a temper.

Near the end of the game, I deked out a guy, went around him and he hooked me to the point where I couldn't even skate forward. After dealing with this type of nonsense all game from multiple people, I came back around, and as the buzzer sounded kind of gave the guy a cheap shot from his blind side on the body (not the head) and he flew to the ground. He got pretty pissed off to the point he wanted to fight and I was pretty pissed off as well, but don't typically resort to fighting. After getting undressed, heads cooled, I went to his locker room, apologized, he accepted it, and apologized for hooking and all is good now.

Problem is, how do I deal with this moving forward? I'm sure guys know that if they do it, it gets under my skin, but that i'll give it back. I also don't want to keep having that type of hostility if I do give it back. I just want to play fair and square and score goals lol
Played with the group of guys again for the first time since this incident. Not a single stick touched me all game. Guess they got the message.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
First shandy I had was beer, grapefruit juice and ginger. Took a couple of sips and poured it down the sink. Couldn't believe people actually drank that stuff. Then one summer day, I decided to try it again and ended up liking it. Guess the first one was such a shock, I hated it.

Yeah, to be clear, I wasn't a fan of shandies when I had taste. Something about mixing a Yuengling with a Sam's Club lemonade just works for me now, though.

And I fully recognize how sacrilegious that may sound. I literally can't taste a thing.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Just hung up Christmas lights to make the missus happy.

I know that’s enraging some of you.
*raises hand*

We're not even a week into November and I'm already sick and tired of hearing about Christmas.

I don't know how I'm gonna survive the next two months.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just hung up Christmas lights to make the missus happy.

I know that’s enraging some of you.
If you don't turn them on then it's completely fine. From experience, always smarter to hang em up before it's cold and wet. Turning them on is a little ridiculous IMHO.

The unofficial Tame Impala rule is they can go up on Black Friday and must be taken down one week after NYE.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you don't turn them on then it's completely fine. From experience, always smarter to hang em up before it's cold and wet. Turning them on is a little ridiculous IMHO.

The unofficial Tame Impala rule is they can go up on Black Friday and must be taken down one week after NYE.
Always a tradition for me to go out in the cold and do Christmas decorations while I sip some whiskey, so it doesn't really bother me to do it that way. I'll probably put mine up the week of Thanksgiving, they'll go on the week after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad