OT: Anything Goes 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
One thing I always wondered with eating game meat, don’t you have to worry about diseases/viruses/bacteria/etc…in that wild meat that is most likely not going to be found in higher quality store bought meat? Seems like the gamble would be high especially storing it and prepping it yourself.

Otherwise very little problem with hunting. I’ve been wanting to do it for a while. It seems like an important experience to have, killing an animal yourself and eating it. I’d imagine it’d make me better appreciate that something that was alive is now dead just so I can enjoy a burger or a halibut filet.

As long as you're processing/storing/prepping the meat properly, the risk shouldn't be that high. Maybe higher than store bought food, but I don't know how much higher.

Thankfully, I do this with people who have been doing it their whole lives, so they help me out a ton.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
There are times when say the disease where they slowly bleed to death from a virus from a mosquito bite that is something to be careful of. It wipes the herds of deer out. And chronic wasting. But we send a sample to DNR to check for that as they want to know if it is around. You are pretty safe.

Have you ever driven by feed lots? It’s a terrible life for the animal and they have to treat them for disease there often as they are packed together. It is good to know where your food comes from. 99% of the people don’t. Like many fruita and veggies are made ‘ripe’ by pumping ethylene gas into storage as they are picked well before ripe. Not bad for you per se but something to know. All plants already have that in them already but food for thought.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Happy thanksgiving you clowns
IMG_0866.gif

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
This morning I did my first ever Black Friday in-person shopping.

Never done it before, and I will never do it again.

Was in line for a great grill on sale. Two guys jumped in line and ended up getting the last two right before me.

People are too big of assholes for me to ever want to do that again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

I've never done black friday either. Never understood people subjecting themselves to that or waiting in line for hours on thanksgiving just to save a couple hundred bucks on meaningless consumer items.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

I've never done black friday either. Never understood people subjecting themselves to that or waiting in line for hours on thanksgiving just to save a couple hundred bucks on meaningless consumer items.

This is usually how I approach it. But I've been waiting a pellet grill, and I couldn't pass up the chance to get one for $600 off. But I learned my lesson. It'll never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad