OT: Anything Goes 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Guys I am helpess here. Whenewer I go to the site lately I immediately get a "We value your privacy" pop up, which I get stuck on and cant get anything with it. If I click on agree nothing happens, If I reload the site it is still there. How do I get rid of it?

Sometimes I manage to at least write one comment like now before it appears, but mainly I am just crippled and unable to post or read anything on the site.

Anyone else has this problem? Any help will be much appreciated thanks :)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Guys I am helpess here. Whenewer I go to the site lately I immediately get a "We value your privacy" pop up, which I get stuck on and cant get anything with it. If I click on agree nothing happens, If I reload the site it is still there. How do I get rid of it?

Sometimes I manage to at least write one comment like now before it appears, but mainly I am just crippled and unable to post or read anything on the site.

Anyone else has this problem? Any help will be much appreciated thanks :)
For the ads I did a ad blocker and now I’m a sponsor. That made everything go away. More tech savvy users should be able to help more.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Tom Skilling is retiring. People with $ who work into their 70s are weird.
Disagree entirely. My father had countless clients who would sell their businesses, and go back to work a year later because they were bored and their wives wanted them out of the house. I have a friend whose father is 101 years old, a lawyer, still goes into the office every day.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Disagree entirely. My father had countless clients who would sell their businesses, and go back to work a year later because they were bored and their wives wanted them out of the house. I have a friend who we father is 101 years old, a lawyer, still goes into the office every day.

Find a f***ing hobby???

All this tells me is, that person did nothing but work their entire life, and has no idea how to actually LIVE. Their entire existence revolved around work, and they have no identity outside of that. So f***ing depressing.

If your wife wants you out of the house, you're also a shitty spouse.

This post sums up almost EVERYTHING wrong with US culture today.

Reactions: Blue Liner

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Find a f***ing hobby???

All this tells me is, that person did nothing but work their entire life, and has no idea how to actually LIVE. Their entire existence revolved around work, and they have no identity outside of that. So f***ing depressing.

If your wife wants you out of the house, you're also a shitty spouse.

This post sums up almost EVERYTHING wrong with US culture today.
I don’t know man, some people like working. I can’t imagine ever stopping completely.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Watched the Beckham doc and it is pretty good. I saw him with MU way back and boy those were the glory days. The current owners have destroyed the team I loved and wish only the worst for them and their family in every f***ing way possible.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Growing up a kid in 90's that meant growing up watching shows like Step by Step

Leaves Joyce DeWitt as only member of Three's Company cast left

RIP

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Went to Hell'sGate haunted house on Saturday night. A little disappointed in it after seeing trailers and such. They were pumping through groups of like 60 at a time, and forcing you through as fast as possible. Wasn't really scary at all. The actors while waiting in the lines to go in were actually the best ones, and interacted with the crowd really well.

There were a couple of good actors inside with fantastic abilities to alter their voices or make noises, but with the speed of how they forced everyone through, you couldn't really experience and enjoy any of the pop-out scares from actors, or animatronic features. An actor would pop out and scare a couple people in front of you, and now you know where they're at. The features would trigger and pop out at people in front of you, so it would be there going off already as you approached it. And for something where they're supposed to send you through 6 at a time, and have it an intimate, small group experience, they were sending through groups of 60, in 10 person groups, around every 20 seconds. So you always had a massive line of people going through in front and behind you. Like... 60 people would line up in a room in 6 lines of 10. They'd send the first 10 in, then 20 seconds later, the next 10, etc.

My favorite feature was the "laser swamp". They had green lasers waist high. There was fog below the lasers so thick you couldn't see your own feet, and they had some actors laying down in it and they would pop up out of the fog. It was pretty cool looking as the fog wouldn't go above your waist. It looked like a flat table of fog being forced to stay below the lasers somehow. That was cool.

Overall, it was worth the $40 for general admission, and hanging out with a buddy before and after having a few beers there. It was worth it to see some of the animatronics and such as they were really well-done. And I can appreciate the scale and amount of work that goes into it all. Just not as good as I expected, and not nearly as scary as they try to make it out to be.

If anyone was worried about it being too scary, it's definitely not scary. Not even a little bit.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Well, we take Wrigley to then oncologist tomorrow. He goes under and gets a CT scan and biopsy. We are hoping for the best but it has been very very hard. We just love him and cry when he is asleep. We know we are here to care for him as he has us. It doesn’t make it easier…..

Attachments

• IMG_5648.jpeg
    IMG_5648.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Well, we take Wrigley to then oncologist tomorrow. He goes under and gets a CT scan and biopsy. We are hoping for the best but it has been very very hard. We just love him and cry when he is asleep. We know we are here to care for him as he has us. It doesn’t make it easier…..
Hoping for the best for you guys.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure where to put this, but wanted some perspective from other hockey players on this situation.

I play pick up (no body contact) with a bunch of random guys, half of them I consider to be "friends" now, the other half I get along with just don't know them well.

For the past 2-3 weeks, seems like every time I get the puck, I get hooked, slashed, tripped, held on to, etc. I have a feeling it's because I tend to score 3 or 4 goals every time we play and that's the only way they can slow me down.

It got to the point last week where I got completely sick of it. I know it's just for fun, and not to be taken serious, but at the same time I am a pretty competitive person who also tends to have a bit of a temper.

Near the end of the game, I deked out a guy, went around him and he hooked me to the point where I couldn't even skate forward. After dealing with this type of nonsense all game from multiple people, I came back around, and as the buzzer sounded kind of gave the guy a cheap shot from his blind side on the body (not the head) and he flew to the ground. He got pretty pissed off to the point he wanted to fight and I was pretty pissed off as well, but don't typically resort to fighting. After getting undressed, heads cooled, I went to his locker room, apologized, he accepted it, and apologized for hooking and all is good now.

Problem is, how do I deal with this moving forward? I'm sure guys know that if they do it, it gets under my skin, but that i'll give it back. I also don't want to keep having that type of hostility if I do give it back. I just want to play fair and square and score goals lol

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I hate it

Found Gwengoolie unfunny and annoying this past weekend

Why ruin a good thing with shitty additions?

I get Koz is getting up there in age and his health issues but these additions suck. I assume Gwengoolie character is hoped to be eventual successor

First show with her was not a hit for me but we shall see.

The other two are f***ing terrible with the Nosferatu character just f***ing terrible when he made guess appearance months ago and the other guy going by character name of IMP comes off as a Z-list blue's clues impersonator.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not sure where to put this, but wanted some perspective from other hockey players on this situation.

I play pick up (no body contact) with a bunch of random guys, half of them I consider to be "friends" now, the other half I get along with just don't know them well.

For the past 2-3 weeks, seems like every time I get the puck, I get hooked, slashed, tripped, held on to, etc. I have a feeling it's because I tend to score 3 or 4 goals every time we play and that's the only way they can slow me down.

It got to the point last week where I got completely sick of it. I know it's just for fun, and not to be taken serious, but at the same time I am a pretty competitive person who also tends to have a bit of a temper.

Near the end of the game, I deked out a guy, went around him and he hooked me to the point where I couldn't even skate forward. After dealing with this type of nonsense all game from multiple people, I came back around, and as the buzzer sounded kind of gave the guy a cheap shot from his blind side on the body (not the head) and he flew to the ground. He got pretty pissed off to the point he wanted to fight and I was pretty pissed off as well, but don't typically resort to fighting. After getting undressed, heads cooled, I went to his locker room, apologized, he accepted it, and apologized for hooking and all is good now.

Problem is, how do I deal with this moving forward? I'm sure guys know that if they do it, it gets under my skin, but that i'll give it back. I also don't want to keep having that type of hostility if I do give it back. I just want to play fair and square and score goals lol
Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast if you're playing in pickup/men's leagues, and guys can't keep up. They're going to hook, slash, trip, and generally do anything they can to take you off your game, or slow you down. @Pez68 is generally one of the best guys on the ice and he gets hacked and slashed to no end. This is what the bad players do to anyone that isn't as bad as them.

First game back on the ice a couple months ago I had my skate kicked out from under me from behind because of a bender trying to push me around in a corner and me dumping him on his ass. Tore up my knee good falling backwards on it, and it bending the wrong way, and haven't been back on the ice since then. Speaking of which, it's time I do get back out there... but it's just the way it goes if you're better than others out there.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast if you're playing in pickup/men's leagues, and guys can't keep up. They're going to hook, slash, trip, and generally do anything they can to take you off your game, or slow you down. @Pez68 is generally one of the best guys on the ice and he gets hacked and slashed to no end. This is what the bad players do to anyone that isn't as bad as them.

First game back on the ice a couple months ago I had my skate kicked out from under me from behind because of a bender trying to push me around in a corner and me dumping him on his ass. Tore up my knee good falling backwards on it, and it bending the wrong way, and haven't been back on the ice since then. Speaking of which, it's time I do get back out there... but it's just the way it goes if you're better than others out there.
Yeah, I've been slew footed pretty bad, the guy said it was on accident, yeah right. I guess I just keep giving it back and hope I don't come home with a black eye or something lol Maybe if I keep giving it back they will be less likely to do it. I don't know, I've just put up with it until last week, when I snapped. (didn't help I wasn't playing the greatest either lol)

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, I've been slew footed pretty bad, the guy said it was on accident, yeah right. I guess I just keep giving it back and hope I don't come home with a black eye or something lol Maybe if I keep giving it back they will be less likely to do it. I don't know, I've just put up with it until last week, when I snapped. (didn't help I wasn't playing the greatest either lol)

Yeah, this guy didn't do it on accident, either. Both of us were going for a change behind the play, and I feel him literally kick my skate. Even left a big gouge in the steel where he did it. All because he was f***ing awful, tried to get physical in the corner, and got dumped on his ass.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I've taken a cross check to the throat because some guy was pissed I was making him look bad. I wasn't even scoring, just trying to make plays to my teammates.Only a handful of minutes left in the game so I decided to just sit it out. Not worth risking a serious injury over some idiot.

In your situation, I would have done the same thing. Would start throwing the body around a little. It's more fun when it's a little chippy anyways. Tell them to knock it off. If it escalates, it's just not worth risking an injury, IMO.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've taken a cross check to the throat because some guy was pissed I was making him look bad. I wasn't even scoring, just trying to make plays to my teammates.Only a handful of minutes left in the game so I decided to just sit it out. Not worth risking a serious injury over some idiot.

In your situation, I would have done the same thing. Would start throwing the body around a little. It's more fun when it's a little chippy anyways. Tell them to knock it off. If it escalates, it's just not worth risking an injury, IMO.
Yeah, our leagues are always a little chippy and physical, especially along the boards. Just no outright body checks allowed. And I'm fine with that. It's when some bender gets his little feefees hurt that the problems come in.

Reactions: BLKHKhockey

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah, this guy didn't do it on accident, either. Both of us were going for a change behind the play, and I feel him literally kick my skate. Even left a big gouge in the steel where he did it. All because he was f***ing awful, tried to get physical in the corner, and got dumped on his ass.
I got slew footed driving to the net and ended up landing on the guys skate. The blade went clean through my elbow pad and sliced my elbow up good.

There's playing hard, and then there are idiots. I try not to engage with those. And this was in a charity tournament.

Yeah, our leagues are always a little chippy and physical, especially along the boards. Just no outright body checks allowed. And I'm fine with that. It's when some bender gets his little feefees hurt that the problems come in.
Man, I miss really hockey. Where do you play?

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad