OT: Anything Goes 41

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Whooooo, that yellow fever vaccine is a bit of a trip. Had a fever reaction for one night and some crazy dreams

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm preemptively getting sad for my five year-old son, as his best friend is moving across the country at the end of the month and hasn't really realized that he won't be able to see his buddy any more after that. That is going to hit him like a ton of bricks when he realizes.

Being a dad has unexpected downsides.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm preemptively getting sad for my five year-old son, as his best friend is moving across the country at the end of the month and hasn't really realized that he won't be able to see his buddy any more after that. That is going to hit him like a ton of bricks when he realizes.

Being a dad has unexpected downsides.
The upside is that the internet has made the world really small. You could always keep in contact with his parents and in 5 more years they could be playing Fortnite talking to each other on the mic like nothing changed...I lost contact with so many people over the years as a kid when I moved for the military. I found them later through remembering their names and finding them on socials, but that was like 10-15 years after I knew them.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's a part of life and a worthwhile lesson for children to learn. People come and go, he'll make plenty of friends

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Our Great Dane Wrigley had a really terrible vet visit yesterday. He has cancer and it was just the worst news to hear. Cannot describe the level of crushed our hearts are. We are so devastated I cannot stop crying……. He is our everything! He is feeling fine now and we are exploring options as there is an excellent oncology for pets clinic here. So hoping to get some better news next week after that visit. Just so hard is all.
IMG_6104.jpeg

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Our Great Dane Wrigley had a really terrible vet visit yesterday. He has cancer and it was just the worst news to hear. Cannot describe the level of crushed our hearts are. We are so devastated I cannot stop crying……. He is our everything! He is feeling fine now and we are exploring options as there is an excellent oncology for pets clinic here. So hoping to get some better news next week after that visit. Just so hard is all.View attachment 745262
Losing a pup is incredibly hard. My dane hound Sundin passed roughly six years ago. Wept like a baby. Sorry brother.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Our Great Dane Wrigley had a really terrible vet visit yesterday. He has cancer and it was just the worst news to hear. Cannot describe the level of crushed our hearts are. We are so devastated I cannot stop crying……. He is our everything! He is feeling fine now and we are exploring options as there is an excellent oncology for pets clinic here. So hoping to get some better news next week after that visit. Just so hard is all.View attachment 745262
Sorry to hear about Wrigley. I have had three English Mastiffs, one named Wrigley. Two I lost to bone cancer after about 11 years. Unfortunately these lovable big guys just don't live as long as we would like them to. Sounds and looks like Wrigley has lived a good life. Hope the oncologist gives you better news.

Reactions: Pez68

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Good luck to you and your pup.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I hope you get positive news from your next appointment. Losing a pet is such a hard thing to go through. Best of luck.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
We do have a great pet oncologist clinic here in Tucson so we are working through things. Thanks to everyone for listening. I am not good at dealing with loss.
Pets are family, and having a family member deal with cancer absolutely f***ing sucks.

We're here for you if you need to talk (or more accurately post). That shits helps a little.

Reactions: Pez68 and Giovi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What in god's name happened to this site? The ads are absolutely insane, and it looks like my adblocker just took a dump. How long has it been like this?

It is unusable without an adblocker.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What in god's name happened to this site? The ads are absolutely insane, and it looks like my adblocker just took a dump. How long has it been like this?

It is unusable without an adblocker.
Its been a while. I just keep my adblock on and keep clicking the popup to go away. It is unbearable without it.

I'd rather pay .50 cents a month than deal with this shit. Server costs are also really cheap these days so you could easily host something like this with that kind of revenue.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Its been a while. I just keep my adblock on and keep clicking the popup to go away. It is unbearable without it.

I'd rather pay .50 cents a month than deal with this shit. Server costs are also really cheap these days so you could easily host something like this with that kind of revenue.
$12 a year to be a sponsor, and all the ads go away. Money well spent imo.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I know literally zero of her music. But I am getting old so not in my wheelhouse but still.....it is way over the top with her everywhere.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know literally zero of her music. But I am getting old so not in my wheelhouse but still.....it is way over the top with her everywhere.

I'd almost guarantee you know some of her music and don't even realize it's her. It's next to impossible to not hear her songs on a radio. She plays on just about every type of station.
You living that Kaczynski lifestyle? Like that's not possible.
Gotta be, right? Haha.

Reactions: Pez68

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
You living that Kaczynski lifestyle? Like that's not possible.
I kinda do down here. I just stick with rock and metal on Sirius and just do not recognize pop music much. I play just rock on my guitar as well. I have never (even as a child) much cared for pop. I remember first hearing Zep, VH, Metallica, Nirvana, Radiohead. PJ, ....that stuff is my kind of music and are timestamps in life. The little lady plays a lot of P!nk and Katy perry but no Taylor.

Also, don't underestimate the grandeur of a Kaczynski lifestyle lol! Peace and quiet is not to be overrated.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I kinda do down here. I just stick with rock and metal on Sirius and just do not recognize pop music much. I play just rock on my guitar as well. I have never (even as a child) much cared for pop. I remember first hearing Zep, VH, Metallica, Nirvana, Radiohead. PJ, ....that stuff is my kind of music and are timestamps in life. The little lady plays a lot of P!nk and Katy perry but no Taylor.

Also, don't underestimate the grandeur of a Kaczynski lifestyle lol! Peace and quiet is not to be overrated.

She had a ton of country songs out before she went pop. Multiple albums worth. If you listened to any country radio you've probably heard some of them.

And I'd kill to live in a small town with some peace and quiet. Can't get the wife to move too far from her family at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad