OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
People In tech, how do you deal with situations where you’re basically doing the users job for them because they’re too dumb? Just reach out to their supervisor? I mean I might as well be treasurer with how much reconciliation I’ve done for a user that can’t figure out how to reconcile

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Champaign game company Volition shutting down.

solong.jpg

Most well-known for Saint's Row and Red Faction, but FreeSpace 1 and 2 were my favorite PC games of the 90s alongside Warcraft 2 and Starcraft. My first online message board was their old VBB, too. So blame those punks for setting me down this path.

Shame to see. Hope the employees all land on their feet, but that's going to be a moderate economic hole in downtown Champaign.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Water heater element failed last night, caught the inner/outer shell insulation on fire. Installed the new one today. Cost me about 800 and the copper pipe I did my best to re-use but had to buy some new fittings. My first time changing one. Glad nothing bad happened when it failed other than a bunch of water dumping on the ground in my basement. Could have been way worse.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Crow

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Finally booked my first 'real' vacation since COVID started.

Gonna follow in the footsteps of Darwin. Ok, not really, but I am heading to the Galapagos islands for 2 weeks to scuba dive, snorkel, and explore various protected areas and sanctuaries.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Finally booked my first 'real' vacation since COVID started.

Gonna follow in the footsteps of Darwin. Ok, not really, but I am heading to the Galapagos islands for 2 weeks to scuba dive, snorkel, and explore various protected areas and sanctuaries.
Is it booked through National Geographic by chance? My buddies and I have been eyeing the excursions they have all over the world. Pricey, but you go to some of premiere natural parts of the planet.

Enjoy man that’s going to be a fan f***in tastic vacation. Show us some cool pics

Reactions: JaegerDice

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Been seeing a girl from Palatine. She'd been bugging me to take her to rainbow cone, the most overrated ice cream shop on the planet. Took her to Plush Horse today and she said it was the best ice cream she's ever had. If you know you know.

Great call. Rainbow Cone....pfft.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Didn’t mention it, but spent the long weekend up in Chicago. Took my astronomy-loving son to Adler for the first time, and he was enthralled there all day from open to close, 10 AM to 4 PM and he still wanted more.

He’s only five, but hot damn does it seem like space is his thing. Definitely have to cultivate that. He’s already very obsessed with black holes and the idea of white holes. Couple that with the fact that he began learning about quantum shit last year thanks to the Kurzgesagt app, and he’s definitely going to be something else.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Is it booked through National Geographic by chance? My buddies and I have been eyeing the excursions they have all over the world. Pricey, but you go to some of premiere natural parts of the planet.

Enjoy man that’s going to be a fan f***in tastic vacation. Show us some cool pics

No, I didnt book through Nat Geo, but Ill check that out in the future, it sounds awesome!

Reactions: Ben Grimm

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Thought I had read somewhere that you need a permit from Ecuador to visit Galapagos. Is that true?

I don’t think that’s accurate, but you are required to have a licensed tour guide to visit the islands.

Yeah, you just need a passport to fly to the islands, plus you need to pay a National Parks fee. There are three main islands that travelers are free to explore for themselves, but all the ‘cool’ stuff like sanctuaries requires a certified guide to take you there.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Latest on the Kroger-Albertsons merge. Sold off 400 stores, including 14 in Illinois (sold to Piggly Wiggly's holding company). Any remaining will not retain Mariano's branding, which was also sold.

Ben Grimm

Can't buy me glove 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
For some screwy reason the HF Blackhawks forum will not let me sign in while using chrome. Never had this issue before. So I'm on Firefox now and not having any problem.

Other weirdness is that while on chrome I can sign into any of the other forums at HF. But when I try to go from, for example, the Arizona forum to the Blackhawk forum, I get signed out. Course the 'log in' icon gives me an error when trying to sign in. I have gone into my cookie settings on chrome and deleted all cookies twice now, still no luck signing into Blackhawks forum.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
This forum is the only one I've seen where embedded posts from Xtwitter don't display for me. I don't have an X account and don't want one since other places display those posts without an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad