OT: Anything Goes 41

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Any updates on what is causing it or anything? If you don't care sharing, obviously.
Wasn’t taking the right meds and I wasn’t great at taking the old ones because I weighed so much more and I was abusing alcohol the last time this was an issue.

Lotta words to say I was being an idiot. Take your meds folks. Even if you’re young and healthy. You don’t know better than medical professional.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wasn’t taking the right meds and I wasn’t great at taking the old ones because I weighed so much more and I was abusing alcohol the last time this was an issue.

Lotta words to say I was being an idiot. Take your meds folks. Even if you’re young and healthy. You don’t know better than medical professional.

Ah ok. I take a pill for gout, plus a men's one a day, a vitamin d, and 1000mg of vitamin c daily. Best thing I found is a pill container for the week sitting somewhere where you always notice it, and make it a routine to do it like as soon as you wake up in the morning. Mine sits right on top of the fridge where as soon as I walk up to do anything in the fridge in the morning I see it as a reminder to take them. I like the fridge as placement because you visit it so often throughout the day, so even if you forget on a trip to it, you go back to it often and/or randomly walk up to it and stand with the door open like us guys like to do. :laugh: I also make it a point that on Saturday when it's empty for the week, as soon as I take my pills for Saturday, I refill all 7 days for the start of the week on Sunday morning. It has become second nature now to just walk in the kitchen when I wake up, grab some water/OJ/coffee, and immediately pop the day open on the pill container and take them.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

Sounds a lot better than getting diagnosed with something new, at least.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
xZClEi5_d.webp

Weekend initiated.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Me too. I eat mostly clean and take allopurinol every day, but I still get a flare up every now and then. I can usually pound water and Advil to keep it minor.

I've been dealing with it since my late 20's. I'll be 39 in October. Hereditary and passed down from my Dad, unfortunately. I take allopurinol daily, also. Haven't had a flareup in 3 years since I've been on it.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I've been dealing with it since my late 20's. I'll be 39 in October. Hereditary and passed down from my Dad, unfortunately. I take allopurinol daily, also. Haven't had a flareup in 3 years since I've been on it.
Same timeframe for me. I’m 41. My maternal grandfather had it.

I just can’t handle some sauces, like spaghetti with ground beef or Indian qorma. Two of my favorites that I try maybe once a year and it’s like playing Russian roulette

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Been really into golf this summer. Playing 2-3 times a week. Funny how being in Vermont has pushed me to get out more than ever because I know itll be gone soon enough :(

time for that basement simulator babe.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Going to Nashville the last weekend of October and just discovered I can't buy Preds tickets because they're restricted to residents of their TV market.

:rolleyes:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They do that for the regular season, too?

I wonder if that's just a restriction on Chicagolanders, as the biggest appeal for Nashville in the NHL is being an apparently great road market for players and fans alike to visit. Blocking tourist money for a regular season game seems especially dumb.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, for 5 "Gold Games"

Leafs
Rangers
Red Wings
Hawks x2

Guess Nashville doesn't like tourism money. Whatever.

I'll be interested if, in the next CBA negotiations, Nashville is one of the teams crying poor over a lack of revenue whilst voluntarily limiting the demand for some of their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad