OT: Anything Goes 41

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
@DisgruntledHawkFan

Sorry about the layoff dude. Sounds like you’re going to land firmly on both feet though which is awesome. Also where’d your avatar go???

How’re your Python classes going? I was doing electrical engineering work for a little bit and found it unfortunately pretty boring. Have since made the switch to Computer Science over the last few years and have been loving it.

Logic structures are simple enough for me to understand. Been thinking about designing a Restaurant Operating System since I’ve spent so much time in the Chicago service industry.
Appreciate it brother. Just needed to find another Kopecky picture. Landed up a step. More bullshit but with OT I'll be making another 20k than I was.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Appreciate it brother. Just needed to find another Kopecky picture. Landed up a step. More bullshit but with OT I'll be making another 20k than I was.
That’s great. When do you start? You said the old place is paying you through August, so would be nice to get a check from both.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the Hollywood writers and actors strike is realky about demands for protection agaibst being replaced by A I.. which if trained eventually coukd write tge scripts and put screenplay writers out of work .. and coukd vreate human looking avatars to act the roles ...removi g humans from the entire process and with nobody left to pay tge studios would make more profits..However the studio corporTio s sboukd not be so smug about this possibility..because the movie goibg consumers Otto streaming consumers could get tgeir own A Is to by pass studio productions abd creTe their own TV and movies for them to each.Even the studios could be replaced by A.I....nobody knows where this will end..but itcain't good for "humanity"...oops they want to wipe out tgat word from the re-set culture too!..So with A.I. replacing people is so many jobs and people unable to earn money from jobs to buy food and shelter...they either gotta educate the number of people on existence on this planet or put us alk on the dole watching entertainment since we have nothing else to do anymore ...put us in a doped uo zombie lijexstate and soon nobody will themselves want to exist anymore...

So yah...big consequences if the Hollywood strike is "humanity's last stand before th falls into extinction.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I'll be double dipping the back half of August.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: QueerGirrl

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Did a few 12” leagues this past spring and fall. Couldn’t believe how sore my legs were just from running the freaking bases. Until I started stretching for 10 minutes before games of course. It was a ton of fun regardless.

Pitching was a bit of a nightmare sometimes because the fields only had 60’ base paths and the pitching mound was 45(?) feet away so lobbing up pitches for dudes to absolutely crush and potentially rocket back into my face wasn’t fun at all.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Did a few 12” leagues this past spring and fall. Couldn’t believe how sore my legs were just from running the freaking bases. Until I started stretching for 10 minutes before games of course. It was a ton of fun regardless.

Pitching was a bit of a nightmare sometimes because the fields only had 60’ base paths and the pitching mound was 45(?) feet away so lobbing up pitches for dudes to absolutely crush and potentially rocket back into my face wasn’t fun at all.
Twelve inch is insanity. It's slow pitch baseball.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like I grew up playing 16". Played one 12" league in my twenties. That's a hard ball and glove sport. Guys smashing absolute piss missiles. 16" you can play a few beers deep. Twelve inch you'll break some bones.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Played 16" for years in the city. Now stuck on a 12" team in the burbs cuz that's what I'm friends out here play. Kind of hate it but better than not playing. May try to find a 16" team next year, want to get back into it before it's too late.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I moved to Vermont, my FL plate registration was still valid, I got my Vermont Plates and Vermont insurance and canceled my FL insurance. FL suspends my license because I don't have insurance in FL registered on that registration, for a plate that is sitting in my drawer. So f***ing dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad