OT: Anything Goes 41

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
You should just bring them to HF
It's a completely different experience - you guys wouldn't want to ditch this AT all. Best hockey forum on the planet. But it would A-MAZING for voice channels, and GameDay threads/if you guys feel like basically instant messaging in channels.

Also thus f***ing server no one posts in the hockey part. It's sad, died off years ago. You guys wouldn't be there.

You'd have a full category with everything you need. I'd even make someone from HF boards an admin of that section. Probably that guy who suggested making it in the first place

Last edited:

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
See attached acreenshot. What kind of madman puts the + on the left and - on the right! It blew my mind. Is that a Canadian thing?

It's all cool but just threw me off haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725_212035_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230725_212035_Chrome.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 4

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
For me personally, discord is like a backup for those days HF crashes and we want to talk hockey. Also, I enjoy watching games on voice chat and with people all the time during football season.

It’s fun to hop in a call and discuss what you see.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
For me personally, discord is like a backup for those days HF crashes and we want to talk hockey. Also, I enjoy watching games on voice chat and with people all the time during football season.

It’s fun to hop in a call and discuss what you see.
Can you Czech your pm's? I already have something that would be PERFECT for you guys. Permissions set and everything lol

I'd just love a chance to talk to you about it, and show you how it would look .

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Got into a surprisingly heated argument with my boss the other day because he's buying into the meme of "Oh my god why is no one talking about aliens now that we have government officials telling us they're real".

People will believe anything despite a lack of concrete evidence and incomplete testimonies. The galaxy is too big, it would take way too much time to travel back and forth across vast cosmic distances, and the likelihood of the two time lines between our species and aliens lining up so we're both intelligent enough to communicate with each other is astronomically low.

We're 4.24 light years away from the nearest star, meaning we'd have to travel at the speed of light for 4 years and 3 months to get there. Something that is essentially physically impossible based on our current understanding of travel through space.

No one knows for sure but the likelihood that these limitations prevent us from finding/meeting/communicating with aliens is IMHO much higher than the likelihood we've been contacted by aliens and our governments have their ships in storage somewhere. We have no solid evidence.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Got into a surprisingly heated argument with my boss the other day because he's buying into the meme of "Oh my god why is no one talking about aliens now that we have government officials telling us they're real".

People will believe anything despite a lack of concrete evidence and incomplete testimonies. The galaxy is too big, it would take way too much time to travel back and forth across vast cosmic distances, and the likelihood of the two time lines between our species and aliens lining up so we're both intelligent enough to communicate with each other is astronomically low.

We're 4.24 light years away from the nearest star, meaning we'd have to travel at the speed of light for 4 years and 3 months to get there. Something that is essentially physically impossible based on our current understanding of travel through space.

No one knows for sure but the likelihood that these limitations prevent us from finding/meeting/communicating with aliens is IMHO much higher than the likelihood we've been contacted by aliens and our governments have their ships in storage somewhere. We have no solid evidence.
On top of that, life is still incredibly rare, would need to be in a goldilocks zone, and think about how old the earth is in relation to how long its had life.

I believe there are aliens. Hiw intelligent, I don't know.

But I just don't think they're here.

And military personnel are just as likely to be conspiracy theorists as the rest of 'Murca.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Better off letting things go than having heated arguments with your boss.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Got laid off Friday. Holy hell I had no idea people were getting paid so much to drive trucks. Have two job offers already around $30 hourly. $28.50 with an owner I'm on a first name basis with or take my chances with a company I'd be going in blind with at $31.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Got laid off Friday. Holy hell I had no idea people were getting paid so much to drive trucks. Have two job offers already around $30 hourly. $28.50 with an owner I'm on a first name basis with or take my chances with a company I'd be going in blind with at $31.

Are there any major differences between your job responsibilities with these companies? Does the lesser one offer an opportunity to increase your pay? Does one offer more overtime (if you want that)?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
what kind of trucks? Box trucks? CDL, non-cdl? Dump Truck?

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I lurk a trucker sub since it's kinda interesting. They've discussed pay and it sounds like more than a few make over six figures. Something random I found is they have a lot of respect for trash truck drivers, of all things, since it's a union job where you're home daily and decent pay. I've thought about getting a CDL, but I wouldn't want to do long haul for more than a few months before finding something local.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Are there any major differences between your job responsibilities with these companies? Does the lesser one offer an opportunity to increase your pay? Does one offer more overtime (if you want that)?
I made my bones as a heavy machinery operator in my twenties but as I hit my thirties I've become management. The higher hourly gig is as a terminal operations manager which is cake work but very little OT while the lower paying one is driving hourly but it's early am M-F 50-55 hours a week.

I'm 35 and I'm getting paid through August. The smart play is to find a union gig. I've got twelve years in with my railroad pension and I can go back to being a crane operator in 2027. Had a stroke and a seizure last February. Clean bill of health thankfully. Put in thirty years with the right craft and I can double dip pension wise and retire someplace warm.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If that’s the only difference, take the money.

Edit: posted before you expanded above.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad