OT: Anything Goes 41

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Spotted the new Blackhawks secondary logo at O'Hare.

20230722_084659.jpg

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I just learned about the Three Prisoners problem today, or the Monty Hall Problem. Interesting.
That’s a classic. Several years ago in this thread I tried to get people interested in statistics/logic problems like that, but no one cared. The people here other than us are lame.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That’s a classic. Several years ago in this thread I tried to get people interested in statistics/logic problems like that, but no one cared. The people here other than us are lame.
I found it interesting that you're logically supposed to change your answer after the goat is revealed.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I love math, statistics/ logic problems. Not sure how I had never heard of the problem. I even got to Calc 2 in high school and did take some advanced math in college as well. Probably did learn about it just didn’t pay attention.

Also yeah a lot of #GoodHockeyMen in here.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I found it interesting that you're logically supposed to change your answer after the goat is revealed.
Yeah, most people’s initial inclination would be to think that with two options remaining that it’s 50-50, even though it’s 1/3-2/3. The easiest way to understand it via example is to pretend there are 1000 doors instead of 3. You pick one door, and then Monty opens 998 other doors that he knows have goats behind them. So it’s then down to the door you picked, and one other. Of course you’re going to switch, because your door is still 1/1000 to have the money behind it, and the other is 999/1000.

Last edited:

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Did anyone else know there was a Stan Mikita's Donuts on Higgins and River Rd?

(They're going by Stan's now but I think everyone who is either a Hawk fan or has seen Wayne's World knows what it is)

• Haha
Reactions: MarotteMarauder

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Did anyone else know there was a Stan Mikita's Donuts on Higgins and River Rd?

(They're going by Stan's now but I think everyone who is either a Hawk fan or has seen Wayne's World knows what it is)
Has nothing to do with Stan Mikita.

So just how did a famous L.A. doughnut shop land in Chicago?

Chicago donut history was made in 2014.

That’s when Rich Labriola of Labriola Baking Company opened the first Stan’s Donuts & Coffee in Chicago, the result of a friendship and partnership formed years earlier with Stan Berman, founder of the iconic Los Angeles shop that bears his name.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Could we make a HF Hawks discord?
Does it have to be hf hawks branded? I have a rolling discord and I could let one of you run it one hundred percent with anything you need, full access of the categories/channels in a custom built HF boards Hawks section! I'm an IT guys so I enjoy it haha.

Hockey is so f***ing dead but it doesn't even have to be in there you guys could have whatever you need and full perms there. I pm'd I'd be happy to message or chat, show you what I've got and what I could build for you---- quickly too.

Last edited:

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
What does Discord have that HF doesn't?

I use Discord for work and don't see the appeal of HF stuff over there, just wondering though.
Discord would be amazing for GameDay interaction for you guys. Instant messaging in channels (that can also have sub threads) It also has voice channel capability where you can share screen too.

It's super smooth and would be awesome

I set this one up because a forum I've been in for 17 years shut down Sunday.... with 5 days notice. I know some guys on here know where I'm from.

Sucks cuz it's been a dying site and a Lotta guys that only check every week or two will never be able to get in touch with others again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad