OT: Anything Goes 41

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My brother in law doesn't drink alcohol but he's really into root beers. I had no idea there was such a spectrum of quality there.

When we visit my buddy in wisconsin we usually stop at that Mars Cheese Castle on the way and get Sprecher's for him. They have great orange soda too

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My brother in law doesn't drink alcohol but he's really into root beers. I had no idea it there was such a spectrum of quality there.

When we visit my buddy in wisconsin we usually stop at that Mars Cheese Castle on the way and get Sprecher's for him. They have great orange soda too
Same thing happened with me when I stopped drinking last February.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lots of good root beer out there, IMO, but I'm partial to Sprecher also. Of the more standard offerings, I'm an A&W guy.

For cream soda, it's also those two.

Reactions: Pez68

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Barq’s or bust.
I don't drink pop often, but...

Out of the fountain- Barq's. Has more bite (didn't realize until now that this is there slogan). A&W and others seem creamier/subtler.

I remember getting IBC bottles at Fuddruckers growing up.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Anyone else having issues with this site? It goes from dark mode to white only on the main Blackhawks board then when I click a thread it goes back to dark. I can’t see unread threads either because of this. And it’s only the Hawks board that is doing it. Maybe I accidentally clicked something?

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Anyone else having issues with this site? It goes from dark mode to white only on the main Blackhawks board then when I click a thread it goes back to dark. I can’t see unread threads either because of this. And it’s only the Hawks board that is doing it. Maybe I accidentally clicked something?
I've been signed out a few times over the last two days and my dark theme would go back to the crappy light theme until I re-signed in. Doesn't really sound like that's what is going on with you though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I've been signed out a few times over the last two days and my dark theme would go back to the crappy light theme until I re-signed in. Doesn't really sound like that's what is going on with you though.

It’s good now. Was weird because it only happened on this board.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Whenever squirrel's come up it reminds me of the Russian foreign exchange student we had my senior year. She thought they were the cutest thing she had ever seen. Somebody asked her "They don't have squirrels in Russia?"

She turned and looked at us and said no. Just packs of wild feral dogs.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Whenever squirrel's come up it reminds me of the Russian foreign exchange student we had my senior year. She thought they were the cutest thing she had ever seen. Somebody asked her "They don't have squirrels in Russia?"

She turned and looked at us and said no. Just packs of wild feral dogs.
You buried the lede. Let’s hear about senior year DHF and the Russian foreign exchange student.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad