OT: Anything Goes 41

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So how many assholes keep shooting off fireworks near you?

I understood father's day weekend/Juneteenth assholes continue to fire them off and are doing it agani right now near me

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
It should be expected. The 4th of July is a week away.
Honestly surprised they haven't implemented some sort of firework ban considering the drought situation.

Good chance of rain for the next 5 days throughout Illinois, hopefully we can get some moisture before we create our own version of Canada.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Honestly surprised they haven't implemented some sort of firework ban considering the drought situation.

Good chance of rain for the next 5 days throughout Illinois, hopefully we can get some moisture before we create our own version of Canada.
We got 2 inches of rain the other night here in the southwest burbs. And more forecasted over the next week or so. I think it will be fine.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I mean, fireworks are already "illegal" in Illinois. Also, the drought conditions abated a few days ago now, with the 3 inches or so of rain we got.

Complaining about fireworks a week from the 4th of July is just next level miserable.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I mean, fireworks are already "illegal" in Illinois. Also, the drought conditions abated a few days ago now, with the 3 inches or so of rain we got.

Complaining about fireworks a week from the 4th of July is just next level miserable.
I can tune them out, but they freak out my dog. The fourth is fine, but I don’t need two weeks of fire crackers where he’s whiny and I’m tripping over him every second.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

We've received .03 inches of rain the past two weeks, and a total of .29 inches in the past 9 weeks.

There's more to Illinois than Chicagoland area.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Fireworks are for the weekend of the 4th and Diwali. If you're doing it at other times, you're just being obnoxious unless you're miles away from other people.

*also yells at sky*

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
We've received .03 inches of rain the past two weeks, and a total of .29 inches in the past 9 weeks.

There's more to Illinois than Chicagoland area.

That sucks. It's insane because out west they are getting a shitload of rain. We broke the planet.

To address your previous post again, there are burn bans enacted across the country during really dry/drought conditions, and those do include fireworks.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Fireworks are for the weekend of the 4th and Diwali. If you're doing it at other times, you're just being obnoxious unless you're miles away from other people.

*also yells at sky*

Yeah I think it's okay for a few days around the 4th. With a dog who gets very anxious and two younger kids, I don't love it, but I am fine with it right around the 4th. Just part of what it is.

However... I don't think there's a need to be shooting them off for fun a week before and after the 4th, though, which my neighbors tend to do. Like, just stick to a couple day period and be done with it.

Reactions: BLKHKhockey

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Yeah I think it's okay for a few days around the 4th. With a dog who gets very anxious and two younger kids, I don't love it, but I am fine with it right around the 4th. Just part of what it is.

However... I don't think there's a need to be shooting them off for fun a week before and after the 4th, though, which my neighbors tend to do. Like, just stick to a couple day period and be done with it.
I agree but that's tough to enforce. So many people are off the week before/after and it's a long summer holiday type thing. I'm a fireworks nut but I'm not as crazy as I used to be - too expensive.

We use a calming pill for our dog around the 4th, it helps her with the noise.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I agree but that's tough to enforce. So many people are off the week before/after and it's a long summer holiday type thing. I'm a fireworks nut but I'm not as crazy as I used to be - too expensive.

We use a calming pill for our dog around the 4th, it helps her with the noise.

Yeah I'm not going to call the cops or anything. Just gets a bit annoying when it's going on night after night. I get people are off, but that doesn't mean you need to be shooting off fireworks in the neighborhood haha. They've been pretty good about this so far this year, though. Hoping it's just more of a weekend thing, which is just fine.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
New wheels.

Attachments

• 20230629_182317.png
    20230629_182317.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Putt Pirate

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah I'm not going to call the cops or anything. Just gets a bit annoying when it's going on night after night. I get people are off, but that doesn't mean you need to be shooting off fireworks in the neighborhood haha. They've been pretty good about this so far this year, though. Hoping it's just more of a weekend thing, which is just fine.

I would also like to add that fireworks at 11:30 at night are also kinda dumb. Really no reason they need to be going off that late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad