OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No guys I’m asking if as soon as they lost communication with above is that the moment they died? Or were they stranded in that tube for a day or whatever with no communication and then the pressure equalized?

No way to know. They could have lost comms with above, sank to the bottom, and then when it hit it damaged the outside and then it would have been instant death. Or it could have happened at the exact moment comms were lost.

I lean towards the catastrophic failure and death occurring exactly at the moment they lost comms, otherwise why would they lose comms and contact with the surface? Just my opinion.

It's entirely possible they were stranded for x amount of time before anything happened, though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Having just gone skydiving a few weeks ago I’m trying not to judge someone too harshly for doing something so risky but goddamn that all seemed so unnecessarily dangerous. What views are you realistically going to get looking out through that tiny window 12.5k feet down in the ocean? The only light comes from the sub itself.

It’d be a once in a lifetime experience for sure to be down there if safety wise everything was on the level.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Having just gone skydiving a few weeks ago I’m trying not to judge someone too harshly for doing something so risky but goddamn that all seemed so unnecessarily dangerous. What views are you realistically going to get looking out through that tiny window 12.5k feet down in the ocean? The only light comes from the sub itself.

It’d be a once in a lifetime experience for sure to be down there if safety wise everything was on the level.

The uber rich do stupid things because they have the money to do stupid things.

I get it for the scientists, and even for the adventurers, to some degree, but just because you have the kind of money it takes to spend half a million dollars on tickets to do this shit, doesn't mean you should.

Especially now that we're hearing testimonials from other passengers that have done it stating it was a terrible idea, and they would never do it again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The uber rich do stupid things because they have the money to do stupid things.

I get it for the scientists, and even for the adventurers, to some degree, but just because you have the kind of money it takes to spend half a million dollars on tickets to do this shit, doesn't mean you should.

Especially now that we're hearing testimonials from other passengers that have done it stating it was a terrible idea, and they would never do it again.
If I’m rich enough in 30 years im 1000% going to do a commercial space flight if possible. Risks be dammed. It’s something I’d really REALLY like to see and do

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If I’m rich enough in 30 years im 1000% going to do a commercial space flight if possible. Risks be dammed. It’s something I’d really REALLY like to see and do
Space flight is a little different. We've been doing it for over half a century, and have essentially perfected it.

The shit these people were doing has only become plausible over the past couple years. These people are pretty much paying 250k per ticket to be guinea pigs.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Confirmed that it was a catastrophic implosion by the USCG.

Debris found during the search for the vessel “is consistent with a catastrophic implosion of the vessel,” said Rear Adm. John Mauger of the First Coast Guard District.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Had a good long weekend up in Whitehall, Michigan. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to unwind and with no expectation of doing anything. After speaking to my folks, they had kept track how many times we had previously been up there, so this trip marked the 20th summer that I went up there. Not bad for having been around for 39 summers. My son's fully indoctrinated to the area as well.

That being said, I'd recommend waiting until late July at least for the water to warm up. Lake Michigan was absurdly frigid, but thankfully Duck Lake and its channel into Lake Michigan was much more tolerable.
My great grandparents lived here my whole life. Nice town. Very nice weather when I was there in Septembers.

Reactions: No Fun Shogun

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My great grandparents lived here my whole life. Nice town. Very nice weather when I was there in Septembers.

The Whitehall area specifically, or the Western Michigan area in general?

Either way, damn nice place.... during the summers, at least.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My wife and I flew home through the wild fires in Colorado back in 2020. Was a crazy sight at 30,000 feet.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I live in Tucson and through the Bighorn fire 3 years ago that burned over 100,000 acres. We would watch it on our patio at night as it moved. I am in Madison, WI this week and the smoke is much worse here than it was in Tucson. Way worse!

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad