OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks all. Happy with our purchase. Our current smart tv stopped connecting to the Internet completely so it was time. 7 year old tv.

Can’t wait to see Bedard snapping 90mph wristers in crystal clear OLED

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wouldn’t pay a premium for a name brand, the lesser known brands make great televisions.

Yes and no. Televisions are very subjective. I can't watch cheap TVs. Too much motion sensitivity. If the refresh rate and fps isn't high enough, I see motion trails and blurring in almost all programming. Which I see watching hockey on roughly half of all TVs in bars. I don't skimp on TVs, work chairs, computer monitors, or bourbon. :D

Reactions: Giovi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yes and no. Televisions are very subjective. I can't watch cheap TVs. Too much motion sensitivity. If the refresh rate and fps isn't high enough, I see motion trails and blurring in almost all programming. Which I see watching hockey on roughly half of all TVs in bars. I don't skimp on TVs, work chairs, computer monitors, or bourbon. :D
All true. But you spelled "scotch" wrong.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s the first nice nice TV I’ve bought. Feels good man.

Have you guys been following this "Lost Submarine" story???? Wow. Stuck inside that cramped little tube with 5 other people isn't somewhere I'd want to be if everything is going right, let alone if things get problematic. I hope everyone is ok and they can get rescued.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
WTF is goibg on?

The White Sox stench is of biblical proportions !

QUEBEC wildfires burning up the province in the Northwstern parts and it is hot and dry again today and tomorrow so fires could re-ignite .. and in Jasper in ALBERTA they just got 20cm of June Snowfall and the current temperature is 11degrees Celsius..

Crazy extremes of weather for is Canadians ....the Apocalypse is nigh?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have an LG oled and had it for about 6 years now. Its amazing. OLED55C7V

I would like to get a new one eventually when sports starts getting broadcasted in 120 hz. But who knows when that will be. As of now it still looks and works amazing..

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Had a good long weekend up in Whitehall, Michigan. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to unwind and with no expectation of doing anything. After speaking to my folks, they had kept track how many times we had previously been up there, so this trip marked the 20th summer that I went up there. Not bad for having been around for 39 summers. My son's fully indoctrinated to the area as well.

That being said, I'd recommend waiting until late July at least for the water to warm up. Lake Michigan was absurdly frigid, but thankfully Duck Lake and its channel into Lake Michigan was much more tolerable.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
US Coast Guard found debris field that is likely from that submersible

Tragic that 5 people lost life but if it was implosion then that is instant death which would be far better than being trapped in tube with dwindling oxygen at bottom of ocean waiting to die.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
US Coast Guard found debris field that is likely from that submersible

Tragic that 5 people lost life but if it was implosion then that is instant death which would be far better than being trapped in tube with dwindling oxygen at bottom of ocean waiting to die.
Only they know what happened down there but i hope it was a quick death for all of them and they didn't suffer for long.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Would have been instantaneous. They never knew anything.
Right but they wouldn't have imploded instantly after losing connection with navigation. Wouldn't they have slowly sunk down to whatever depth-level they were at until pressure equalized and the tube popped?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Right but they wouldn't have imploded instantly after losing connection with navigation. Wouldn't they have slowly sunk down to whatever depth-level they were at until pressure equalized and the tube popped?

Pressure at depth that contact was lost with them would have been something like this happening as soon as integrity of hull or window was breached

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

As soon as pressure equalization was lost in the sub, it would be instant death. At those depths there's 6000lbs of pressure per square inch on the sub.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No guys I’m asking if as soon as they lost communication with above is that the moment they died? Or were they stranded in that tube for a day or whatever with no communication and then the pressure equalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad